Minerva's on a mission!!

That's great! That first week really can be the hardest ever thing to get through - so far a week solidly on any plan evades me! I think you may surprise yourself and lose 11lbs in 4weeks. It is doable if the carbs are low and 20g is very low much lower than on S&S.

Well done!!! It's so hard to get started after time off so you're doing great :)

I'm 5.8lbs away from overweight i'm determined to get there!!!

I'll be doing pretty much the same as you food wise when I run out of packs so I'll look to you for ideas :)

Thank you Kira and Lou :D We're all getting there slowly aren't we? The point is we don't give up which is the main thing!! Just keep on trying :D

Today is day 9! Yay. Somehow am remaining on track... Probably drinking too much Tesco Xero Cola / Sugar-free Cream Soda isn't good for me, but after years of LL I just can't face water!! :( Buuuuut I'm supplementing water intake by lots of made-up sugarfree jelly so all is good ;) 2g carbs per whole sachet of raspberry/blackcurrant and 1g per sachet of lime or orange. :D Tasty.

The bathroom fitters left us with a lovely leak which is coming through to our downstairs bedroom (which was re-decorated last year...), so there's a lot of hassle. Annoying!!

Maybe I should write down meals?

Today:
B: 2 fried eggs
L: 100g cooked chicken, 25g bacon pieces, 5g parmasan, 150g iceberg lettuce; a couple of sprays of balsamic vinegar.
D: Peri chicken breast with garlic mushrooms.

:)

Hiya Minerva! I'm back on the boards and back on plan starting tomorrow! I've LOTS of catching up to do.

:mad: ANNOYED TODAY!!! Been below 800 cal per day and at 20g carbs per day all last week and not a single lb!! The scales showed minus 1, but then decided to go up 1. GRRR!!

Unless this Tesco Xero cola is lying on the nutrition and actually has lots of carbs and calories in it, I have NO idea why I didn't lose anything at all.

Hey guys, I'm back for a bit. Been struggling a little to get my head around the diet thing again, I sort of get on the wagon for a week or two, then relax and it all falls apart again. BUT, because of this on and off sort of thing, I actually haven't re-gained too much (here's me trying to comfort myself :p), 9 lbs since I was last here, but then again, it also could have been a lot worse. So, in a way, I'm glad I've been able to maintain a lesser weight, so if I do it in stages, my body and mind will catch up with a smaller frame on me, and as I keep getting it down, one bit at a time, rather than a HUGE chunk all in one go like I did originally it will be less confusing. :)

So, I'm back for an 8 week challenge - I'm thinking that maybe writing it down here and forcing myself to update the progress, having to write that I SUCCEEDED for the day, that pressure will make me less likely to wobble. :)

So, 8 weeks, here we go! I've updated my stats again to reflect all of this, it's not as bad as I thought. :)

Day 1! ......... guess I'll be back a bit later, after some chores, and I'll check in with everyone, cause well, I've missed you guys!

Hey! Minevera! Great to have you back! You've done really not gaining too much, that;s great! You are not alone in the on and off as I have done the same thing! I am back to Day 1 and aiming to stick to SnS to the end of March at least. Have an easy day 1! Catch up later!

Hello my dears! :grouphugg:

Yep, 9lbs in 6/7 months (looking back - my last post was in July! Eek!) really isn't so bad is it :p

Today, calorie wise has been fine, I had a double Mushroom Pasta pack for dinner with a small tin of mushrooms and something else in the day, which added up to normal reduced calorie amounts. :)

Been busy, a bit knackered now, so time to relax! I promise to catch up on all of you lovely ladies tomorrow morning! Well done Bee and Lou - you guys are doing AMAZINGLY WELL!! And Kira, you can be my start-up buddy, we can do it! :D :D :D

Great to see you back and having maintained a weight guide. 9lbs is fab! I'd gain that in a week lol. Xxx

Hi min welcome back . I've been back on lol for almost 8 weeks now . Post baby I finally feel like I can get self sorted again :) well done on that minimal gain . Your obviously really getting to grips with it all xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Right, I'm going to call today Day 2. Haaa SHHH everyone. Yesterday didn't happen, 25th of February doesn't exist on my calendar :p Nope!

But seriously though, I was just having a bit of fun yesterday and ate some things (in moderation obviously) that I shouldn't have. I find that I don't tend to want to emotionally eat - as in from BAD emotions anymore, I somehow got that under control (finally right?). Happy ones - that's something I still need to work on I guess. When I feel content and happy, I get too secure and eat a bit more. At least I know the problem and can work on it. :)

Right, I need to go to Homebase today to buy paint... and then put a final coat of white on the ceiling in the spare room. Fun...!! ... not.

Food for today will be wildly bland in the form of some cheesy pasta packs in the evening and a whole bunch of coffee during the day. :) And maybe some cup soup. I guess I'm doing a form of S&S, but substituting some stuff (like the soups/porridges) with low calorie options that are WAY cheaper (like Asda's chicken noodle soup/ or just a satchet of Quaker's oats). I mean, yes, ok, so the low carb content might not be achieved, but I know calorie counting works too, so that's the route I'm going. That whole ketosis thing has never been fully effective for me anyway, so meh at it! :)

Back