MINI GOAL: One weeks Physical Activity

Hi Girls

Crunches done and squats, I seem to be doing them later and later in the day.

Am seriously considering joining a gym:eek: I don't really like them, all those bloody mirrors!!!!!! I don't like looking at myself in them, then I find I look around, then worry that someone thinks I'm staring at them, then end up staring at my feet or hands and tripping up or even worse falling off the apparatus:rolleyes:

But am thinking that if I pay out for the membership, I'll definately go, the thought of wasting money will give me the incentive;)

Hope everyone is ok tonight:)

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey, not done mine yet --- shameful :( Didn't do them yesterday either so that weren't any good either. I know I'm making excuses but work is just too manic at the moment - will try and get some done tonight though.

I am one of those bad people who's paying for the gym and not using it - would love to get back into it though as I really enjoy it when I'm there --- think I'll psych myself into going next week.

I do think you should go for it though :)

Hi Tracey, not done mine yet --- shameful :( Didn't do them yesterday either so that weren't any good either. I know I'm making excuses but work is just too manic at the moment - will try and get some done tonight though.

I'm not quite as motivated either:( Why does this happen:confused: I get all geed up and then after a couple of days it seems like a chore. It's hard when you have to jiggle work and family etc. When you do get a bit of free time, it's lovely just to relax.

I am one of those bad people who's paying for the gym and not using it - would love to get back into it though as I really enjoy it when I'm there --- think I'll psych myself into going next week.

I do think you should go for it though :)

Yes you know what I think I'll go tomorrow and join up, I was a member before I had my last child (she's 5), I lost a lot of weight then, I followed my own diet plan and went to the pool/gym 5 times a week, I was about a stone from goal and my body decided I was healthy enough fo baby no. 4:rolleyes:

This time it dosent matter what body thinks, coil says Nooooooo;)

If I can rejoin, you can go too:D I hate to feel I'm doing things alone;)

Tracey
x

hi there.
I'm joining too. Personnaly I have a yoga ball and never used it ever. Anyway, I will from today, and 20 crunches is not the end of the world is it.
OK....
I'm done.

Next week, I am going to add 40 more - 20 on each side, so thats 20 normal onces, and 20 side crunched on each side.

In case anyone is not sure about side crunches - instead of laying with your bent knees pointing up, you lay them to the side. You do the crung the same way - chin up, find a focal point, raise yourself with your abs, not neck. If you prefer you can pull yourself up and towards the driection the knees are laying - whichever is comforatble. that works the side of your abs - where your waist curves in.

Baby steps. :)

Next week, I am going to add 40 more - 20 on each side, so thats 20 normal onces, and 20 side crunched on each side.

In case anyone is not sure about side crunches - instead of laying with your bent knees pointing up, you lay them to the side. You do the crung the same way - chin up, find a focal point, raise yourself with your abs, not neck. If you prefer you can pull yourself up and towards the driection the knees are laying - whichever is comforatble. that works the side of your abs - where your waist curves in.

Baby steps. :)

Hi BL

I'll follow suit and do the side crunches too, thanks for explaining them:) I had a little go this morning and felt a bit awkward, but will keep practising to perfect.

Crunches and lunges done for the day:D

I phoned the gym this morning and booked for an induction, the equipment is bound to be new since I last went about 6 years ago, so thought an induction would be a good idea, I'm also going to ask about exercises to target certain areas. Although I am at a weight I'm happy with, I still have a roll above my waist, under my boobs.

Looking forward to going. Thanks girls for making me think more about exercise and take some positive steps, I'm very grateful:):)

Tracey
x

Good on you Tracey for going ahead with it - you'll soon be glad you did when you see the difference it will make to your shape :)

Tracey, you are more then welcome. It does make me giggle though, because anyone that knows me would laugh that I have inspired someone to be more active!! Becuase I have become the Queen Slug!!! First, I am not a big fan of exercise....I am sure that will change when it hurts less. And second, havign 2 bad knees I have gotten much more sedentary in the last 2 years then ever before, just these mere 20 crunches feels like climbing a mountain to me!! Thats so pitiful innit!! :D Anywya, lol - I hope I can inspire myself as much!!! :D Gotta start somewhere I say!!

Good on you for getting in to it!! I am so glad I could help!

:D xx

I am still waiting for it to get easier to get off the floor!! LOL

Well I've cheated in the way that I'm doing loads of mine today but overall I will have done the 140 over the week.

When I start again tomorrow I'm going up to 30 a day so will be doing 210 next week. Am also planning to go back to the gym as from Tuesday evening - going to go to aqua aerobics on Tuesday and then Pilates on Wednesday .... then have Thursday off and do a gym session on Friday evening ........ I will find the stomach that must be hiding in there somewhere!

Done. That's the first mini goal smashed. lol - not that it was a tough one, but hey, I actually MADE a goal!!! :D Chuffed with that.

Adding 40 more, as said. 3 sets on 20, both sides and normal crunched.

Who know, next week I might even go for a swim!

off to change my ticker. :)

Well done everyone!!!! We did it!!!

XX

Done them!!!

Just done my last 25 so I'm made up that I've at least done what I set out to do - got to say that they do feel to be getting a little easier and of a better quality so that's give me even more motivation for this week.

I haven't been posting for a couple of days, but I have been doing my crunches:D

Lol I don't like those side ones, they hurt:cry: So have only been doing 5 on each side, leg lunges are going well though and I swear my legs feel firmer:cool:

Going for induction tomorrow at the gym, god I hope they aren't all lycra clad baywatch lookalikies:sigh:

Well done girls fo achieving your exercise goals:happy096:

Here's to another great week:D

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey, was wondering where you were hiding - glad you're back and even happier to hear you've been doing the crunches.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow, am sure you will - and no don't worry they won't look like baywatch babes!!!! You'll probably find that most are bigger than you.

Well I've been doing my crunches but it's not half hurting at the bottom of my tummy, really pulling especially on the left hand side - am def sticking with them though, not giving up!

Hi Katie:)

Hi Tracey, was wondering where you were
hiding - glad you're back and even happier to hear you've been doing the crunches.

It's half term week here and I've been having a ball. My lovely dad has had the kids for a couple of nights and my hubby and I have been enjoying some rare time together (he works away a lot) Last night we went for a lovely meal then to the cinema and watched Sweeney Todd, it was a great film, well worth a watch if you haven't seen it, especially if you like musicals.

Children all came home this morning as it's my youngest's birthday, and good news is hubby dosent have to go back to Manchester until next Monday:D

Hope you enjoy tomorrow, am sure you will - and no don't worry they won't look like baywatch babes!!!! You'll probably find that most are bigger than you.

Lol some maybe bigger, but I bet they're younger, fitter and less saggy;)

I'm looking forward to it a little:rolleyes: Hopefully I'll do enough to work up a heat so that the mirrors steam up and I can't see myself wobbling about:p

Well I've been doing my crunches but it's not half hurting at the bottom of my tummy, really pulling especially on the left hand side - am def sticking with them though, not giving up!

They do hurt don't they. I thought it would start to get easier!

Glad to hear you're not giving up though:):)

Tracey
x

Sounds like you've been having a great time - good for you. My hubby has been on afternoons for 2 weeks so hardly seen him, got a night out planned for Saturday at the cinema though watching the new one with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman as I like the look of that.

Honest at the gym you'll be surprised, there are a lot of old people at my gym, they run quite a few 'young at heart' classes in different activities for them and during the day especially the people there tend to be on the older side - you might just feel a bit of a youngster!

Don't forget your headband and legwarmers LOL
x

Back