MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

probably far too busy counting straws........................lol

Morning Minks!

Hope you're feeling better. I thought I had a 3-day hangover last week but it turned out to be an ear infection! Lol.

Hope your Monday flies by xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh dear, this must be 1 bad hangover! :giggle:

Earth calling Minky, come in Minky (or was that Mindy? From more and Mindy?!)

Morning :( not even attempting to pretend I'm ok. I drank far too much at the weekend, ate far too much following that and am gaining tonight at WI.

Why can't I just keep my mouth shut and not eat the frigging bad food. When will I learn that setting myself high expectations always causes me to falter and binge? Keeping totally low syns just doesn't work for me.

I'm a bad bad girl and I feel fat and horrible and I'm sulking my ass off right now. FFS.

Just want WI done and to get back to basics. Like going back to week one style. Eating properly and having between 5-15 syns and NO ALCOHOL. Not happening. I've let down my group again and I can't do it next week. Too much too-ing and fro-ing with these last few pounds.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and was a lot more controlled than my pathetic attempt. Xx

Oh Minks, it's awful hearing you like this. What would you say to one of us if we fell off the wagon for a weekend? I'm sure you'd be more gentle than you're being on yourself. You haven't let anybody down - you're human, we can't be perfect all the time.

Draw a line, don't beat yourself up and get back to basics.

You've lost almost half of your bodyweight already and that is such an inspiration to so many people; in group, around you and on here. An off plan weekend doesn't change that.

Chin up, chick, we're all here for you xxx

Wow! Theres a lot of responsibility there Minky! Let your group down? Let your hair down more like! You are human and its all part of life having nights(or overnights if you are lucky enough ;)) out.
You are not bad or fat or horrible but you are a girl and are entitled to have fun. If you do that and face a gain and get back on track then you are an excellent example to your group.

I've let down my group again and I can't do it next week.

Now you listen here missy seeing as you've helped me with this recently, you have let no one down at all, you're human, you went out and had a bloody good time, why shouldn't you allow yourself a treat here and there, okay the bad food happened and now there is nothing that can be done however today is only Tuesday which means you've had a maximum of 2 bad days which is nothing & can be undone easily. Why shouldn't you allow yourself a good time every now and again? It would be far easier to fall completely off the wagon by restricting yourself all the time. You're young and shouldn't have to restrict yourself. You've done amazingly well on your journey, don't beat yourself up for having a good time. Today is the start of a new day, jump back on the wagon and away we go without another thought of the weekend.

Like I already said you've let no one down. You had fun, don't dwell anymore let's look to the future xxxxxxxx

Oh Minks, it's awful hearing you like this. What would you say to one of us if we fell off the wagon for a weekend? I'm sure you'd be more gentle than you're being on yourself. You haven't let anybody down - you're human, we can't be perfect all the time.

Draw a line, don't beat yourself up and get back to basics.

You've lost almost half of your bodyweight already and that is such an inspiration to so many people; in group, around you and on here. An off pls weekend doesn't change that.

Chin up, chick, we're all here for you xxx

Wow! Theres a lot of responsibility there Minky! Let your group down? Let your hair down more like! You are human and its all part of life having nights(or overnights if you are lucky enough ;)) out.
You are not bad or fat or horrible but you are a girl and are entitled to have fun. If you do that and face a gain and get back on track then you are an excellent example to your group.

I just feel a bit of a failure to be honest. I know how far I've come but I'm yo-yoing with a couple of pounds all the time now. Is it really possible for me to get to the target I want? Am I being ridiculous in thinking my body will actually allow me to get to half my body weight? Or am I trying too hard??

I need to stop going crazy on a weekend. Saving syns doesn't work - it makes me crave the bad stuff and I binge. We had a meeting Friday where there was buffet food and I didn't post here to say what I'd eaten. Why? Didn't want to let you all know how rotten I was. I must have had about 6 sandwich triangles, 2 quarters of a scotch egg, 2 tuna pin wheels, a massive cookie and an iced cup cake. And you know what? I felt sh!t after. I came home and was that lethargic I had to actually sleep. It's bullsh!t. Why did I do it?

