Mini Diary.... 12 pounds to go!

Interesting observation....

because I have commited myself mentally to a perfect week (admitedly I am only about 18 hours into the perfect week lol) I am starting to see just how much picking I do. I always thought I just picked a tiny bit and it couldn't matter.

I think its great I have noticed this but I'm wondering how it took me so long!

So far today I WOULD have eaten a teaspoon of cheerios, one bite of banana, one bite of a slice of toast, half a fish finger, one bite of a breadstick and one raisin.

Basically I have one bite of everything before I pass it to my 2 year old, I'm like her royal taster rofl!

I reckon my little list probably adds up to a whole foodpack, and the day isn't over yet! theres potatos to dish up, and probably another piece of fruit and maybe toast before bedtime (Hannah eats plenty lol)

Makes me realise how much it could add up. To be fair 4 days a week usually I am work and the picking would be less those days, but I reckon it would still be around half of my list, so assuming I consume the equivalent of an extra foodpack a day 3 days a week and half of one 4 days a week thats an extra 5 packs in a week, which is more than a whole days eating!

and on top of that I have knowingly cheated and eaten more as well!

Its no wonder I'm not in management yet!

Mags
xxxx

Well, I've made it through the day!!!

I've just finished my 4 litres of water, I have half a food pack left already made (hot choc) which I am about to take upstairs to bed, and the only other stuff to pass my lips today were 2 teaspoons of marigold (I can't manage without it, although I know it could delay ketosis a little) and a few cups of peppermint tea!:D

Roll on ketosis so I can have my water flavourings though, its tough without them.

Its only 2115, but I'm off to bed anyway. I am going to watch a dvd, and I think I am getting the cold Hannah has been suffering from lately:(

Well in about an hour and a half I will have achieved a fully perfect vlcd 24 hrs!

Lets hope I can pull off a perfect tomorrow as well! then a perfect Sunday and a perfect Monday..... then I'll get weighed and hopefully have lost my 2 pound gain and if I'm really lucky maybe more. Just hoping for the 2 I put on to be gone though anything else is a bonus!

Night Night all, be strong

Mags
xxx

Well done for not picking when it would have been tempting to do so !

Sounds like you are really looking after yourself today, and an early night with a DVD is good and nurturing and calorie free :D

I am off on hols in the morning, swimming cossie packed :) I will be strong too and really hope you have your perfect week.

You can do it :superwoman:

:wavey: Bye for now !
Melissa x

Well so far so good.... in a manner of speaking! I am approx 39 hours into my perfect week. I am now feeling ill presumably I have Hannahs cold so its all a bit yucky. I am very behind on my water today but I've only had one food pack so doing ok really. I did lick my finger earlier when I had a bit of Hannah's mars bar on it but it wasn't a conscious decision so I'm not giving myself a row!

Trying to get some water down me as I type but I am struggling a my throat is a bit sore. I'm going to try and drink half a litre and then reward myself with a nice peppermint tea!

I may cave in and use the water flavourings which I was going to stay off until I know I am back in ketosis, but its so hard to drink plain water. Its quite comforting to have a cup of nice hot water with the flavourings in, but I don't like hot water on its own.

I have ketostix so next time I need to pee maybe I'll use one just to see....

anyway, apart from one finger lick incident (which I am ignoring) the perfect week is still on! Slightly miffed though at my cold as historically it means I hold my water but I need to remember even if it doesn't show on the scales on Monday, the fat will still be gone and its only water showing!

well enough rambling for the time being bye for now!

Mags
xxx

ooooh I'm so excited!

Just pee'd on a stick (sorry for the visual) and I'm in ketosis, so it only took a day and a half or so!

Going to make the rest of the day sooooo much easier now I can have the water flavourings! Going to have a hot mug of fruits of the forest right now!

I'm so excited and determined.... a perfect week! I only need to do 2 more days before I get a weigh in and a little extra support from my LLC, so just focussing on the couple of days rather than the whole week. In actual fact for now I am really just focussing on thhe next few hours!

I've had 2 food packs but only 1 litre water, I am going to alternate a cup of cold plain water and then a nice cup of hot flavoured and I should get through it!

