Minerva's corner...

Well done for sticking to it, it's so hard when the motivation and will power aren't there isn't it, you have to really want it to keep going and sometimes it's hard to remember why it's so important, especially when face with temptation, or even boredom. Hope today's weigh in goes well. xx

Hey Minerva,

I was also AWOL for about 2 weeks from here, went to London had a fab time & gained 2lbs at my WI when I got home so I did that thing we do were I felt guilty & stuffed my face for another day cos well of course that is going to help the situation then I was to embarrassed to come on here haha!

What are we like!

Anyway well done on being back on it!

Dxxx

Hey Minerva,

I was also AWOL for about 2 weeks from here, went to London had a fab time & gained 2lbs at my WI when I got home so I did that thing we do were I felt guilty & stuffed my face for another day cos well of course that is going to help the situation then I was to embarrassed to come on here haha!

What are we like!

Anyway well done on being back on it!

Dxxx

*hug* I'm glad you're back on it! Glad to hear you had a good time in London! What did you do? Where did you go? I live in London, but never know what to do around here :p Don't worry about the extra day, it's always hard to get back on it, but, so long as you do eventually, that's what counts! :D I hope today you're fresh and ready to start again, 2lbs is nothing! You will get it off in no time at all xx

Hey Minerva,

Hope you're ok. How are you getting on?

x

I'm fine thank you! I haven't been posting much last few days, but I've been sticking to the diet. :) All good on my front, thank you for checking in! x

The diet is still going forward, with minor adjustments here and there, but am keeping at 1000 calories or below, so within dieting range. It's good in a way, dinner is simple, a few packs and that's it. Typically, I skip breakfast, eat an egg-white omelette for lunch, and have two packs for dinner, adding a bit of cauliflower, or mushrooms... or zero noodles. And have a 50cal WW yogurt at the end, because I'm going more for the low calorie principle rather than ketosis. I'm probably in a light stage of ketosis as it all doesn't add up to many carbs throughout the day, but keeping away from deep ketosis as that always makes me feel absolutely awful and light headed.

I do have that feeling though, that no matter what I do I'm not going to lose any more weight. Events coming up here and there don't help either. This Saturday is the street party I already talked about... then next Saturday there's an engagement party for my OH's sister. After tomorrow, I'm sure there won't be any loss for the week, but the rest I could probably manage better. I guess we'll see. I know that keeping good 90% of the time does work.
Oh well, I'm actually ok with how I look now, regardless of weight loss. When I catch my reflection in a shop window I don't see someone fat anymore, which is nice. I just see normal. Not thin/slim by any stretch, but average. And I'm ok with that. Genetics have dictated my build to be on the heavier side with a wide ribcage, round face (no matter what I do!) and wide hips. *shrug* I don't mind. It's me. Plus I don't want to be completely flat chested and that will happen if I lose much more. I'm not ashamed to be seen anymore and that's the important thing here. :) No longer scared to be pointed at and called fat by passing white van drivers (and that's happened in the past...). I haven't felt ok in my own skin for a long time, so it's a nice feeling. I hope it continues for a while.

Hope everyone is doing ok and will have a lovely weekend! x

The willpower is still not there, neither is the motivation, but I'm sticking with it still... Yesterday went well, according to my own plan - I'm mixing this VLCD up a little to suit me, but still keeping carbs low and calorie intake the same as it would have been on 4 packs. Maybe I will feel more motivated as time goes by, the first week is always the toughest mentally and it's always extra hard when I know there's an event coming up with food and drink... But, I'll do my best to stick to it.

WI tomorrow, we'll see how I do. :)
Hi Min :)

Glad its going well. I have also been "mixing it up a little". That was never my intention, but I found I just don;t have the pure steely will power and resolve I had the first time around. I was so black and white the first time - it was the only way I felt I could get through 10 months of a VLCD, so I never ever strayed off the course. And at the time, my focus was strong, life was pretty calm, and I managed that.

8 years later, I am a different person, and find I do NOT have that steely resolve - at least not yet. So I have been having at times the smallest amount of proteins just to shut up my head. I am not happy with myself - however - I am not going to beat myself up because its keeping me in the game. And I am still losing weekly and thats what matters. If it means it take me an extra month to get to my goal - at leat I know I will get to my goal.

So I have relaxed my approach this time around, at least for now. I do hope to get to where I manage to be 100% - but mentally I have to "do what I have to do" this time jut to stay in the game.

Make it work, one way or another. Thats my motto this time. lol

Glad youa re dong well and staying on course! :) xxx

Hi Min :)

Glad its going well. I have also been "mixing it up a little". That was never my intention, but I found I just don;t have the pure steely will power and resolve I had the first time around. I was so black and white the first time - it was the only way I felt I could get through 10 months of a VLCD, so I never ever strayed off the course. And at the time, my focus was strong, life was pretty calm, and I managed that.

