MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Sorry Minks, hi-jacked your diary for a mo there! :giggle: xxx

I'd never say walking that distance isn't an amazing achievement - know there's no way I'd be able to do that at the mo! Also, they say that weight loss is the same whether you walk briskly or jog so stepping up walking is going to benefit weight loss enormously. I have a personal reason for wanting to be able to run as years ago a friend and I said we were going to start running and do the London marathon. It was my idea but she was the one that did it - lost over 7 stones and has now run several marathons - the London and Tokyo ones twice! Hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't think the long walks were easy or not a fantastic achievement! xxx

Oh no Becky, definitely wasn't directed at you or Minks or anyone in here :)

Running is certainly an achievement, but I think that "people" think that walking is easy. I always thought i'd like to run a marathon one day, but after walking one....i've reconsidered :D.
If it's what you want to do...good luck to you it's good to have a goal and there is no reason why you won't be able to do it one day x

I thought walking was the easier option..... till Tuesday.

Went for a run on the treadmill, but achilles was twinging, so walked on it instead, on a hill program, still managed to get my heart rate to the same levels as I do when I run? Have a different opinion to it now.

Cleogin said:
Don't let anyone tell you it's just a walk!!! Be proud about it....it's a half marathon! Unless anyone has walked that distance, they won't realise how hard it is. You can't imagine the amount of comments I've had about it not being a run, and it's not the same.....they are totally different kinds of activities and walking for 4-8 hours depending on distance is certainly more about endurance, it's not like nipping to the shops.

If it's so easy, see how many can say they got off their ass to walk 13.1 miles at midnight for charity.

**Quietly steps down from soap box**
Sorry to be defensive, only it's a very common comment and I think it belittles peoples achievements :)

Moonwalk for you the year after my lovely .....now that is a buzz, but the training is so hard. I cried after my 3rd one, and hubby won't let me do it again ( I kind of love him for it though);)

Eek! Sorry I said it was 'just a walk'! I didn't mean it in that way! I know it's hard work and it's not like just taking a casual stroll. I'm doing it for the achievement and for something to be proud of. I don't the race for life years ago and I felt great at the end of that. Hoping that this gives me an even bigger buzz which I'm sure it will.

And thank you for also inspiring me - the way you wrote about it was very passionate and for the fact you have completed 3 Moonwalks and 2 Midnight walks is amazing. Xxx

MinkyDinky said:
Eek! Sorry I said it was 'just a walk'! I didn't mean it in that way! I know it's hard work and it's not like just taking a casual stroll. I'm doing it for the achievement and for something to be proud of. I don't the race for life years ago and I felt great at the end of that. Hoping that this gives me an even bigger buzz which I'm sure it will.

And thank you for also inspiring me - the way you wrote about it was very passionate and for the fact you have completed 3 Moonwalks and 2 Midnight walks is amazing. Xxx

Lol!
I didn't mean you :) after a while you just get annoyed with people (yes 63 yr old boss i'm talking about you) saying it...... Ignore me, I'm sensitive about it :)

Truly worth doing chicky and I hope I didn't offend anyone with my rant, I certainly didn't want to do that :-( x

Cleogin said:
Lol!
I didn't mean you :) after a while you just get annoyed with people (yes 63 yr old boss i'm talking about you) saying it...... Ignore me, I'm sensitive about it :)

Truly worth doing chicky and I hope I didn't offend anyone with my rant, I certainly didn't want to do that :-( x

Of course you didn't! Don't be silly :) nothing was even said that could be deemed as offensive so no worries xxx

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
I thought walking was the easier option..... till Tuesday.

Went for a run on the treadmill, but achilles was twinging, so walked on it instead, on a hill program, still managed to get my heart rate to the same levels as I do when I run? Have a different opinion to it now.

Walking is the way forward! Hope the Achilles is better now? Xx

He he no probs :)
Wowee your friend done a marathon in Tokyo - I bet that was an experience in itself! You will be able to do it hun, have faith in yourself xxx

She went to teach out there 7 years ago and hasn't come back! Sad really as we were quite close but kind of drifted apart :-(. What was for your tonight then hunnie? xxx

hey there Minky,

I just want to let you know that i've spent about an hour reading through tour posts...what an inspiration! I love that you post photos of youre food and take the time to type out exactly what you eat!

I've lost almost 2 stone (3lbs off). I did 1.5stone on Weight Watchers but ws spending my points on crips and chocolate so switched to SW and it seemed so much healthier way of eating..i absolutely love it! Took me a couple of weeks to get my head around it as it does most people...I couldnt believe how high everything was in syns....but I suppose it needs to be!

