Minimins Steppers League Table. RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been for a walk and I have done 8868 steps so far today and 7805 are aerobic steps:)

Been for a walk and I have done 8868 steps so far today and 7805 are aerobic steps:)

Wow - well done Mini - that was a good walk :)

Thanks guys,

The weather is lovely even though it rained while I was out and my hair did a Monica in the April shower:)

Really want to get fit!!! The pedometer is showing me how little walking I have been doing.

My goal is to get it up to fifteen thousand steps at least four days a week. Ambitious:p

Did not take my dog with me as she is too slow and wants to smell everything, so I will take her out for a smaller walk this evening, that is if my legs have recovered.

Love Mini xxx

You'll be showing us all up Mini :p

Crikey Mini.... how's the legs now? Any idea how what distance you covered? Just curious? Sounds like 3 to 4 mile at the least?

The weather is lovely even though it rained while I was out and my hair did a Monica in the April shower:)

Rofl.......we want to see pics......lol.

My goal is to get it up to fifteen thousand steps at least four days a week. Ambitious:p

Is there a recommended amount of steps we should be doing ......roughly. ??????

Love Mini xxx

Well looks like I wont ever be superwoman then.....rofl.

Ideally you're supposed to do around 10,000 per day which will keep you fit. But I think that wearing a pedometer not only makes you aware of what you're doing it pushes you to keep that up and/or do more.

Every little helps :)

Right guys, I bought a double pack of pedometers from e-bay, only cheapies but they are supposed to carry on recording the number of steps after you start walking again.....mine has not been doing this today, Sam`s has been resetting itself so we are not getting a true reading.

What I would like from all you pro`s....lol.....is recommendations for pedometers that you have found to do what they are supposed too.

Hiya

The best ones are by Omron, I got mine through joining Fitbug and Dizzy and a few others got there's through Ebay. If you scroll back a few pages you should find a link that was posted.

They do work very well and are very accurate, I've had cheaper ones in the past that didn't work very well, one of them you only had to move slightly, hiccup or cough and you added on about 20 steps, trouble was I thought I was doing loads of steps each day but wasn't in reality!

Best of luck getting one - I know Boots sell some good ones too, may find an Omron one there.

x

Hi Sonkie

Pierce started a sticky thread in Fitness with the recommended pedometers.

They are good and hopefully with last well and so be worth the extra dosh.

Anymore steps for yesterday anyone?

PM me them if you can.

Dizzy x

Here is the link for the Post Pierce has done on them.

Miniminor has the blue one and it came with both a string with clasp and a belt clip which I now use on my bra. Where as mine only came with the string with plastic clasp.

I think these Omoron pedometers are very good.

http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/11652-get-your-pedometer-minimins-steppers-league.html

I see Weight Watchers are doing their own one is £12.95 and it also measures your daily steps, distance and activity Points values earned.

Thanks mini........oooo they are nice. Clipped to your bra, I thought they had to be on your waist line, a belt or waist band....??

I've got a fitbug and it works clipped anywhere: waist, bra, pocket, shoulderbag while out, even clipped to your sock or trainer. It came with a neck thing to hang it on too, but I've not used that cos I wear 2 necklaces and am scared of getting them tangled. It costs more than the other omron ones, but uploads to the website and you can input food intake for calorie/fat/carb/protein counts too. Plus back-up from their experts and insurance so they just replace your fitbug if it breaks or gets lost. It's cheaper than WW or SW anyway.
The other omron ones are good too, but won't upload.
Hope you find you what you want?

The beauty with Omron is that it is so accurate - even registers if you carry it in your bag.

Well done Mini - brilliant stepping - Very impressed

15,000 steps - yeah i woudl like to get there as well - my PB is 17,000 - but I'm nowhere near that target anymore.

Need to build up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back