MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Badminton on a Friday night..... Done :) feel good about it. Although really fancy going out and getting dolled up with my skyscraper heels and boogying the night away with my buddy. Why is alcohol a little bugger?! Saying that, if I haven't lost any weight tomorrow I will consume some vodka - sounds silly but every time I have had a couple of cheekies it assists with a loss :D

Ah well, end of the month is planned night out. Count down begins!

I think I have got my height wrong you know. I think I am not 5ft 7.5. I am indeed 6ft 8. Sorry I lied to you all. I am now at target! 16 stone 4.5 is an ideal weight for this height. And as my weight doesn't want to play ball and shift I am classifying myself as being 6 ft 8 from now on.

Sob! When will the weight loss kick start again?! I do everything to the letter and under total weekly syn allowance by a mile (only had 59.5 total this week, purely because I didn't need them!) and weighed/synned/hexed where appropriate but still I only get a measly half a fricking pound.

Today I will mainly be sulking and drowning my sorrows..... (with tea and water, don't worry, not going off plan :S)

MinkyDinky said:
I think I have got my height wrong you know. I think I am not 5ft 7.5. I am indeed 6ft 8. Sorry I lied to you all. I am now at target! 16 stone 4.5 is an ideal weight for this height. And as my weight doesn't want to play ball and shift I am classifying myself as being 6 ft 8 from now on.

Sob! When will the weight loss kick start again?! I do everything to the letter and under total weekly syn allowance by a mile (only had 59.5 total this week, purely because I didn't need them!) and weighed/synned/hexed where appropriate but still I only get a measly half a fricking pound.

Today I will mainly be sulking and drowning my sorrows..... (with tea and water, don't worry, not going off plan :S)

Hiya

Lol at you humour hun! And well done for keeping your spirits up! And well done on 1/2 off :)
I had a good week, But I know the feeling you have now so well as its normally how my body behaves. I'm not sure you are having enough syns. Especially if you are exercising...... I know it says snack on fruit & veg, but we all need naughties :)
Lots of people struggling with losses this week, keep the faith my lovely you will get there. Xx

Cleogin said:
Hiya

Lol at you humour hun! And well done for keeping your spirits up! And well done on 1/2 off :)
I had a good week, But I know the feeling you have now so well as its normally how my body behaves. I'm not sure you are having enough syns. Especially if you are exercising...... I know it says snack on fruit & veg, but we all need naughties :)
Lots of people struggling with losses this week, keep the faith my lovely you will get there. Xx

Cheers C, it's good to know others are struggling too :D but in all seriousness it's so frustrating! I have had syns this week and not actively tried to keep them down at all, I've just been full from eating my meals and hex's that I haven't needed to have anything additional. Looking over my diary, apart from the additional Hex I think my food could even have passed as EE (at a push :)) maybe I'll try and eat more naughties....
Well done on your loss, going extremely well and in the right direction. Hope you're having a great Saturday - even if it is chilly! Xx

Today I have mainly been in my (tiny) kitchen knocking up batches of cooking.

Not done too much food but enough to make the week easier. I have made 12 bubble n squeak cakes so all I will have to do is bake/fry, frozen half so can have some tomorrow and the others later in the week. Cooked up what I like think of as my take on lentil dhal - having never had it before I have no idea what it's meant to look like or consistency! So just chucked in onion, garlic, peppers, grated carrot, chopped toms and red split lentils, loads of spices and boiled/simmered till *I* thought it looked done. Probably completely wrong but I'm the only eating it so ner! Lastly I have bubbling away a chicken, BNS and cauliflower curry. Smells gorgeous. And all whilst cooking these I managed to make HM chilli burgers and swede chips. Phew! Been stood in there a while :D

This week is basically sorted for evening meals, just a case of chucking in the oven or reheating - evenings always feel like they are being taken up by cooking so trying to be more organised.

Although Friday is payday and I am rewarding myself with a chicken kebab and a couple of chips - all within plan of course! May have to use syns from other days but seeing as I am not over eating my syns I am sure that one night isn't going to kill me :)

Wow that's a whole lot of cooking! Well done! Wish I was that organised. :-D

Hey Ladies!

Am new to this site, and Slimming World ( 1st weigh in tomoz!! )

Was looking on some forums out of nosiness really and saw this site, spent the last hour reading though this blog, diary??? Anyways....MinkyDinky, loving your humour, and total honesty! You are a true inspiration!

