MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Silvermaneuk said:
I buy mine in the 99p shop its exactly the same as the one I used to pay a small fortune for mine in a health food shop lol But its great for sinuses and headaches etc. :D

Will be heading off to town at the weekend to see if I can grab a bargain :D thank you again silvermane xx

Minks ;)

jo-85 said:
Your welcome the woo hoo was more than deserved :) sounds Lovely I hate washing up.

Haven't started shred yet ive been so naughty promising to start it every day for near on a week now and haven't. But I am determined to start it tomorrow i might put it somewhere prominent for me to see when I get in from work and hopefully it will give me a kick up the bum!! :) x

I found myself trying to talk my way out of it and then getting annoyed and just doing it out of anger! Got to level 2 and couldn't do planks so it's on the side lines to be re introduced in March. Good luck sugar xx

Minks ;)

Welshdreamer said:
Hiyas MD im in dire need of inspiration lost loads on S/W so know it works just bored with eating same old same old !! and have had a read of your food diary and now this one your meal plans are fab and i can see why your so focused and losing so well such variation and love the food pics but not the blister lol have you tried the double layer socks from any sports shop they stopped my blisters and my sons n he runs regularily inner sox moves with your foot outer sock stays with ya shoes so no friction if im telling a granny how to suck eggs please excuse me lol ive got my tesco order open and your food diary for inspiration and 3 days to pull back a STS in weigh in day wednesday have a fab week xx

Thank you so much for the sock tip - mine are always sliding about and causing rubbing which in turn gives me blisters :( sob!

I hope you liked the food ;) most of it tastes better than it looks but I cannie be arsed with presentation sometimes! Any questions then feel free to gimme a shout sweetie. Good luck and well done on motivating yourself to getting back on it xx

Minks ;)

Potatoes.
Boil them. Fry them. Stick em in a stew.
Po. Ta. Toes.

But what else can you do?! I have a massive bag of them and for some unbeknown reason they are starting to sprout... Which is strange because I normally have a 5 kilo bag that lasts 2-3 weeks and only in the latter part if wk 3 do they sprout.

So I guess I need to cook / part cook them and freeze so I can still use them. They aren't big pots either so it's not like I can have them as jacket spuds and also my freezer is bloody chocker also! How long does mash keep in a fridge? Can wedges be boiled and then frozen ready to chuck in the oven like shop bought ones?

Me thinks I need to investigate!

Minks ;)

How long does mash keep in a fridge? Can wedges be boiled and then frozen ready to chuck in the oven like shop bought ones?

Best not to keep cooked potatoes in the fridge more than 24 hours. However, you can mash and freeze.

As for wedges, yes you can par boil them for a couple of minutes then freeze. when you want to cook season and chuck in the oven.

I'd make :
Potato cake
Boil potatoes, mash/grate add salt, pepper and any spices you like. Add eggs, mix until smooth. Texture needs to be thick (you can add anything you like e.g chopped onions/spring onions, chopped herbs, peppers, garden peas, sweetcorn, courgette, BNS,etc). Heat a frying pan spray with frylight, spoon mixture and flatten. Turn after a couple of minutes when golden. Alternatively you can spoon, flatten on a baking tray either grill or bake in the oven. You can serve hot or cold as main with salad, baked beans, stews.

Wild potatoes - Peel and cube potatoes wash and dry. Fry chopped chilli and ginger in frylight, add potatoes, add some tumeric (to give it a it of colour), add a little drop of water, put a lid on the pan and lower the heat. Check to make sure it does not stick to the pan and if necessary add more water until cooked (firm and not mushed up). Reason for calling it wild is due to the kick from chilli.

You can also add tomatoes or spinach to the above (I prefer it plain).

Potato Bake - This is something my mum used to make in Winter when we were little
1 onion (cut into rings - do not seperate the rings)
2 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
2 turnips sliced (optional)
1 carrot peeled and sliced
1/2 aubergine sliced (optional)
1 courgette siced (optional)
2 tomatoes sliced
28 gr ready to eat prunes
Salt & pepper and spices (optional)

This can be cooked on the hob or an oven.
Layer all the veg and sprinke each layer with salt pepper and spices. Dot around the prunes. Add a little water and put on the cooker on very low heat until cooked. Make sure it does not stick to bottom of pan.