Mags
xxx

Note to self.....

I do not need to taste Hannah's food tonight, I know its a yummy pasta that I love but still. I am not her royal taster and I do not need to try it for her first. I can shove a (clean obviously) finger in to see if her food is too hot.

I am approximately 41 hours into my perfect week, already in ketosis and not going to blow it.

REPEAT I AM NOT GOING TO BLOW IT!

perfect week perfect week perfect week perfect week......

24x7= 168 hours of perfection.... 41 down 127 to go!

mags
xxx

I made it through Hannah's dinner lol!!

I froze 5 portions, immediately gave the dog the left overs when Hannah was finished and filled the pan with soapy water so I couldn't even have a scrape with the spoon to lick rofl, yes that IS the sort of thing I would normally do!

I bought myself a new exercise machine today, one of those mini steppers with lateral movement, anyway I am feeling to ill to try it out tonight, a couple of times today I actually felt sick so I'm not going to push myself to do anything tonight. I

I've managed my 2 litres of plain water, and have 3/4 of a litre to go of flavoured which will be easy. Also have 2 food packs, and seeing as I know ketosis is here the menu tonight is as follows... lol.... a double sized soup, made with a soup pack and some marigold. Followed by a shake with mix-a-mousse. Flavours to be decided!

Well I'm off to have my feast I know I won't cheat now at this time of night and 2 food packs left so I am upping my little coundown and saying I have done 48 hours!!

168 hours of perfection... 48 done... 120 to go...28% of the week rofl!

can you tell I like numbers?

Mags
xxx

Well its 0930, and I am ignoring the lost hour with the clocks changing in my little countdown it would just complicate it.

So far so good, one cup of plain water drank (250ml) another on its way and just deciding on my breakfast foodpack.

Feeling rubbish with my cold, but my scales showed a pound down this morning so hopefully I will still be back to 12 to go (or less) by Monday, and hopefully another pound or 2 off by thursday. I really hope I move forward this week, but I know my cold may hinder it, but then it'll come off the week after instead!

58.5 hours into perfect week 109.5 hrs to go 35% of the week gone!

Mags
xx

Hi Mags,

Just catching up on your diary and you really have done well!!!

Only 12 pounds to go:eek: Lucky you:D

How are you finding your new mini stepper:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini! I've not been on the stepper yet as I'm feeling ill, but hopefully within a day or 2 I'll feel better again and have a go! I already have an eliptical machine, but I thought variety may inspire me to do more and also it will target different muscles.

Mags
xxx

Hey Mags, just read through your mini-diary. Just wanted to cheer you on, and tell you that I am rooting for you. Stay Strong. Angela x

Today my 2 yr old is driving me mad. She was so naughty this morning (which isn't really like her) and she kept acting tired so I put her to bed. She's now rummaging around up there sounds like she is re-arranging the furniture and hosting a party rofl. She wouldn't normally nap for at least another hour but she IS tired I know she is.

It maybe partly my fault as I kept her up a little later the past couple of nights, hoping the hour change won't affect her for Monday morning when I need her to get up and be smiley!

I am probably just noticing it more as well because I'm not feeling great. I'm not too ill but certainly not 100% either.

Oh well, my perfect week hours are certainly ticking by. I'm going to have my 2nd foodpack today and I have so far had 1 litre of plain water and 1/4 litre flavoured. I always try to get ahead with the plain as its harder to drink.

oh well bye for now!

61 hours down! 107 to go.... 36.3% yes I know I'm mad but for some reason its helping! only 7 hours to go and then less than 100 for a perfect week. I can last 107 hours.....its not like I am starving!

Mags
xxx

Thanks Angela! All cheering greatly appreciated!

It means a lot to have people on my side!

Mags
xxx

Because I am feeling strong I am trying to get even further ahead with frozen meals for Hannah. If I am only having to take a portion out the freezer it really helps during a weak moment. I am cooking a sort of sausage casserole effort at the mo...... and I won't be tasting it!

I don't like to give Hannah too much junk, I like to cook as much as poss myself. Sausages aren't that healthy really, but Hannah loves them at least this wat they are cooked with potato, peas, onions and possibly some tomatoes I've not decided yet! so she is getting her veg anyway! Used to put carrot in but she has started spitting carrot out.

