Minerva's corner...

It for sure gets harder the closer you get to goal as the losses get smaller. I have so many weight mini goals be it getting down to the next stone/dropping certain no of lbs/new bmi number so it means every couple of pounds I've hit another goal and I reward myself with something and tick it off my physical list.

But yeah aslong as you are going in the right direction you will get there eventually :) it's taken me like 2 years now to drop 2.5 stone due to stopping and starting but it always started at a lower amount.
We have the same goal weight so good luck :)

In my view that's a lot of positives! Am very impressed you've started each of the last 4 years lighter. My weight has yo yoed all over the place, I REALLY struggle to lose consistently/maintain. As you say, take it week by week and you'll get there :) xx

I'm just starting to realise how torturous the next few weeks are going to be. 13 more weeks of this... Argghhhh... I don't know if I can last that long. It seems like such a long time. Such a big mountain to climb. I need to stop thinking of it in such a big chunk maybe... break it down somehow. Take it week by week. :(

You are choosing to put yourself through hardship for the next 13 weeks. What is 13 weeks? 91 days. 91/365 days is not a long time in the grand scale of things. So of course you will last this short period of time.

Mountain smountain - the road is rough, but is passable. You just got to manoeuvre carefully not to get stuck in a pot hole. That is all.

Thanks all :D I do need to reinstate the mini-goals cf70, you're right. I had them before, but for some reason I took them off, not to clog the signature part thing. Haha I got self-conscious. Now it just feels as if I'm not achieving anything in a weird way. I need a list to tick off!! xD

And don't get me wrong littlemisspiggy - my weight yo-yo's all the time too :p Last year I stopped at 11.6 officially, it went back up to 12, then went down to 11.1, then back up to 11.7 then up to my starting point this year at 12.4 xD I don't think it's ever static for anyone. But, there'd be moments when it did start climbing when I'd do 'damage mitigation' weeks. One or two here and there. And usually I'd have some number I don't want to see on the scale so I'd spring back into action.

Mark - you are, as always, right! :D 91 days isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things, it's a moment of "suffering" for a great reward. It IS worth it. We'd never think twice about 13 weeks if we were eating for the world! Haha. I think I just made it a bit too hard for myself at the moment, I need to rethink my dieting plan :p I'm not doing a VLCD with packs, so aiming for like 600 calories per day with fasting for the whole day isn't good, I need to make a more sustainable plan that's all. :)

Arghh my emotions are all over the place, nearly gave in yesterday and today, as I was at the food shop getting things we needed. >.< I didn't buy anything I shouldn't have though and food for today will be fine.
I know what's causing it, but there's nothing I can do to fix the situation and food is not the answer. Not sure what to do. Oh well. Still. As I said, the bottom line is, food won't solve anything.

Last edited:
The scales are not cooperating with me today. Showed a 3lb gain :eek: I had slightly more food yesterday at 1500 calories or so - which is around maintenance. Haha oh man, gotta love water weight jumping around. The average for the week is still below 800 though, so it should even out if I just keep going. So I'm not expecting any losses, maybe even a gain at WI tomorrow, oh well. I know I'm losing fat, even if the scales aren't showing it! It's just a snapshot after all. Mustn't get discouraged. :) I'm going to my parents today though for my stepmum's birthday - but the menu looks healthy, there'll be plain turkey and veg and SF jelly, so should be diet friendly, just have to keep an eye on portion size.

Water weight annoys me to the max! I'll show 2-5lb difference when I weigh in the mornings, but they somehow always even out to show a loss on my official weigh in day. I hope it works out!

Mark - you are, as always, right! :D 91 days isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things, it's a moment of "suffering" for a great reward. It IS worth it. We'd never think twice about 13 weeks if we were eating for the world! Haha. I think I just made it a bit too hard for myself at the moment, I need to rethink my dieting plan :p I'm not doing a VLCD with packs, so aiming for like 600 calories per day with fasting for the whole day isn't good, I need to make a more sustainable plan that's all. :)

Yes indeed the more sustainable the better it is in my opinion. Better to lose weight slowly and keep it off than to lose a lot of weight quickly only to regain as soon as you start to eat 'normal' food.