Tartte flatte
This is a French dish and lovely
1 onion chopped
2-3 potatoes cubed washed and dry
2 rashers of bacon cut into small strips or cubed
71gr Pain philly
30gr French camembert/brie or cheddar
Salt & pepper

Fry onion, bacon in frylight, add potatoes and fry further. add a little water and allow potato to cook a little. Mix philly with a little water and mix so a bit runny, salt & pepper. Put potato mixture in a casserole dish, pour philly mixture on top and toss so poatotoes coated with philly. Cook in 180 degree oven for 20 minutes until potatoes cooked sprinkle grated cheddar or put chunks of camembert/brie on top and cook until cheese melted and bubbling. Serve hot.

Enjoy.

Best not to keep cooked potatoes in the fridge more than 24 hours. However, you can mash and freeze.

As for wedges, yes you can par boil them for a couple of minutes then freeze. when you want to cook season and chuck in the oven.

I'd make :
Potato cake
Boil potatoes, mash/grate add salt, pepper and any spices you like. Add eggs, mix until smooth. Texture needs to be thick (you can add anything you like e.g chopped onions/spring onions, chopped herbs, peppers, garden peas, sweetcorn, courgette, BNS,etc). Heat a frying pan spray with frylight, spoon mixture and flatten. Turn after a couple of minutes when golden. Alternatively you can spoon, flatten on a baking tray either grill or bake in the oven. You can serve hot or cold as main with salad, baked beans, stews.

Wild potatoes - Peel and cube potatoes wash and dry. Fry chopped chilli and ginger in frylight, add potatoes, add some tumeric (to give it a it of colour), add a little drop of water, put a lid on the pan and lower the heat. Check to make sure it does not stick to the pan and if necessary add more water until cooked (firm and not mushed up). Reason for calling it wild is due to the kick from chilli.

Potato Bake - This is something my mum used to make in Winter when we were little
2 tomatoes sliced

Layer all the veg and sprinke each layer with salt pepper and spices. Dot around the prunes. Add a little water and put on the cooker on very low heat until cooked. Make sure it does not stick to bottom of pan.

Tartte flatte
1 onion chopped
71gr Pain philly
Salt & pepper

Fry onion, bacon in frylight, add potatoes and fry further. add a little water and allow potato to cook a little. Mix philly with a little water and mix so a bit runny, salt & pepper. Put potato mixture in a casserole dish, pour philly mixture on top and toss so poatotoes coated with philly. Cook in 180 degree oven for 20 minutes until potatoes cooked sprinkle grated cheddar or put chunks of camembert/brie on top and cook until cheese melted and bubbling. Serve hot.

Enjoy.

:wow: !!! Some great ideas - I'll be trying some of these too! Be careful with reheating potatoes Minks - I had horrible food poisoning from some leek and potato soup we hadn't stored properly. ooh I was poorly! Had no idea potatoes could be so evil until Lily told me you have to be really careful with them xxx

Rosielea said:

I'd make :
Potato cake

2 tomatoes sliced

Tartte flatte
1 onion chopped
71gr Pain philly
Salt & pepper

Enjoy.

Rosielea you are a star! I have planned to have the potato bake and tartte flatte this week so will let you know how they go! Lifesaver! Xx

Minks ;)

beckyn22 said:
:wow: !!! Some great ideas - I'll be trying some of these too! Be careful with reheating potatoes Minks - I had horrible food poisoning from some leek and potato soup we hadn't stored properly. ooh I was poorly! Had no idea potatoes could be so evil until Lily told me you have to be really careful with them xxx

Oooh nasty food poisoning! And from potato!! Wowser. I will be ultra careful then. You normally associate it with chicken, pork or fish and I would never have known. Hope you are all a ok now! Xx

Minks ;)

I hadn't heard about potato being a source for food poisioning before, but guess all things go bad and breed nasties at some stage. Same with rice, you have to be careful storing and reheating it as it can give you a very unpset tum.

