Minerva's on a mission!!

Minerva, I've set out mini goals for myself too, they go 1. Next stone bracket 2. Single lb digits in said stone bracket 3. Half way through said stone bracket 4. Only a few lbs in said stone bracket which then leads us back to 1. The most I'm counting is 4lbs in front which is so much more achievable than what I started with. Not saying it works for everyone but it certainly does for me. Well done on persevering though, your really made of stronger stuff than you give yourself credit for :) xxx

Thanks Carrie - how are you doing? How's Exante? :)

I have set out mini-goals, they're 7 lb intervals. I might aldso do a flower diagram - maybe for each LB lost and put it on my wall! Quite cheesy though :D
(example here: http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-off-topic/302237-weight-loss-tracking-flowers.html )

Day 48.

Just plodding along really, studying... What's annoying me at the moment is the fat distribution of my body! I seem to have lost weight off the place I least want to lose it off - by bosom! Mother nature is a lovely lady for sure. :rolleyes:
Oh well, back in go the gel-inserts. Being a B cup (even at the fattest mind you!) sucks - and I know at my slimmest I was flat as a board (no need for a bra even...). I remember this being an issue when I lost all my weight, I felt like a boy, completely not feminine at all, which I lost a lot of confidence over... But... maybe because I'm prepared for it now, it'll be less of a shock? Let's hope. :) I won't go that low in weight anyway, I don't want to be below 8 stone! 10 stone will be fine this time - having been fat pretty much all my life, being thin and feeling bones everywhere is way too freaky, painful and alien.. I need to keep some padding! :) Just within a normal BMI.

Oh Minerva.

My friends have a similar shape to you by the sounds of it. I'm the opposite with a GG cup and that is no picnic!! When you have a large chest you can never hide it and I hate it when at work men talk to them not me! At least you have the option to use gel boosts as minimiser bras have little effect.

I do agree that it is unfair that when you lose weight you lose it there as I seem to never lose it from my bust but if I put weight on it one of the first places that increases. That is my fear of yoyo dieting.

What are our bodies like! Why don't they listen to what we want?

Hi Suzie :) I'm doing ok thank you.. How about you? Finding LL ok still? Did you find any nice recipes?

Day 51 (?) - I think. Started on 1st Jan - so must be! :D 100% all the way with exception of a meal out last Thursday (14th!) - I'd say that's still pretty good, the longest dieting attempt for quite a while :) Wi tomorrow morning... Eep.

4 stone still to go though... Losing weight soooo slowly... 2lb per week if I'm lucky even at my BMI! At my age (26)! ARGH. I remember when I did LL in 2008 - I was losing weight at the same rate as a lady who was about 60. Maybe it's my genetics? North European - maybe there's something to be said about retaining fat in the winter months when there's no food around...

I know technically I would lose similar amounts if I calorie counted and ate a bit more. I do find that when I'm on the VLCD - if I have an 'up' day (i.e. eat much more) - I'd still lose 2lb. Unfortunately January 2012 I re-started LL when I wasn't mentally ready - and I did 6 "pack" days and had 1 binge day (nothing excessive, but still) - and still lost weight. People lose weight doing the 5:2 approach, or JuDDDing or whatever else... Everything works.

In a way, maybe the VLCD isn't right for me, but it's the only diet I've ever actually done (past simple calorie counting - which became an obsessive compulsive exercise...). Ohh I don't know. :(

Today I'm hungry :( I blame the half bottle of champagne on Sunday - I know!! You have been so good I've had 4 off plan days. Well tbh off plan might be wording it too strongly as they were days I had extras.

I have started to track my lighter life packs and my daily meal in My Fitness Pal and OMG I can see how easy it can be to become OCD about it! I have had my first bar (in weeks) today for lunch as I needed to eat something but until then I had been avoided them as I could see the extra calories they contained. It has helped me bring the calorie content of my meals down.

