Minimise-me's Goodbye Fatty Diary!

minimise-me

OOoh here goes! My first diary here on Minimins...and although i started to change my life on monday this is the beginning. The beginning of me saying goodbye to being a fatty!

So far this week i have done well, really well actually and i sort of feel like giving myself a pat on the back ;).
I have managed to be really good with food, drank alot more and have exercised 3 times!! Plus i have done 3 very long 12hr nursing shifts!

I caught my reflection today at work in my uniform...my oh my! I think it sort of clicked how big i have got to be honest. I have been creeping towards a size 20 for a few months now, and i hate it! So i have these little challenges or goals that i have set myself to keep me going.

• My first goal is to fit into the dress i bought that is just a bit too tight once it is on!
  • Then i want to fit into my jeans that are a size 16 and my favourite pair at the mo...except i haven't fitted into them since last May!!!
  • Then i want them to hang off me!
  • But one thing i really would like is to have to buy a new uniform because mine is far too big!!
They are kinda long term goals but i am sure i will dream up some short term ones soon! I am going to weigh myself officially on sunday morning and record my loss on here. Then i am going to take some measurements too and i can record any inch loss! All i need to do is keep going!

Hi :)

You pat away, you deserve it :D The first week is always the hardest I find, then once you see your first loss it spurs you on and it gets a bit easier from there.

Good luck on your journey to a smaller you! xx

Aw thanks MaisyMoodle!

Well yesterday i had a blow out! I had invited my mum over to watch a dvd, so i cooked a creamy curry for us and we had malteasers and butterkist popcorn!! But i did fail to mention in my last post that i would be having saturday night off as a treat night. I was good because i was up at 7:30 am doing Zumba in my living room so hopefully that counteracted the calories i consumed a little bit!

Anyway Sunday is weight in day for me...3.5lbs down!!! :D

I have worked pretty hard this week, but i think my shear determination has kept me going. I think i will find the next two weeks a bit more of a challenge as i am at home and have an essay to write...this usually includes me raiding the cupboards for chocolate biscuits as soon as i get stuck!
But i am going to continue with Zumba @ Home everyday because i am just doing the 20min routine at the moment. And its fairly sunny here today so i might pop my little boy in his buggy and do the 4k walk in the park (its supposed to be a park run).

Whilst i am happy with my 3.5lb loss i am impatient at the best of times and i am sort of repeating the mantra in my head that its taken me 10 years to ruin my body to this state and its going to take a bit of time to restore it to something i am happy with!

Well on to week 2...

That's brilliant, well done you :D

I'm like you, I get very impatient and want the weigh off now but then I tell myself it didn't appear overnight so it's not going to disappear in the same way either :rolleyes:

It does us good to have a treat/night off every now and again. I had a Galaxy on Friday night - my first chocolate for nearly a month :eek: - and oh my, did I enjoy it!

Well done Minimise-me!!!..that's a brilliant weight loss!
Fair play to you for doing so much exercise too, I'm going to start building it in to my routing this week and I'm actually looking forward to it (we'll see how long that lasts!).
I've picked Friday as my weigh-in day and I am also going to have a treat night. I think if you cook your own curry (even if it's creamy), it's still much healthier than if you get it in the takeaway.
Enjoy your walk, it's a lovely day!

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading my diary!

Ugh! Today is as i thought it would be! I am feeling very tired after a bit of a late night last night. Yesterday i didn't get to go for my walk and nor did i have chance to do any Zumba so i feel a bit of a failure :sigh: I was ok ish with my food, but i know i could of put more effort in.
Today i have had a cooked breakfast consisting of grilled bacon, scrambled eggs, a slice of seeded toast, some fried mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. I know i shouldn't of fried them but it was in light olive oil so i guess it could of been worse! I was thinking that if i had a decent breakfast it would last me until lunchtime, but then i felt like i needed something sweet so i had a chocolate biscuit!
Then i was just feeling soooo tired and i have loads of work to do that i shoved 2 toffee pop biscuits in my mouth!
Now i feel very disappointed with myself! :(

I said that being at home would be a challenge and i think if i don't get my act together it could be devastating! I have made my own wallpaper on my pc which has two virtual model pictures on...me fat and me 48lbs lighter! I know that if i can lose 3lbs a week i can do this in 16 weeks, i just have to give myself an almighty kick up the bum for the next 2 weeks whilst i am at home!

Think i will have a look at some before and after pics on here, they always help me along!

Don't beat yourself up, it's done now, put it behind you and carry on with the rest of the day :) (whatever you do, don't think "oh sod it, I've blown it today" and carry on scoffing!)

