MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Ooooooh myyyyyyy goooooooooood.
I am so freaking tired today! :4635:

What a crappy nights sleep I had last night (mega awful tooth ache with my wisdom tooth) and as such was up throughout the night and taking tramadol to try and combat it. All it has done is left me feeling a bit high, sleepy and sicky. Which is AWESOME.... nooooooooot!

Anywho, I have come on here to attempt to wake myself up and tell you all about a couple of fab bargains (if you like chocolate that is :drool:)
Tescos are doing boxes of Mikado for a squid and Choccie Philli for half price, small pots for 81p! I got some white chocolate and hazlenut Mikkies this morning and the choc philli yesterday so I am good for a couple of days :D

Eurgh I can't be bothered to be at work, I know thats bad but I just need to get some decent sleep. Tonight I will be cooking a dead quick veggie curry called Khumbi Curry. Its on the SW website and looks nice - its a mushroom curry but I am going to add some quorn chicken to it as well. Can't say no to a nice curry recipe! Just not sure what to have with it? Dont think I want rice as I ALWAYS have rice n curry, want something superfree preferably or just something syn free and yummy....?

Thinking caps on!!

How about greens beans frylighted with black mustard seeds (but blanch the beans first)? Or kale/spinach stir fried with similar seeds and GARLIC. And roasted BNS chips with little bit of chilli on them too?

How about greens beans frylighted with black mustard seeds (but blanch the beans first)? Or kale/spinach stir fried with similar seeds and GARLIC. And roasted BNS chips with little bit of chilli on them too?
We have a winner! Just because I am shattered and need something easy to do with the super easy curry I am going to go with BNS chippies and garlic spinach. Sweeet! xx

Bombay Aloo! Ooh ooh ooh, or tarka dahl!
Just googled the recipe for these as I dont have them and I am going to do a curry feast which will have these in, probably this weekend.... BH Monday maybe... ? Thank you! xx

Thank you sweetie! Can't wait to drop another stone and take me into the 13's and hopefully another dress size down! Xx

I'll hopefully be going down there with you- :D similar weights! x

Personally, fry onions, add garlic at this point (the true tarka dahl has garlicky, spiced ghee/butter added towards the end of cooking but that's a NONO in our world of healthy eating ;)) and spices (turmeric, cumin, bit of coriander and towards the end garam masala) Red lentils, water... cook. EAT. Nice with a dollop of yoghurt on top too. Sometimes i pop in some tomatoes or chilli...But I like it quite plain and smokey - it compliments the heat of the curry :D There's quite a good recipe in the SW curry book and I thnk they do add frylighted spices at the end of the cooking but I don't like spices fried in frylight - it just doesn't do them justice!

GinMummy said:
Personally, fry onions, add garlic at this point (the true tarka dahl has garlicky, spiced ghee/butter added towards the end of cooking but that's a NONO in our world of healthy eating ;)) and spices (turmeric, cumin, bit of coriander and towards the end garam masala) Red lentils, water... cook. EAT. Nice with a dollop of yoghurt on top too. Sometimes i pop in some tomatoes or chilli...But I like it quite plain and smokey - it compliments the heat of the curry :D There's quite a good recipe in the SW curry book and I thnk they do add frylighted spices at the end of the cooking but I don't like spices fried in frylight - it just doesn't do them justice!

Recipe noted and will be getting cooked up on Monday woo! I love a curry and all the little extras to have with it. Still need to find a replacement for naan..... Xx

Back