Im hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow night as I know I was retaining water last week so it will be great if I can lose than my usual 2lb loss. I know we can get these loses with WW but I'm finding this easier to stick to. Not having to think about food really helps and I am finding having no carbs means I have stopped craving junk food.

Keep going, you are doing great!

Err... Day 54.

I guess I should write something :p Diet's fine, plodding along.

I looked over some old weight-loss pictures, I guess I may as well add them here, maybe it'll inspire me!!

Original weight loss in 2008, final picture taken mid-2009. Sizes 22-18-16-12-06/08. As you can see I'm lacking any kind of cleavage - DAMN THOSE GENETICS!! :p

_Comparison22-18-16-12-08_zpsb311b79e.jpg

---------

I braved the camera today - it made me realise I'm MUCH FATTER THAN I THOUGHT. :sigh: Oh well at least I'm facing the truth!! Size 18 at the moment. Still - on the BRIGHT SIDE - my size 18 dresses I bought last year fit now, some of them still have price tags on because they didn't quite fit at the time! ... A small achievement, I guess I have to take them where I find them...

Feb23201302_zpsf088ff72.jpg

Part of me is also wondering why we share such intimate things about ourselves on these diaries... These pictures show us on the worst days of our lives sometimes!! ... Well, I hope to add to these pictures with time and see changes!! ...now that I've shared...

... *hides in her bat-cave*

Your doing brilliantly, no need to hide in the bat cave. In a few months you'll be throwing those 18s aside as they'll be too big. You've been in it for the long haul since the beginning. Now that determination is showing. It's always nice to fit into something that was once tight regardless of the size on the label. Well done xxx

Wishing you all the luck in the world along your journey, I know you'll do it. You did it before, you can do it again :)

Try not to worry too much about your OH - if I told you half of the stuff my hubby has been up to (not unfaithful, I don't think, but still!!), you'd think your OH was a saint! Men, they just don't think. It's most probably something and nothing.
But I know how you feel - it's not nice at all.

:bighug:

Ps. WOW to your pics! That's an amazing achievement! :)

Wow Minerva - amazing pics !! You can and you ARE getting back ! You look beautiful xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ladies - you're all so very kind!! :hug99:

I know I'll get there again, the fact that I've done it before makes it real and achievable I guess. :)

And Curvy, you need to get some new glasses or something :p there is no one on earth that would call my blob-of-self beautiful!!

--

I'll try to take a picture every stone I drop, so next one at 13st, just so I can compare. o_O

Thanks ladies - you're all so very kind!! :hug99:

I know I'll get there again, the fact that I've done it before makes it real and achievable I guess. :)

And Curvy, you need to get some new glasses or something :p there is no one on earth that would call my blob-of-self beautiful!!

--

I'll try to take a picture every stone I drop, so next one at 13st, just so I can compare. o_O

Sorry but I agree with Curvy, you ARE beautiful!! :) xxx

Lol - my eyes are fine !!! You are beautiful xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*eye twitches* raaarrrggghhhhh.... *note to self - don't argue with people, especially when NOT trying to fish for compliments*
I hate compliments! :p

So. Moving on!! I'm realising sitting on this forum is way too addictive o_O especially when I'm avoiding this studying that I reaaaaallllllyyyyyy have had up to here *gestures way above her head*. Just want it over now and get on with it! I'd rather be working!

As dull as my job as a charity shop manager was (well not boring - but very repetitive), it was better than this! I could just go in and then go home and forget about it for a bit... with this.. it just hangs over me all the time ... and now I can't fall asleep at all with all the stress and worrying about exams, which leads to bad/lack of sleep - which in turn makes me a zombie the next day and unable to study properly ... stuff I don't even want to study anymore... arghhhh.