We are lucky with her though as there isn't much she won't eat!

Anyway, send strong vibes incase I waiver!

63.5 hrs done, 104.5 to go! 38% of the week rofl

mags
xxx

Hi Mags,

Sorry your not feeling 100% in yourself but we are all entitled to our off days:)

How is the toning up going anyways:confused: You have some nice equipment there!

I had a lend of an exercise bike from my friend but it was much harder to use than those down in the gym, did it most days for five minutes.

Figure though I would be better off down in the gym as they do have good equipment there and husband is thinking about joining as well which would be great company for me and give us something to do together.

I got a little thigh exerciser for a less than a tenner and it is easy to use and I do feel it working:)

Loving your Mini Diary:D

we are all here routing for you:D :clap:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the support Mini and Mandy!

I am still feeling a bit yuck, but its only a cold, not man-flu rofl!

With my hubby being away for 4 wks at a time my only option really is to do stuff at home. I do find it hard as by the time Hannah is bedded and I have everything ready for the next day its easily 8pm before I can head upstairs and jump on my machines! and on a work day having been up since 6am its tiring and thats without talking about fitting in the hoovering (or anytime soon the grasscutting!) However those are just excuses. I try to get on and do some exercise for a half hour at least a few times a week, some weeks I do loads other weeks very little it just depends how it works out. I've not noticed any 'toned up' difference but there is still a layer of fat hiding it perhaps lol. However the first time I used the eliptical strider when I was bigger I could only manage 10 mins and I couldn't walk after. I didn't use it for ages and the first time I used it since I lost lots I was able to stay on over 20 mins. Now I do 30 mins but physically I am capable of more, its just I only have time for 30 mins!

So theres certainly a difference in my cardiovascular endurance!

Mags
xxx

Sigh... why do we do it to ourselves?

I messed up.... it started with a throat lozenge (my cold took turn for worse) then some cough mixture, then it obviously took me out of ketosis and I was hungry... I'm not going to tell you what I ate....

Anyway, my drop in tonight I have stayed the same.

I'm going to take Pandora's idea and add a new ticker, one for just the weight thats left... the last stone... and I'm going to keep trying.

I'm going to count 'hours of perfection' and see how far I can get this time!

hours of perfection so far....0 rofl.

Oh well, I'm only beaten if I give up and I'm not!

mags
xxx

hours of perfection....24

hours to next weigh in.... 44....

Mags
xxx

hours of perfection.... 40

hours to next weigh in.... 28

My scales this morning showed me 2 down, I'm hoping its right as that'll be me back to 12 to lose. Really hoping (probably too optimistically)to be down 3 tomorrow so I can have less than 12 but I know its unlikely given my behaviour.

Anyhoo... spent a while with a friend this morning who I haven't seen in a while! She says I look amazing with my weight loss and new haircut!

Sadly she has told me about another LL attendee I knew, she had lost 6 stone or something (loads anyway) and she stopped lighterlife a stone away from her target, she thought she didn't need management and has put on another stone now. So sad for her she is lovely and its such hard work as we all know to get it moving again.

Management actually is the only reason I've stuck it out, in my heart I KNOW I need management and I know I can't have it until I am at a weight I am comfortable with. If it wasn't holding out for management I'd have given up long ago!

My ketostix showed a very faint pink tinge so I'm pretty much there already!

going to try and stick to plain water until the end of the day though.

Funny story.... for work I don't need to buy clothes just order them through our stores. Our jumpers are unisex so the sizes seem strange but anyway I ordered the smallest jumper as mine are too big, xxs. Lo and behold a couple of weeks down the line my jumper arrives, complete with my name embroidered on it.....in a size XXXL rofl! Even at my largest I could never have filled it. What a waste of their money (thankfully not mine). My first reaction was panic, thinking it was my mistake, but thankfully it wasn't!

So I'll need to wait another couple weeks for a jumper that fits. I would say by then I'll not need a jumper, but on this diet I expect I will still need it!

well, off for a soup pack and a cuppa, then off to get my BP checked (for LL) at the nurse.

Mags
xxx

Back