I work from home, so I really sympathise with how challenging it can be. I work from the kitchen too, so the (as it's known in this house!) Crap Cupboard is literally an arms stretch away :rolleyes: I make sure I've always got fruit in so I've got something to nibble on (grapes are good, you can just pick at them without any effort involved, like a banana or orange that you have to peel) and occasionally if nothing but a biscuit will do then I have one. Just the one though ;)

Hey, don't worry about it..in the grand scheme of things, those biscuits won't matter. You can forget about them now and concentrate on becoming the virtual supermodel!. I like the sound of that wallpaper.
I was off work today so I started to do a clear-up. I was going through summer clothes and my God-I remember feeling really awful in them last year. I had to buy a swim-suit last year with a control panel in it, it was horrible. I was half-thinking of hanging it in the kitchen..that might stop me snacking!
Do you like Cadbury Highlights?. I was reading 'Cook yourself thin' and they recommend three healthy cooked meals a day and two healthy snacks. One of the snacks that I like is a Cadburys Highlight and a plain biscuit. I got a whole pineapple in the reduced section in Tescos earlier and cut it in to huge chunks..really nice and sweet. Or what about low-fat hummus and carrot sticks beside your computer to stave the hunger until lunchtime?
Chin up!..bet you'll be grand on the scales this week!

Well done on starting I found it the hardest just deciding that I want to change really hard, I've been healthy eating now for 4 and half weeks and lost 10 lbs. I need to keep telling myself I can do it

Thanks for all the little tips!!! I will put some into practice !

Well i think i sort of managed to pull myself back into the swing of things again. To be honest my diet today has been naff, but i am very very proud of myself for not getting anything from the take away and sitting and watching my hubby eat his!
I also did an hours exercise on Kinect...bit of Zumba and some cardio boxing so i think i can draw a line under today and hopefully wake up tomorrow feeling better!

I watched the final of biggest loser tonight and that has really inspired me, thinking about joining the gym now!

Glad you're feeling better!. You've done a lot of exercise so I'd say your one day blip won't even count. All the talk of exercise on here has inspired me and today I got up & tried to do my only fitness dvd (Charlie Brooks)..I couldn't finish it but I feel great now. I like the sound of the Cardio Boxing that you're doing, can you recommend a good dvd?..I could get some stress out of me with that!!

Well another day done! I am still feeling like i am letting myself down with the food a bit, not that am eating anywhere as much as i used to! I go to the cupboard with the cakes and biscuits in and i stand and have a look and i pull some packets out and then i stop and think "nah!" and i put it back! That is a huge achievement for me because i am a cake eating girl (or so i was!) If i was desperate i would have one because i don't want this to be a diet, i want to live a healthy life, i want to have chocolate now and again and a slice of cake but i know that i don't need to eat it every day!

I did Zumba again today, only doing 20min classes at the moment but i moved up to intermediate today :D
so exercise wise i am definitely doing alot more and enjoying it!

I started to think today why i am wanting to lose weight and there are so many reasons i would be here all day writing them, but there are 3 main ones,

1. I want to be a yummy mummy in the playground!
    - i very rarely go in the school playground because my hubby does the school runs, but often i go to the school with him and wait in the car because i don't want to face all the other mums who look amazing! I want to get down to a size 12, slap on my make up and wear a lovely yummy mummy outfit and go pick my boys up!
  2. I want to be a sexy wife again!
    - I just want to feel like my hubby adores me and is proud to be with me. I want to feel sexy and attractive again and even get jiggy with it a lot more because i feel gorgeous again.
  3. I want to be a nurse who practices what she preaches!
    - I want to feel confident in my position and look healthy. I want my patients and their families to see me as a good role model, fit and healthy!
So there are just three but they are the major reasons, i just want to feel good about myself again and losing this weight is the only way i am going to do that, so whether it takes me 4 months or 18 months i am going to stick to this and i am going to change my life and my attitude forever :)

Last edited:
I like the sound of the Cardio Boxing that you're doing, can you recommend a good dvd?..I could get some stress out of me with that!!

I use my kinect on xbox but i used to do the tae bo (Billy Blanks ones), they are really good, after a week i could see a difference in my shape...think i will have to get a new one for myself! Search it on youtube to get an idea!