The silver lining? I'm that disappointed in myself that I'm not going anywhere near alcohol this week and I'm sticking by my guns. I played an hour of badminton last night and FORCED myself to play hard and run my backside off till I was sweating. I've managed to book a slot in for yogaflow on Sunday morning and I'm playing badminton again on Monday. I'm getting my hair done on Saturday so will walk there and then to my mums so will get at least 6-7 miles under my belt. I'm off work Monday and Tuesday so a nice long weekend to get lots of food cooked and batched up.

I don't want to be a f*ck up and have worked this hard to get where I am to fail at the last stone. I can't.

Thanks for the words, it means a lot and I know you're right. I'm just in a 'disappointment depression' right now, probably combined with a weekend comedown which doesn't help! Xx

Now you listen here missy seeing as you've helped me with this recently, you have let no one down at all, you're human, you went out and had a bloody good time, why shouldn't you allow yourself a treat here and there, okay the bad food happened and now there is nothing that can be done however today is only Tuesday which means you've had a maximum of 2 bad days which is nothing & can be undone easily. Why shouldn't you allow yourself a good time every now and again? It would be far easier to fall completely off the wagon by restricting yourself all the time. You're young and shouldn't have to restrict yourself. You've done amazingly well on your journey, don't beat yourself up for having a good time. Today is the start of a new day, jump back on the wagon and away we go without another thought of the weekend.

Like I already said you've let no one down. You had fun, don't dwell anymore let's look to the future xxxxxxxx

I know :( It's my own Fault and I'm just kicking myself that I won't get my nine stone after promising group last week I would :sigh: xx

Of course its possible to get to the target you want theres just no guarantee when and theres no rush either so as you said above stop putting high expectations on yourself and I'd say stop promising your group and us you will do it and just take it as it comes.
I haven't been following your diary for long but get the impression you have worked really hard and lost pretty consistently along the way you are just now at a different stage. Many people seem to have a little blip towards target that they struggle to get through maybe thats what is going on for some reason but while its happening you are learning a lot about what does or doesn't work for you that will be really useful when you do hit that target, like what you say about the syn saving and cravings etc
You are looking fan bloody tastic so remember how far you have come but just take this stage a step at a time and be kind to yourself along the way.
Will be interested to see how you get on at yoga flow the weekend.
I have yoga tonight and am dreading it as usual as know it will be hard work but know I will feel better for it once I have been x

You will smash target, my lovely, I know you will.

I've only lost 2 stone but have spent the last 6 months faffing around the final 8lbs! The last bit before target is always the hardest. But we will get there!

xx

Losing weight & having the same motivation day in day out is hard, & it doesn't matter (does it really) how long it takes to get to your goal, you know it will happen. You've got a fab week planned ahead, you will get there.

I watched Biggest Loser last night it was amazing, I just love it now as there aren't many weeks left, you can see what they've done so far & the challenges they've overcome, it does put me in a positive mind. I've got up this morning & weighed to see I'm outside my target, which pi$$es me off, but I'm so motivated from last nights Biggest Loser I know by Saturday I'll get back there. If you have Sky try & watch the most recent episode, it's where they are in New Zealand, I'm not a crying person, but it brought tears to my eyes at times.

Ah minks, your just human - I see the opposite to letting your group down, I think it inspires them even more as they see a slim inspirational girl who has achieved so much and is still able to go out and totally let her hair down! I'm sure any new members must look at you and think WOW, if she can do it so can I! Slimming world is about living life, which your doing.

You don't need to promise us anything we've all "watched" you throughout your journey and know you'll get there soon enough :) your FAB!!!!! xx

Minks as the others have said - stop it!
If someone our age can't have a naughty weekend getting leathered and enjoying themselves then what is the point!
Worst case scenario it sets you back one week
We are supposed to be making changes that benefit is for the rest of our lives - you can't just stay in forever more!
You put too much pressure on yourself regarding your groups thoughts - whilst you think they may see it as failure you didn't hit nine stone this week, they in the real world probably just think it is amazing you have lost nearly nine stone!

Time to dust yourself off and get back on it - hopefully the weekend comedown will be over shortly ;)

Back