MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Minx

Rice - get basmati! If it's brown fill pan with water and bring to boil. Put in rice. Cook for time it says on pack. It's quite hard to kill brown rice. You can undercook it (yuk) but test it to check ;)

White basmati - get saucepan with a lid that fits. Put rice in pan (rinse it first in a sieve) and level it out. Put enough cold water in to cover it and you should see about a centimetre of water above the rice. You'll get the hang of how mush once you've cooked it a couple of times. You don't want too much water as it will go soggy. Put lid on and bring to the boil. As soon as it comes to the boil turn the heat right down to lowest simmer. Don't touch the lid, just leave it to cook. Leave like that for about 8-10 minutes, depending on how low your lowest simmer is. The turn off heat and ignore it for another 5-10 mins depending on how hungry you are. Eat.

I love rice. I always failed cooking it until I discovered this method :) Easy cook long grain won't work like this, that just needs lots of boiling water and a good timer! I have a gas cooker which doesn't have a low simmer (!) but I bought a basic diffuser and it sits under the pan and works brilliantly.

I hate eggs so I know zip about omelettes EXCEPT that if you seperate the yolks and the whites and whisk the whites before you gently mix it together you will get a big fluffy souffle style omelette. Oh, and cook the bottom in the frying pan but then place it under the grill to cook the top. Simples....:bliss:

HTH's xxxx
I'm just not a very good rice cooker! Never have been. Can cook pretty much anything and cook it well but rice, oh no, that's a different story!! I get the boy to do it as he seems to get it perfect every time, soaks it and rinses it n stuff - far too much faff for me. So its either he does it, or I buy ping rice! :D but thank you for your tips - I will have to experiment! xxx
I'll let you have the bleugh, but imagine if you were still carrying the 8.5 stone?

Your far from being fat! Your BMI is all but in the normal range?
I know it may sound strange, but there are days when you just feel like a little heffer! And my brain still needs to understand that I have lost the 8.5 stone. I can look in the mirror some days and still see me as being as big as I was which is nuts but true. Think I just need to drink some water and maybe that will help with bloating? If that's whats wrong anyway!! xx

Minky your mini quiches, how many eggs etc do you use? :) xx

3 eggs, half a tub of cottage cheese, veg as little or as much as I have in :) xx

Thaanks! Just wrote my full weeks plan and thought I'd give them a whirl xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know it may sound strange, but there are days when you just feel like a little heffer! And my brain still needs to understand that I have lost the 8.5 stone. I can look in the mirror some days and still see me as being as big as I was which is nuts but true. Think I just need to drink some water and maybe that will help with bloating? If that's whats wrong anyway!! xx[/QUOTE]

8.5 stone Minks!!!! AWESOME :D

Dinner a bit late tonight after going to the pub for a few diet cokes. Was simple but nice.
image-1315917467.jpg

Topped with HexA cheddar. Want something sweet now of course. Not going to. Getting sleepy and need to get me head down. Bliss.

Sweet dreams everyone xxx

Morning! That looks like my kind of meal :) do I spy courgettes in there? Ages since I've had them.
How are you feeling now?? Hope you're over the worst of it!!
Do you have anything nice planned for this weekend??

mrstore said:
Morning! That looks like my kind of meal :) do I spy courgettes in there? Ages since I've had them.
How are you feeling now?? Hope you're over the worst of it!!
Do you have anything nice planned for this weekend??

Indeed it is courgette. I never used to like them but they are pretty much staple veg now and get chucked into loads of things. Whether they go in chunky, grated or roasted chunks!

I'm not feeling too bad at the moment, swallowing hurts a lot and talking too (certain words really hurt, anything with a D in it for some reason?!) Random coughing fits that burn - which is always quite nice! :D but yeah, much better!

Plans for weekend, chill today, bit of pampering. Then being picked up at 4 by the boys best mate and going for a drink for his birthday. Little does he know that his girlfriend is throwing a surprise birthday party and we are the distraction till 7:30 and then we have to take him there. So birthday party tonight.
Tomorrow, eat, sleep, bit of work, movie, eat, sleep. Yeah, sounds a plan ;) xx

MinkyDinky said:
Indeed it is courgette. I never used to like them but they are pretty much staple veg now and get chucked into loads of things. Whether they go in chunky, grated or roasted chunks!

