MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

wow! that looks a sore one!??

personally, i think i'd pop it and make sure it was clean to avoid any nasty germs getting in - if you manage to make it out the shower without it bursting itself, you wouldn't want it popping all over the place?

hope it gets better soon tho! x

Don't pop it! If it goes by itself then that's fair enough but you shouldn't pop a blister as it makes it much more susceptible to infection. Leave it alone and get yourself to a walk in clinic or at least call NHS direct. That looks really nasty and if it gets infested it could leave a nasty scar. X

Oh no :( I'm all panicked now. I've not popped it and I won't. I would just feel silly sitting at the walk in, guaranteed for hours, only to say dunno what this is on my arm... Do you think I should just monitor for another 24 hours?

0845 4647 is the number for NHS direct. Give them a call and speak to someone. I suppose if it isn't hurting you or getting bigger by the minute then going to a walk in might be overkill at this stage seeing as it is Easter Sunday. But you definitely need to go to a doctor on Tuesday. Didn't mean to panic you! You'll be fine!

Blimey Minks that looks sore but a perfectly formed blister. How weird. Do you have any antihistamines in like piriton? If it is a bite that might help x

Oh no :( I'm all panicked now. I've not popped it and I won't. I would just feel silly sitting at the walk in, guaranteed for hours, only to say dunno what this is on my arm... Do you think I should just monitor for another 24 hours?

Sorry if it panicked you, it's not meant to! Giving them a ring won't hurt and they'll advise you of the best treatment :) it won't be anything bad but best to get the proper advice before you do anything to it xx

The pharmacy at gossops green is open from 3-5 today so maybe ask the pharmacist? Saves you waiting at walk in centre!xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ha! No the bath was completely dry and we don't have radiators in the flat, just storage heaters and not beside the bed or anything (not that they are ever on!). It absolutely kills. And the blister is getting bigger :(

View attachment 84527

The boy and I are both so confused!

Emsie - the cheesecake was beautiful. It had cherry 'blobs' throughout the top and flakes almonds over the top of it. It was from Iceland and I think it was only like £2? Didn't even look at the packaging for syns!

Curry was lovely. Had chicken dhansak, cauliflower bhaji, onion rice and chicken tikka pieces. mini naan bread on the side too. So syns weren't hugely high as it was half portions of everything.

View attachment 84528

Still have half pots left over for tea tomorrow.

Going to the boys mums for Sunday roast tomorrow, another meal out of my control. Pah. Ah well, 9 stone shiny the following week :D xx

I would definitely go and get that checked!looks scarily like the spider bite photos. I'm sure it'll be easy to treat and everything so don't panic about it!

Ive had the cherry bake well cheesecake from Iceland, many moons ago before slimming world! It tastes amazing from what I remember x

Don't pop it! Someone in my office used a needle to pop a burn and it ended up infected. It left him with really low potassium levels and doc advised him to take supplements and take it easy or a few days.

Hey minks, happy Easter. Glad your ARM is less sensitive to the touch. I think taking some antihistamines is quite a good idea.

Personally I am naughty and I sterilized a pin, drain my blister, pop on some antiseptic and keep it clean. If it is on my foot I use a light bandage or a plaster. This is because I'm clumsy as hell and otherwise I will just knock it and it'll burst when I can't clean it up, or knowing me knock it open on something rusty or green. Haha. If you can keep it in tact then definitely do.

Hope the MIL didn't butter you up too much ;)

Morning all, I still have my arm in tact :D blister is pretty mega today and I didn't get it looked at yesterday because I was at the in laws until nearly 8pm. Popping to the pharmacy at tesco in a bit and see if they have an opinion.

Food wasn't horrendous yesterday, although wasn't tip top. Had roast pork, roast potatoes (done in that flora cuisine stuff - no frylight but at least it wasn't goose fat like normal!), roasted veggies (no oil) and yorkies. Pudding a piece of lemon meringue pie and cream. About 9pm I had some leftover rice (1/4 a take away portion) and 2 pieces of chicken and dhansak sauce. It fit on a sandwich plate. And that was all I ate yesterday.

image-1346154944.jpg

No HexA or HexB but I had eaten enough (although I didn't have any breakfast whoops!)

Today is better planned yay! And glad because I feel super bunged up and can't go to the loo so being on plan should help.

Breakfast - mushroom and cheese omelette
Lunch - curried parsnip and apple soup 1/2 syn
Dinner - Burmese chicken and coconut kaukswe curry 1 syn

And I need pineapple! Been craving for days now so I must get some when I go to tesco. Will have pineapple, mango and passionfruit salad to go with my soup xx

Oh, let me know how dinner is. I'm doing the yakitore tonight.

Re the loo, upping fluid in take might help flush things out.

Glad the roasties weren't in goose fat. Sounds like you have progress :)

Will do Hun, can't wait to try it because it's served with noodles and I love them. Got coconut milk in a raffle the other week but it only calls for 100mls, hoping to either make another dish from the Asia book in the week that needs it or find a soup recipe that does. Although I'm loving the look of the Sri lankan tamarind and coconut dhal.
The yakitori looks nice too, you'll have to let me know what that's like.

Roasties to be fair were barely roasted, think she had too many in the pan so didn't get covered in the flora stuff - sorta half roast half mash :D xx

Back