I just had a look on youtube at that..really cool. I'm going to alternate my dvd with that this week and see how I go. Looks like I just do it in front of the computer...nice one!.
Well done for getting your main reasons down in writing..keep reading back over them when you're having a 'blip' day.
One of the reasons that I stopped calorie counting and started on this route is that I want to be able to have a bit of everything..and not feel guilty..life is just too short. In saying that, I was totally overboard in my eating up until 2 weeks ago. I want to change my life in a sustainable, healthy & enjoyable way. I'm actually looking forward to exercising tommorrow, who would ever have thought??!!.
I read somewhere ages ago about someone who had to have biscuits/treats in her house for her kids/visitors and she got a metal office box with a key..and got the husband to 'mind' the key....might be dangerous!!

Oh i am glad you liked the videos, there are some by billy blanks Jr and you could also try micha bo, i think his full body blitz workout is on you tube in sections, it looks easy to follow but effective!
haha i hope i never get to the point of having to lock the goodies away!
I am the same as you, life is for living and everything in moderation is fine and dandy!
Its my main meals i have been struggling this week but its my own fault for not shopping wisely enough and not planning in advance so i have been kinda using what we have in, which can be difficult.
I am telling myself all the time i am not on a diet i am just controlling myself, eating healthy food and moving my butt a lot more, if i go on a diet i fail, if i change my thinking i can't fail!

If i go on a diet i fail, if i change my thinking i can't fail!

I love that!!..what a good quote. You know, since I started this way of eating last Friday, I haven't had one day of bingeing..or even thought about it. Now, I mightn't get a mega loss on the scales this Friday but I'm feeling a lot better. I have more energy and I've done more exercise..that's a major thing for me.
It's funny you say that about planning your meals, I sat down last night and did just that!. I have a little school copybook for writing down what I eat every day..I wrote my shopping list in it last night..you should have seen the state of me walking around the supermarket clutching it this morning!. I bought lots of fruit for snacking and sparkling water (my addiction). I think I'll stick the menu plan on the fridge this week.
We'll get there!

haha thanks! Your doing really well HappyEm, just the fact that you feel better means that whatever you are doing your body is happier! I used to plan all the time and write the weeks main meals on the white board in the kitchen, think i need to go back to that and also start doing a food diary again so that i can see where i have done well or gone wrong!

I have an awful headache today and have just taken my 2nd dose of painkillers today :( I am contemplating going out for a walk now in the hope that i clear my head a bit!

Today has been a good day really, i have eaten pretty well (i must start a food diary!) but my achievement for today was power walking as fast my legs could carry me (and push a buggy) around the park, it was a 4k walk so i feel really chuffed that i did it and i was a pink puffer by the time i got home!

Think i am going to do that walk 2-3 times a week plus zumba and tae bo. Hopefully i should see some results soon! Right now i have to go and write an essay :( so i will be spending the night on my bum!

I was wondering if anyone has any super food tips? good healthy jacket potato fillings? filling but quick breakfasts and snacks?

Well done on getting that monster walk in yesterday!. Bet you felt great when you got home.
I was looking at my Jamie Oliver book and you can twist his recipes to low fat versions for jacket potato toppings..how about low-fat creme fraiche with a drop of lemon, cracked black pepper and smoked salmon?. He has one for cottage cheese, diced beetroot and a few herbs sprinkled on top. I love bruschetta so you could maybe cook your potato first then spoon in some passata, top with a thin slice of low fat mozzarella and then basil (I like anchovies but that's not to everyone's taste)...and then grill the top for a few minutes. Or what about the creme fraiche again, mixed with a little bit of grated low fat cheese and chives.
If I think of anymore, I'll post them.
Hope the essay writing is going well!

Thanks for all the ideas!

I haven't done any exercise today and part of me feels a bit guilty! That said i don't want to push myself too much so maybe a day of rest was a good idea. Diet wise i have been pretty good, although i have had a craving for sweet stuff today and have caved in a few times but still managed to control myself and not go over board.

I weighed myself today and i haven't lost yet this week :( My normal weigh in is on sunday so i would be happy to have lost at least a 1lb by then.

Last week i was using the weight watchers system, although not religiously...i was going to bed very hungry though and i was starving at times throughout the day. But i did lose 3.5 lbs so i know it works!

I got all my old ww books out tonight and found my card, when i had started last year i was 13st 8lbs and i managed to get my silver 7lb sticker but then i lost heart with it all. When i decided to lose weight this time i was even bigger at 14st 4lbs :(, i lost 5lbs over 3 weeks then i gained it back by pigging out so i was back to 14st 2lb when i started last week...i am now at 13st 13lbs and still have what seems like a long way to go:cry:So i have decided to go back on to the old ww plan but not do it religiously, just use the ideas, if i go a few points over i am not going to stress out over it because i don't want to get obsessed with point counting! On top of that i will continue to exercise and drink water for England! Lets hope the plan works! ;)

Back