MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

beckyn22 said:
:drool: This sounds absolutely delish Minks! Thank you so much - can't wait for tea tonight! Quick question - do you use a white bun and syn it or wholemeal HExB? Also - someone who was taking Xenical I met once told me they used to add fat free fromage frais to mayo to make more and dilute it. Do you think this would work? We've got some sitting in the fridge doing nothing at the mo. so be good to use it up but don't want it to spoil the coleslaw taste. What do you think? Thanks again hunnie xxx

Depends on what we have in really bun wise. I have bought the tesco ones before that are the exact weight and they aren't big so I will have one burger in the bun and because I'm a greedy guts I have a second wrapped in lettuce leaves. If you have the syns crack on with a White bun I say :D
I haven't tried the slaw with fromage frais but have heard people mention it so I would probably to a mix first to try before adding (say do one tbsp of each, mix, season and have carrot sticks to dip and taste) If you like it then use it. Some people like a lot of sauce in coleslaw and this would probably thin it out and be more like shop bought depending on how much you added. Try it! If you like it I might just be brave and try it myself :) xxx

Cleogin said:
Hey MD

Wow that food looks yummy....

How was Badminton? Am waiting to see you in the local paper for ogling the hotties at K2 :eek::eek:!!!

Have you been having a good week?
xx

Badminton was great but I have found myself getting a bit too competitive and as such pulled my shoulder last night - whoops! But apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed it again :) do you use K2 at all? It was alot quieter last night - must be something to do with valentines day but I loved it! Only 2 of the 4 courts were in use and we were one of them.
Hope your ok, will pop on over to your diary later and see how your doing xx

Badminton was great but I have found myself getting a bit too competitive and as such pulled my shoulder last night - whoops! But apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed it again :) do you use K2 at all? It was alot quieter last night - must be something to do with valentines day but I loved it! Only 2 of the 4 courts were in use and we were one of them.
Hope your ok, will pop on over to your diary later and see how your doing xx

I hope you haven't damaged it too much chick. Yeah I use K2 normally to play badminton :) I haven't been this year yet, but I used to go with my mate on a Friday.....As everyone else has a life the badminton courts are normally pretty quiet lol!

Depends on what we have in really bun wise. I have bought the tesco ones before that are the exact weight and they aren't big so I will have one burger in the bun and because I'm a greedy guts I have a second wrapped in lettuce leaves. If you have the syns crack on with a White bun I say :D
I haven't tried the slaw with fromage frais but have heard people mention it so I would probably to a mix first to try before adding (say do one tbsp of each, mix, season and have carrot sticks to dip and taste) If you like it then use it. Some people like a lot of sauce in coleslaw and this would probably thin it out and be more like shop bought depending on how much you added. Try it! If you like it I might just be brave and try it myself :) xxx

Great Minks, thank! Will let you know tonight! xxx

Ooh - hope you're looking after that shoulder Minks! Ouch! Am pleased to report that the ff fromage frais experiment with the mayo is a yummy success. I put the same amount of ffff in with the EL mayo and mixed it up and it made twice the amount of mayo and was still lovely and creamy! Yay xxx

Ooh - hope you're looking after that shoulder Minks! Ouch! Am pleased to report that the ff fromage frais experiment with the mayo is a yummy success. I put the same amount of ffff in with the EL mayo and mixed it up and it made twice the amount of mayo and was still lovely and creamy! Yay xxx

Sounds great! I will be investing in some then and making this in the future instead of just mayo. plus EL mayo can have a bit of a funny tang to it (because lets face it, its not real!!) so if I can get it to taste creamier, all the better! Woot!

Thanks for reporting back :) xxxx

My pleasure hunnie - thank you for the recipe! Off to make the burgers now! Yummy! xxx

With my current exercise being a bit, slack? I have been talking with a work colleague and we have decided to sign up for a half marathon called the Midnight Walk. It's a woman only event and is for St Catherines Hospice charity.

I walk 2.2 mile stints twice a day 5 days a week currently but that is not a 13 mile in one walk so going to have to up my exercise to train. It's not a stroll, it can be anything from a run to a jog to a brisk walk. I would like to be in the mid group by then and with the weight loss hopefully this will be possible. It's not until July 14th so got plenty of time to shed some more pounds and get some walking under my (ever loosening!) belt.

So 5 months, 5 stone to target, could I hit it by the walk?! Who knows! Fingers crossed I can!

MinkyDinky said:
With my current exercise being a bit, slack? I have been talking with a work colleague and we have decided to sign up for a half marathon called the Midnight Walk. It's a woman only event and is for St Catherines Hospice charity.

I walk 2.2 mile stints twice a day 5 days a week currently but that is not a 13 mile in one walk so going to have to up my exercise to train. It's not a stroll, it can be anything from a run to a jog to a brisk walk. I would like to be in the mid group by then and with the weight loss hopefully this will be possible. It's not until July 14th so got plenty of time to shed some more pounds and get some walking under my (ever loosening!) belt.