Have a good evening ladies xxx

tabitha91 said:
Wow that's a whole lot of cooking! Well done! Wish I was that organised. :-D

Trust me I am not normally that organised! Usually it's a half hour um and ah session while looking in the cupboards and fridge/freezer, asking OH what he fancies (always "I don't mind babe, whatever you want...." yeah only because I'm bloody cooking it!) and just grabbing whatever I can concoct :) The joys of men who can't make a decision xx

Claire Mac said:
Hey Ladies!

Am new to this site, and Slimming World ( 1st weigh in tomoz!! )

Was looking on some forums out of nosiness really and saw this site, spent the last hour reading though this blog, diary??? Anyways....MinkyDinky, loving your humour, and total honesty! You are a true inspiration!

Have a good evening ladies xxx

Hey there Claire!
Welcome to the wonderful world of both SW and Minimins! I couldn't recommend a nicer forum to get all knowledge, support and giggles a long the way. I have been doing it from home since August and this place has been a bit of a crutch for me. I'm on here more than any other website (apart from Next - nothing can rival my love for their shoes!)

Thank you for taking the time to read my diary thingy-majig. Pop along anytime and let me know how all goes with you. Good luck for tomorrow - the first time is always the hardest but you have made the right decision and from now on the only way is down ;) xxx

Thanks for the welcome :D

Keep ya fingers crossed for me!

I normally do really well for the first few weeks ( when doing WW ) but then tend to get bored of the same old food. So am on here to look for inspiration and recipes to keep me going. Slimming World so far does seem to good to be true! So much food, don't think i have been hungry once! I do feel in a different mind set this time, more about life style changes and getting off my arse to cook, rather than save all my points to go and get a take away!

Claire Mac said:
Thanks for the welcome :D

Keep ya fingers crossed for me!

I normally do really well for the first few weeks ( when doing WW ) but then tend to get bored of the same old food. So am on here to look for inspiration and recipes to keep me going. Slimming World so far does seem to good to be true! So much food, don't think i have been hungry once! I do feel in a different mind set this time, more about life style changes and getting off my arse to cook, rather than save all my points to go and get a take away!

Well when you are maybe lacking in motivation come on here and shout, the pearls of wisdom from people on here really do help you. Obviously only you can be the one that decides what goes in your mouth but if we can help you we will :) good luck this morning, fingers are well and truly crossed for you xx

Dear burger van owners on Manor Royal,

If I have asked you once, I have asked you twice and pretty sure (in my head) I have asked you a million times...

STOP COOKING BACON ON A MORNING!!

Grrrr. Especially on a dreaded Monday morning when comfort food is needed to get me through the miserable morning.

I may be forced to hunt you down and do some terrible things to you (like taking your supply of bacon.... To destroy humanely of course!)

Yours not so lovingly,
Minks xx

Last edited:
Hey
I wrote you a mega long message yesterday...then phone crashed...and i was too hungover to go through it all again :mad:
Hope your feeling better with your beegees xx

PrincessZoe said:
Hey
I wrote you a mega long message yesterday...then phone crashed...and i was too hungover to go through it all again :mad:
Hope your feeling better with your beegees xx

Isn't it just a b!tch when that happens?!
BeeGees seem to have left me for now which is awesome thank you :)
Hope your hangover wasn't too bad he he xx

Hi Girls,

Just swinging by to say I LOST 5.5LBS!!!! Yaaaaay!

Also, made some burgers last night with Cajun Wedges.....i recommend if no1 has yet to try ;)

Hope all is well for you guys xx

Claire Mac said:
Hi Girls,

Just swinging by to say I LOST 5.5LBS!!!! Yaaaaay!

Also, made some burgers last night with Cajun Wedges.....i recommend if no1 has yet to try ;)

Hope all is well for you guys xx

WOOO!! That's awesome! Well done to you. How amazing did that feel? Remember that feeling if ever you have a down day and it will really help you :)

I had burgers twice at the weekend! Enjoy every single bite sweetie, it's deserved xx

MinkyDinky said:
Dear burger van owners on Manor Royal,

If I have asked you once, I have asked you twice and pretty sure (in my head) I have asked you a million times...

STOP COOKING BACON ON A MORNING!!

Grrrr. Especially on a dreaded Monday morning when comfort food is needed to get me through the miserable morning.

I may be forced to hunt you down and do some terrible things to you (like taking your supply of bacon.... To destroy humanely of course!)

Yours not so lovingly,
Minks xx

Lol I love this :)

Damn the smell of bacon, my mate is a veggie and she says the smell of bacon tempts her every time!

Hope you are having a good week after your poor tummy issues this weekend.

xx

Back