MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

That's amazing minkydinky, well done!!! Hope you do get back to sleep okay, I need to too! xx

Honey I know how hard it must be. OH is still on 1 a day even with the Champix. You are a star, especially for not giving in to the evil weed (tobacco lol!) when your head must have been very muzzy :bighug: xxxxxx

Evening all. How bizarre were my late night antics?! you will be pleased to know I'm still 'clean' and day 11 is nearly complete. Back to feeling super positive and no cravings or schizophrenic moments of talking to myself again :D

Game of badders again tonight - was hilarious. Guy I play with over stretched and ripped his shorts - I was crying with laughter!

Went and had all my hair chopped off today! Never been so short but I freaking love it and it's defo something I'm glad to have done. New look for a slimmer me :D shopping on Saturday in Bluewater for a new outfit or 2 as well so good week! Pamper night tomorrow - woo!

Hope everyone is having a good night xxx

Hi,

I've just been reading some of your diary and had to say WOW! You've done so amazingly well and especially recently giving up smoking too. You should be very proud of yourself.

Where do you live? I live about 10mins from blue water. Now far from lakeside either so spoilt with shopping.

Keep up the great work!

Penny x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mrstore said:
Oooo pics please.....of your hair that is not the guy with the ripped shorts.....unless you have a pic that is ;)
Don't think he would be too impressed if I started taking snaps :D I have taken a couple of snaps but I look horrif! No make up and been playing sports - never an attractive move for me! Xx
pjallen1982 said:
Hi,

I've just been reading some of your diary and had to say WOW! You've done so amazingly well and especially recently giving up smoking too. You should be very proud of yourself.

Where do you live? I live about 10mins from blue water. Now far from lakeside either so spoilt with shopping.

Keep up the great work!

Penny x

Hi Penny!
Thanks for your lovely message! Always nice to see a new face and hear some words of encouragement :)
I'm down near Gatwick airport so depending on traffic it normally takes 40/50 mins to drive? I'm awful with shopping and have bought maybe 4 items since I started losing weight so this is a huge trip/step for me!
Are you following SW? If so how you finding it? Have a good evening! Xx

MinkyDinky said:
Don't think he would be too impressed if I started taking snaps :D I have taken a couple of snaps but I look horrif! No make up and been playing sports - never an attractive move for me! Xx

Hi Penny!
Thanks for your lovely message! Always nice to see a new face and hear some words of encouragement :)
I'm down near Gatwick airport so depending on traffic it normally takes 40/50 mins to drive? I'm awful with shopping and have bought maybe 4 items since I started losing weight so this is a huge trip/step for me!
Are you following SW? If so how you finding it? Have a good evening! Xx

Ooooh good luck for shopping though. Have you ever considered getting one of those personal shoppers in debenhams or Dorothy Perkins? They are free but may be a good way of trying different clothes on.

I'm on slimming world and have been for many years. I lost 2 stone to get to target, but then over the past 2 years I managed to put most of it back on so back to losing. Have 15lb still to go to get back to target so slowly getting back there. I've messed about for a while so time to focus again.

I've used food as an emotional crutch for a long time but time for a change!

Good luck shopping at the weekend

mrstore said:
Oooo pics please.....of your hair that is not the guy with the ripped shorts.....unless you have a pic that is ;)

Like I said - horrif pics but a couple of quickies that I just took. Well different for me but I actually love it! Its so short! Eeeek!

Forgot I took this one at the salon to send to my best friend for approval!

image-1004559452.jpg

Little side one
image-2184112582.jpg

and one up the rear (oo-er!) to show how short and also how contrasting the red is to the dark panel :)
image-3938701249.jpg

Oh my god it's gorgeous! And it really really suits you!!!! Loving the colour!! I'd love to have mine like that!! :) I've been short then long then short over the years, long ish at the moment but getting fed up with it, I need a proper style. When it's short with layers I always wake up looking like a cockerel!! Sticking up all over the place lol.

Minks love your new hair style. It really suits you. Well done on being smokeless for 11 days and hope will be forever.

Purple*Tortoise said:
Love it - really suits you! ;)
Thanks PT! Love trying new things! Xx

mrstore said:
Oh my god it's gorgeous! And it really really suits you!!!! Loving the colour!! I'd love to have mine like that!! :) I've been short then long then short over the years, long ish at the moment but getting fed up with it, I need a proper style. When it's short with layers I always wake up looking like a cockerel!! Sticking up all over the place lol.
Thanks mrs! I'm one to grow it long, cut it short, grow it long, snip snip snip! I get bored of hair so easily and my hairdresser is great at listening to me. I freaking love how she cut it this time! You should go for it!! Xx
emma_partington27 said:
Minks!!! Loving the hair its gorgeous :) really suits u hunny :)
Well dun on gettin throu day 11 whoop!
cheers Em! Feels weird having no hair at the back but I'll get use to it! Xx

Rosielea said:
Minks love your new hair style. It really suits you. Well done on being smokeless for 11 days and hope will be forever.
Thank you Rosie! And can you believe that I've done day 11 now and onto day 12?! Tomorrow will be my test though, going out for drinks in the evening, sure my will power will get me through! Xx

Ooh loving the new hair! Totes gorge!! Profile piccy update methinks?? I know you'll be saying the same to me :giggle:. I am just the same with my hair - spend years growing it then get bored (bleaching and ruining it never helps!). Just decided I was going to stay with my natural (boring, light brown, some might say 'mousey'!!) look then spotted all the grey hairs at the front! Really need to dye it! Looking forward to hear what you buy at Bluewater :bighug: xxxxxx

Love the hair! X

Back