So 5 months, 5 stone to target, could I hit it by the walk?! Who knows! Fingers crossed I can!

Oooh MD

I've done it twice, it's great fun..... But really hard! One year I did the London 26.2 mile moonwalk then the midnight walk about a month later lol...... My poor feet :)

If I see you walking around Crawley I'll give you a toot, it always raises a smile when it's tough going!

Well done you for deciding to do it.... You won't regret the achievement ..... But your feet may hate u :) xx

Cleogin said:
Oooh MD

I've done it twice, it's great fun..... But really hard! One year I did the London 26.2 mile moonwalk then the midnight walk about a month later lol...... My poor feet :)

If I see you walking around Crawley I'll give you a toot, it always raises a smile when it's tough going!

Well done you for deciding to do it.... You won't regret the achievement ..... But your feet may hate u :) xx

Ps don't forget to put up your sponsor link...... The St Catherine's is such a good cause I'll sponsor you xx

Wow - that's a great goal Minks; and I bet you can lose 5 stones in 5 months. Have you ever tried the couch - 5k? Like Arctic Blonde said you could be running easily in that time - if you want to, that is. I really want to be able to run but need somewhere where no-one can see me :giggle: xxx

Cleogin said:
Oooh MD

Ah cheers sweetie! I am mega excited about it, it's kind of a target for me to hit and I know it's just a walk but I want to feel a sense of achievement through something other than my weight loss - if that males sense??

Get you though doing the moonwalk as well! I would love to do that, maybe next year?! Xx

Cleogin said:
Ps don't forget to put up your sponsor link...... The St Catherine's is such a good cause I'll sponsor you xx

And thank you on this too. I'm registering Monday so will put the link in my signature for anyone that wants to donate to the cause. Pictures will be posted too :) xx

Will def. sponsor you hun. Won't be much tho' I'm afraid :-( xxx

beckyn22 said:
Wow - that's a great goal Minks; and I bet you can lose 5 stones in 5 months. Have you ever tried the couch - 5k? Like Arctic Blonde said you could be running easily in that time - if you want to, that is. I really want to be able to run but need somewhere where no-one can see me :giggle: xxx

I have heard of it and will take a look tonight before I start training at the weekend :) I am so excited! Hoping that it will help with the weight loss too.

I'm not a runner by any means (2 left feet assist with that :D) and the great thing with this is that it starts at midnight so won't be any prying eyes around!

So here goes my own personal challenge of being able to do this and lose my 5 stone in 5 months I guess! Ahhhhhhh! Xxx

:cross:You can do it!!!:cross: xxx

Ah cheers sweetie! I am mega excited about it, it's kind of a target for me to hit and I know it's just a walk but I want to feel a sense of achievement through something other than my weight loss - if that males sense??

Get you though doing the moonwalk as well! I would love to do that, maybe next year?! Xx

Don't let anyone tell you it's just a walk!!! Be proud about it....it's a half marathon! Unless anyone has walked that distance, they won't realise how hard it is. You can't imagine the amount of comments I've had about it not being a run, and it's not the same.....they are totally different kinds of activities and walking for 4-8 hours depending on distance is certainly more about endurance, it's not like nipping to the shops.

If it's so easy, see how many can say they got off their ass to walk 13.1 miles at midnight for charity.

**Quietly steps down from soap box**
Sorry to be defensive, only it's a very common comment and I think it belittles peoples achievements :)

Moonwalk for you the year after my lovely .....now that is a buzz, but the training is so hard. I cried after my 3rd one, and hubby won't let me do it again ( I kind of love him for it though);)

Don't let anyone tell you it's just a walk!!! Be proud about it....it's a half marathon! Unless anyone has walked that distance, they won't realise how hard it is. You can't imagine the amount of comments I've had about it not being a run, and it's not the same.....they are totally different kinds of activities and walking for 4-8 hours depending on distance is certainly more about endurance, it's not like nipping to the shops.

If it's so easy, see how many can say they got off their ass to walk 13.1 miles at midnight for charity.

**Quietly steps down from soap box**
Sorry to be defensive, only it's a very common comment and I think it belittles peoples achievements :)

Moonwalk for you the year after my lovely .....now that is a buzz, but the training is so hard. I cried after my 3rd one, and hubby won't let me do it again ( I kind of love him for it though);)

I'd never say walking that distance isn't an amazing achievement - know there's no way I'd be able to do that at the mo! Also, they say that weight loss is the same whether you walk briskly or jog so stepping up walking is going to benefit weight loss enormously. I have a personal reason for wanting to be able to run as years ago a friend and I said we were going to start running and do the London marathon. It was my idea but she was the one that did it - lost over 7 stones and has now run several marathons - the London and Tokyo ones twice! Hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't think the long walks were easy or not a fantastic achievement! xxx

Back