I'm not feeling too bad at the moment, swallowing hurts a lot and talking too (certain words really hurt, anything with a D in it for some reason?!) Random coughing fits that burn - which is always quite nice! :D but yeah, much better!

Plans for weekend, chill today, bit of pampering. Then being picked up at 4 by the boys best mate and going for a drink for his birthday. Little does he know that his girlfriend is throwing a surprise birthday party and we are the distraction till 7:30 and then we have to take him there. So birthday party tonight.
Tomorrow, eat, sleep, bit of work, movie, eat, sleep. Yeah, sounds a plan ;) xx

Sounds perfect!! :) does he not know anything about the surprise party?? I wouldn't be able to keep anything like that quiet I'm afraid! Lol. Hope you have a fab time!!!

He knows nothing of it. Just gotta try and keep
The Boy quiet about it later when we go for a drink! He gets loose lipped after a beer, bless him.

Just chilling on the sofa with a chops at the mo and really need to put some form of food plan into action.

*think* I'll have the following

Breakfast - HexB of coco shreddies topped with orange n choc mullerlight, dash of milk to 'thin' it out. Allow 3 syns and will measure out. Fruit pack I was meant to have yesterday for lunch!

Lunch - leftover pasta or carbonara - I will bloddy have this!!! With asparagus.

Dinner - buffet food. Hope that there are some SW friendly foods and if not then I'll just eat when I get home.

MinkyDinky said:
He knows nothing of it. Just gotta try and keep
The Boy quiet about it later when we go for a drink! He gets loose lipped after a beer, bless him.

Just chilling on the sofa with a chops at the mo and really need to put some form of food plan into action.

*think* I'll have the following

Breakfast - HexB of coco shreddies topped with orange n choc mullerlight, dash of milk to 'thin' it out. Allow 3 syns and will measure out. Fruit pack I was meant to have yesterday for lunch!

Lunch - leftover pasta or carbonara - I will bloddy have this!!! With asparagus.

Dinner - buffet food. Hope that there are some SW friendly foods and if not then I'll just eat when I get home.

Excuse me if I'm being thick but 'chilling on the sofa with a chops'??? Lol.

mrstore said:
Excuse me if I'm being thick but 'chilling on the sofa with a chops'??? Lol.

Ha ha!! Autocorrect or just not paying attention :) cuppa it was meant to say!

Can't have my 3 syns of milk in my cereal as the boy has used it all! Noooooooooo! Let's see how it goes with just yogurt ay!

MinkyDinky said:
Ha ha!! Autocorrect or just not paying attention :) cuppa it was meant to say!

Can't have my 3 syns of milk in my cereal as the boy has used it all! Noooooooooo! Let's see how it goes with just yogurt ay!

Lol, I couldn't think of another word that it could have been. I sometimes mix my porridge oats in with a yogurt, stodgy but filling!!

Arctic-BNG said:
Porridge with yoghurt and frozen berries!

It's the way to go!

I like this, have frozen berries in so may indulge this week!

Breakfast was pleasantly nice, left the cereal to soften for 5 mins and munched happily. Although it was a vanilla n choc not an orange one as I had that yesterday and forgot!

image-2250224390.jpg

I bought the choc orange shreddies last night :D will let you know how they are when I have them!

xJoanneJJx said:
I bought the choc orange shreddies last night :D will let you know how they are when I have them!

Please do! I really like the coco ones. Think if I got the plain ones I'd want sugar on them so the choc ones give me the sweetness (that I'm so in need of!!) xx

Morning minks hope u have a good day and enjoy ur party tonight! I do love a good surprise! Xx

Please do! I really like the coco ones. Think if I got the plain ones I'd want sugar on them so the choc ones give me the sweetness (that I'm so in need of!!) xx

Me too! Plain cereal just does nothing for me (hence why I'm here ;) ) have a good time tonight! Xx

Back