Im an actress and my last show was called The Woman, it was about everything female related...food, sex, rships, career etc. I interviewed and researched women and wrote the play.... I read a comment about you looking forward to wearing a pretty summer dress next summer (well, this summer i guess) and I just wanted to say how pretty you are! Love your red hair!

x

beckyn22 said:
She went to teach out there 7 years ago and hasn't come back! Sad really as we were quite close but kind of drifted apart :-(. What was for your tonight then hunnie? xxx

Oh :( it's hard when you get older and life in general causes a drift. Happens all the time unfortunately.

For tea tonight I had chicken, quorn and vegetable curry with chips. Curry had onions, peppers, tomatoes, pasatta and courgette in and 'twas yummy. OH is a curry fiend hence why this is the 3rd one since Saturday (and he made one for himself Friday!) hopefully the superfree will assist with a loss on Saturday! Xxx

Oh :( it's hard when you get older and life in general causes a drift. Happens all the time unfortunately.

For tea tonight I had chicken, quorn and vegetable curry with chips. Curry had onions, peppers, tomatoes, pasatta and courgette in and 'twas yummy. OH is a curry fiend hence why this is the 3rd one since Saturday (and he made one for himself Friday!) hopefully the superfree will assist with a loss on Saturday! Xxx

Very true Minks. Tea sounded yummy! Hope you have a great day xxx

Mozzalicious said:
hey there Minky,

I just want to let you know that i've spent about an hour reading through tour posts...what an inspiration! I love that you post photos of youre food and take the time to type out exactly what you eat!

I've lost almost 2 stone (3lbs off). I did 1.5stone on Weight Watchers but ws spending my points on crips and chocolate so switched to SW and it seemed so much healthier way of eating..i absolutely love it! Took me a couple of weeks to get my head around it as it does most people...I couldnt believe how high everything was in syns....but I suppose it needs to be!

Im an actress and my last show was called The Woman, it was about everything female related...food, sex, rships, career etc. I interviewed and researched women and wrote the play.... I read a comment about you looking forward to wearing a pretty summer dress next summer (well, this summer i guess) and I just wanted to say how pretty you are! Love your red hair!

x

Awwww thank you for your lovely post! It's such a wonderful feeling to know people actually take time to read my random warblings and take the time to say hello :) and as for your last comment - you're going to make me blush!

Well done on the weight loss so far (I never got on with WW but everyone has their strengths and weaknesses I guess :D) how are you finding SW? Feel free to stop by any time and let me know if you have a diary so I can pop on over.

Was your show a theatre production? How amazing that you have written and produced your own show! I always wanted to be an actress but was kind of steered into being an office bod. Shame really because I hate office work and would love to do something that is challenging and never the same from week to week.

Hope you're having a good day and hope to speak to you soon! Xxx

Found and subscribed as recommended by Becky :D
but I see you have two diaries so shall have to check that
out as well
Hello Minky hope its okay to pop by and say hello would be rude
to just read and say nowt .....
So I am now off to read your diary hun
Merry Friday to you

Mumma K said:
Found and subscribed as recommended by Becky :D
but I see you have two diaries so shall have to check that
out as well
Hello Minky hope its okay to pop by and say hello would be rude
to just read and say nowt .....
So I am now off to read your diary hun
Merry Friday to you

Hey Mumma K! Welcome to my little world :) feel free to stop by at any point and any help would always be appreciated :D Merry Friday to you too! Xx

After much deliberating I have decided that on Tuesday I am going to join back up to class. Now I'm not sure if it will be for good, or just a couple of weeks to get my head back in it (not that it's out or anything but just to physically talk SW with people and *see* others weight losses iykwim!)
One just up the road from me does classes on a Tuesday at 7pm and as I am playing badminton on Wednesday rather than usual Tuesday I thought why the hell not just swan along and get the new books and an official WI.
Now to plan how I can wow them with great losses :D xxx

good luck :)

After much deliberating I have decided that on Tuesday I am going to join back up to class. Now I'm not sure if it will be for good, or just a couple of weeks to get my head back in it (not that it's out or anything but just to physically talk SW with people and *see* others weight losses iykwim!)
One just up the road from me does classes on a Tuesday at 7pm and as I am playing badminton on Wednesday rather than usual Tuesday I thought why the hell not just swan along and get the new books and an official WI.
Now to plan how I can wow them with great losses :D xxx

Ooooh which one are you going to?

You will deffo wow them, you have some fab losses chick :)
x

Back