Cauliflower curry bubbling away on the stove.....

image-2129944806.jpg

Nom nom nom! Xxxxx

Minks ;)

I did google them after my episode and ready you have to be as careful with them as rice. Minks - just been reading your diary from the beginning and found a possible SOS (Save Our Syns!!) for me. "Chilli cheese burgers, spicy cajun wedges and homemade coleslaw". Could this beat my nachos craving?? Any chance of the recipe hun please and maybe a link or recipe to the lentil and mushroom loaf??? thank you sweetie. Love reading your diary - love your SOH and sane, common-sensical approach! :bighug: xxx

beckyn22 said:
I did google them after my episode and ready you have to be as careful with them as rice. Minks - just been reading your diary from the beginning and found a possible SOS (Save Our Syns!!) for me. "Chilli cheese burgers, spicy cajun wedges and homemade coleslaw". Could this beat my nachos craving?? Any chance of the recipe hun please and maybe a link or recipe to the lentil and mushroom loaf??? thank you sweetie. Love reading your diary - love your SOH and sane, common-sensical approach! :bighug: xxx

Becky the burgers, wedges and slaw are gorge! In fact, thank you for reminding me about them! I have badminton after work and won't get in till 8:15ish so will sort the recipe and link out in the morning? I won't get to the computer but as I'm up at 4:30 tomorrow I have plenty of time :D xxx

Becky the burgers, wedges and slaw are gorge! In fact, thank you for reminding me about them! I have badminton after work and won't get in till 8:15ish so will sort the recipe and link out in the morning? I won't get to the computer but as I'm up at 4:30 tomorrow I have plenty of time :D xxx

Thank you sweetie that would be fab! I have succumbed tonight so need a weaning off naughty food back onto sw 'naughty' food and they sound just the job. Enjoy badminton xxx

beckyn22 said:
Thank you sweetie that would be fab! I have succumbed tonight so need a weaning off naughty food back onto sw 'naughty' food and they sound just the job. Enjoy badminton xxx

It doesn't even taste like diet food! I sit there just thinking I LOVE YOU SLIMMING WORLD!!!

Just waiting for my friend to turn up to badminton. Great thing about waiting outside the gym? Seeing all the hot single
Men enter :D damn I forgot..... I'm not single..... Let the ogling commence!! Xxx

:giggle: you do make me laugh - what are you like!! Can't wait for recipes. Appreciate this hun. Have a good game xxx

Ok so first things first…. Recipe time!
Becky if you can make normal SW friendly burgers then this will be a doddle as its so easy. Couple of ways you can make the meat but all preference really. I don’t think I ever put measurements as its all to personal taste
SW burgers
I use 500g ex lean mince so this should help to guage other measurements

Chop jalapenos and onions, fry until softened and slight colour. Mix with chilli powder/flakes, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce and the mince until it looks evenly mixed (your hands will probably be coated in an orange paste by this point!) Sometimes I add an egg to the mixture, depends on how wet the onions are or if I can be bothered so again, preference. Make in to burger shapes and cook in the oven/grill/george foreman. Top with HexA of Cheese, chilli sauce (I never syn this cause we have a real hot one and only need a couple of drops), salad leaves/sliced toms/onion/gherkins etc. Whack in a bun and.... ta da! Done.

For the wedges I just chop the potatoes into wedge shape, mix up some extra hot Cajun seasoning with paprika, or paprika and chilli powder, sprinkle on the wedges, spray and oven. Can take anything from 20 mins – 45 mins depending on wedge size or oven temp

Slaw – thinly slice red onion, white cabbage and grate carrot. All on a bowl, add E.L.F Mayo (at ½ a syn a tbsp you really cannot go wrong, syns work out low when you divvy up the portions) and voila! As I like my food with a touch of spice I added black pepper, chilli flakes and a touch of ground cumin. Masks any taste of the standard “low fat” taste and is not gloopy like shop bought. Also, another way of making coleslaw is by using your HexA. Slice and grate veg as before, grate a HexA of cheddar (whether low fat or normal depending on how much you want) and mix in. Then add another HexA of low fat soft cheese – philli or LC triangles are good for this – and use this in place of your mayo. Half the whole amount will be 1 HexA as 2 have been used for the whole portion. If you want to eat the whole lot (and why wouldn’t you?!) maybe tweek and either use the soft cheese or use the hard with mayo

I hope this helps and you get a scrummy dinner out of it. Any questions about the “recipes” then just gimme a shout! xxx

:drool: This sounds absolutely delish Minks! Thank you so much - can't wait for tea tonight! Quick question - do you use a white bun and syn it or wholemeal HExB? Also - someone who was taking Xenical I met once told me they used to add fat free fromage frais to mayo to make more and dilute it. Do you think this would work? We've got some sitting in the fridge doing nothing at the mo. so be good to use it up but don't want it to spoil the coleslaw taste. What do you think? Thanks again hunnie xxx

Back