Arghh my emotions are all over the place, nearly gave in yesterday and today, as I was at the food shop getting things we needed. >.< I didn't buy anything I shouldn't have though and food for today will be fine.
I know what's causing it, but there's nothing I can do to fix the situation and food is not the answer. Not sure what to do. Oh well. Still. As I said, the bottom line is, food won't solve anything.

You did know what to do. You did not buy anything unnecessarily. After all out of sight = out of mind. Be pleased with yourself.

Just read the last few pages and just wanted to say you're doing brilliantly and have a great attitude. You are heading in the right direction overall so remind yourself that you are getting there whenever you have a wobble.

As a small update, I'm still somewhat trying to lose some weight... I did go off the rails for about 3 weeks in February, but back on it now... Doing an experiment for these two weeks and seeing if I lose weight if I have 6 days fasting in the day and S&S packs/keeping calories at around 800 and one really high day. I did a 100% week last week and weighed in at 11st 5 on Sunday - which was a super high calorie day, so Monday WI was 11st 10. I think I'll also change WI day to Sunday morning as it's going to be the less likely to be all over the place.
I've been 100% this week so far, so I will see what the scales say in a few days time. I guess I'm doing it for curiosity's sake if anything. But, I am aware that I need to stop faffing around, I have THREE weddings I need to attend at the end of August and I'd like to lose 2 stone by then. I guess because it isn't a lot of weight I keep putting it off... I'm also feeling fine with my body. I don't feel fat so there's no great motivation, it's purely for vanity's sake. Well I can try to lose a stone by my birthday in May at least. So that's something to aim for :p

Last edited:
So the experiment worked, shows me that a blow-out on a VLCD approach doesn't mean you won't lose weight, so long as you don't fall off the wagon after. :p The food last Sunday was exceedingly bad (not really planned, just happened that way) so the loss wasn't huge - 1lb, BUT, if I control it a bit more and not exceed sort of a normal 1700 threshold it should work out better... so that's what I'll try this week. :)
As a NSV though, I have noticed some real changes in my body, it feels more lean in places and my clothes are definitely looser! :D

Reactions: elm
Honestly, feeling myself getting smaller along with smaller clothes feels better than when the scale moves, haha.

It's been a while since I updated... But I guess as with everyone, there's always a reason. At around the time I stopped writing here, I went to the doctor to seek help for depression and anxiety that I've had for as long as I can remember. They gave me some medication which made me gain weight... I went off that and tried another which was better in those terms, but I did gain a stone - through stress eating and because the first drugs were making me horribly hungry all the time.
It's been a bit of a rollercoaster as Boots are terrible for prescriptions, they will only give you the cheapest version of the medication - even through you (and the doctor) request the branded version. I've found out that cheap generics are horrible and half the time do not work at all. So I went to see a private psychiatrist to get the help I need. He's diagnosed me with dysthymia (Persistent Depressive Disorder), body dysmorphia, social anxiety and possible underlying bipolar II which doesn't swing into mania.
So I guess right now I'm concentrating on healing the mind, this time with medication again. I took medication before at 18, but came off thinking that things will get better, that I can work through it, and to some extent I have developed a way of coping with life and getting things done in the last 12 years. But depression never went away. It's always there. Maybe it always will be. Oh well.

Last edited:
Hugs. Sorry you're going through this. You've come so far. I hope you can find the right meds/eating plan/something that helps things feel tolerable.

I'm doing lchf intermittent fasting, all those good fats are bathing my brain. Sugars the ***** for for my brain, been hard dumping it, however it's seems to be helping me keep a hold on things

I want to give you a virtual hug.

giphy.gif

Back