8 years later, I am a different person, and find I do NOT have that steely resolve - at least not yet. So I have been having at times the smallest amount of proteins just to shut up my head. I am not happy with myself - however - I am not going to beat myself up because its keeping me in the game. And I am still losing weekly and thats what matters. If it means it take me an extra month to get to my goal - at leat I know I will get to my goal.

So I have relaxed my approach this time around, at least for now. I do hope to get to where I manage to be 100% - but mentally I have to "do what I have to do" this time jut to stay in the game.

Make it work, one way or another. Thats my motto this time. lol

Glad youa re dong well and staying on course! :) xxx

I was very similar to you the first time around on the VLCD. I think because it was the first time we did such a diet, and in a state of desperation, we probably thought this was the ONLY thing that could save us, so sticking to it 100% was the only way forward... But, I bet, like myself, you have learned over the course of the years, that while VLCD's work, they are not the only way one can lose weight. They are rough. Having learned so much about calories, nutrition and following other diet principles, I personally now have proved to myself that it's not black and white. Keeping calories low, adding a bit of protein does the same job. It will work BL. I think it's more emotionally healthy to have a bit extra so that food doesn't become alien and something to be feared. As you mentioned, you are not in a rush, having a relaxed approach is so much better. It makes the process less stressful and sustainable. The main thing is to stick to it for as long as possible. I see too many dieters give up after just a few weeks saying "this diet doesn't work" ... but it does. All diets work, just some need a bit more time to kick in.
The partial VLCD you and I are doing WILL work. Maybe a tiny tad slower than 100%, but, at the end of the day, does it actually matter how quickly it all comes off? The point is, IT WILL! :D And we are doing everything we can to get there. Well done for staying strong and forgiving yourself for any "mishaps". That's the attitude that will help in the long run, to keep on track and maintain at the end. It's all a learning curve! xx

Totally agree, I too did really well the first VLCD I did and stuck to it 100% with an almost religious zeal, I too was in a totally different place in my life with no complications that got in the way of the diet. I am currently a partial VLCDer as well and finding it works for me too, at least at the moment. x

Nice there are a few of us that are doing the VLCD in a way that suits ourselves - and its reassuring hearing others have relaxed from the 100% rule. It does feel more relaxed and more sustainable - as long as I keep it real and don;t slowly stretch the rules more and more.... lol

Keep doing it ladies! :)

Minerva I've just caught up on everything and you deserve a huge hug and well done! Your willpower is immense - I would've been drunk and face first in honey cake whilst on the bouncy castle. And you sound really at peace and happy with yourself in general which is lovely to hear :) so glad things are going well after some stress last month!

Nx

Minerva I've just caught up on everything and you deserve a huge hug and well done! Your willpower is immense - I would've been drunk and face first in honey cake whilst on the bouncy castle. And you sound really at peace and happy with yourself in general which is lovely to hear :) so glad things are going well after some stress last month!

Nx

To be fair, that is generally my plan for today :p Except the bouncy castle, I don't trust it ._. it's made of evil bounciness and floof.

The weekend was pretty bad food wise, as was to be expected to be fair...! But the weather was good(ish) at the very least. I find such events highly overwhelming so it was nice that I could duck back into my house whenever I needed a break, I guess that's the upside of a street party! :)

Today was good diet wise, back on track... even though I felt bloated and horrible. Eugh. Oh well, the bloat will shift so long as I remain on track. Hope everyone is doing well!

Today has gone well diet wise, but my poor OH is in hospital for an emergency cyst removal. Hopefully he won't have to stay overnight, poor thing. :(
While I am not looking forward to going back to Uni, I miss the routine, having free time (while is lovely) makes dieting so much harder! That hunger is the first thing to rear its head and boredom eating is something I do struggle with. Haven't given in yet though, despite the horrible carb-withdrawal headache...

Oh hun, hope your OH is alright.

I get what you mean about the diet suffering when you are off Uni. I am the same when I am off work, nothing to occupy my time I just want to eat!

Dxxx

He had to stay in overnight after all, they had to operate on him at 9pm, so it was too late to discharge him... He's still stuck there at nearly 12pm today even though a doctor should have seen him to let him go at 9:30! I know the NHS are doing the best they can and are heavily under strain, especially that he was unscheduled so they tried to fit him in the best they could, but still... Poor guy has to wait around not knowing anything, I feel sorry for him :(
Also took my cat to the vet this morning, the doctor half expected him to have deteriorated by now to be put to sleep, so was pleasantly surprised that he seems a lot better. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for my little man to continue to be well, he's such a sweet, adorable cat. He plays fetch like a dog and is so gentle when he playbites <3 he's such a sweetheart. I really hope he won't take a turn for the worse, but it could happen at any time. I'll just continue making a massive fuss over him, I think in some way, being loved and played with all the time does make a difference to animals to maintain their health too. :)

Popping in to say hello... read back a little way... you are doing so well :D

Poor other half I hope he makes a speedy recovery and so does your poor kitty:kitty: x

Back