Oh well. Just another .. 2 months to go, then a month of exams... wait, why did I just say that? *stress levels and eye twitch increasing* ... :argh:

*eye twitches* raaarrrggghhhhh.... *note to self - don't argue with people, especially when NOT trying to fish for compliments*
I hate compliments! :p

So. Moving on!! I'm realising sitting on this forum is way too addictive o_O especially when I'm avoiding this studying that I reaaaaallllllyyyyyy have had up to here *gestures way above her head*. Just want it over now and get on with it! I'd rather be working!

As dull as my job as a charity shop manager was (well not boring - but very repetitive), it was better than this! I could just go in and then go home and forget about it for a bit... with this.. it just hangs over me all the time ... and now I can't fall asleep at all with all the stress and worrying about exams, which leads to bad/lack of sleep - which in turn makes me a zombie the next day and unable to study properly ... stuff I don't even want to study anymore... arghhhh.

Oh well. Just another .. 2 months to go, then a month of exams... wait, why did I just say that? *stress levels and eye twitch increasing* ... :argh:

It is very addictive! It's keeping me away from the fridge, so that's a good thing!

Aww, don't envy you! Still, just think, in 3 months it will all be over. Sounds like a long time, but it will fly by.
I remember the feeling only too well when I was doing a diploma a couple of years ago - and that was just one subject, how many are you doing?
Try drinking Valerian tea, and spraying your room and pillow with lavender, they work a treat when used together!
xxx

It is very addictive! It's keeping me away from the fridge, so that's a good thing!

Aww, don't envy you! Still, just think, in 3 months it will all be over. Sounds like a long time, but it will fly by.
I remember the feeling only too well when I was doing a diploma a couple of years ago - and that was just one subject, how many are you doing?
Try drinking Valerian tea, and spraying your room and pillow with lavender, they work a treat when used together!
xxx

At least I have nothing in the fridge to even look for... so that's a bonus! Plus, after doing LL the first time in 2008, my OH and I had gotten out of habit of snacking (so we never reintroduced any kind of snack cupboard - except a fruit bowl!)... we've also tried to stick to 3 meals per day and no snacks in-between. :) So the boredom snacking issue isn't so much a problem for me to be honest, just the plain dull and persisting hunger from this diet :p No, it doesn't go away in some people, I've just learned to ignore it!

What subject did you do your diploma in? :)

I'm a bit of a degree fiend, I'm on my third... I made the awful mistake and went for a graduate diploma in Law. The subject is interesting and fairly straight forward - my main concern is the large amount of disconnected information (names of cases) and the written exam purely from memory alone! I'm AWFUL at memorisation - I wish I knew this before I took it on!!

I think my next degree will be something more fun, Fine Art maybe - as I'm fairly good at drawing... or maybe I'll go with a PhD in Criminology as I REALLY enjoy academia, theoretical research and reading stuff, making my own observations ... etc. :) But not for a few years - I think PhD when I have a baby - so that I have something to do when I'm a stay at home mum!!

For now I have to finish this one - and try to find a job. Quite hard when I have ZERO confidence and fairly limited paid work experience (though I do have a lot of volunteer experience in offices/shops etc... doesn't seem to be enough)! :(

Last edited:
I don't think the hunger is going to go for me either, arrghhh!

In Fine Art - That's what I do for a living - paint, draw, exhibit, etc. :) Doesn't pay the bills tho (as yet!), so I also work part time for hubby doing all his paperwork (hate it!).

Blimey, how many degree's! That's brilliant tho, well done you! If you enjoy drawing, etc., am sure you'll enjoy that next :D

I'm going to do Art History next, after I've finished writing my second novel. It's fitting everything in, because looking after a baby is not as easy as I thought it would be, lol!!

Awww, I know what you mean re confidence - I HATE interviews to start with! Fingers crossed you find something - with your qualifications, and obvious intelligence, you should do! :)

xxx

Minerva - OMG that is amazing how many degrees does a girl need!! Goood for you!! - Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight... Just think only a few more months!xxx (hugs)

Back