MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Evening all, hope you've had a great bank holiday. Weigh day and all the alcohol, hot cross buns and chocolate have taken pride of place on my tummy! 3lbs up.

Seen family, seen friends, and today went clothes shopping for my holiday.

Dinner was lovely

1398113400471.jpg

Got all of tomorrows food planned/prepped.
B - kedge 1 syn
L - ham and egg salad w/ new potatoes and some leftover veg chucked in
D - chicken korma, rice, maybe make some bombay pots, onion bhajis or pakoras as sides instead of a naan
Snacks - 2 alpen lights hexb, fruit salad (grapes, strawberries, banana) and muller greek 0.5 syns

Good day planned and mainly to beat the bloat.

Enjoy the last of the bank hol! Xxx

Happy Tuesday :)

Love skipping Monday morning blues.

Brekkie

1398153760552.jpg

The office loved the smell of smoked haddock :D

I'm really looking forward to all my eats today, it also reminds me of how much yummy food you can eat for little or no syns.

Roll on lunch time!

Jeez, eat a bit of fish and the whole office gets all dramatic!

"did you smell that fish this morning?"
"yeah, and she had the window open"
"lets hope she doesn't have any more this week"
"ewww I hate fish"

And on, and on, and on they go.

Its fish FFS, I didn't bring a bag of manure in did I?! blinking drama queens.

Makes me want to have it for the next three days. And have Tuna for lunch. Maybe some eggs. Or something garlicky.

Give 'em something to really moan about!

Meant to ask, Minks, which grocer did you go to? Was it Taj? I love their fruit and veg - it's amazing! Haven't tried the meat yet but sounds like the mutton was delish. Might have to venture in this weekend xx

Jeez, eat a bit of fish and the whole office gets all dramatic!

"did you smell that fish this morning?"
"yeah, and she had the window open"
"lets hope she doesn't have any more this week"
"ewww I hate fish"

And on, and on, and on they go.

Its fish FFS, I didn't bring a bag of manure in did I?! blinking drama queens.

Makes me want to have it for the next three days. And have Tuna for lunch. Maybe some eggs. Or something garlicky.

Give 'em something to really moan about!

Hiya hun. I had almost the same situation as this in work ages ago. I'd made a fish pie with smoked haddock in and had taken some leftovers for lunch...I not only had loads of comments about how much the fish smelled, but I also had to deal with a vegetarian who sat down opposite me and kept gagging, and another member of staff who told me I shouldn't be eating dyed haddock as it's not good for your health.

While I wish I'd been able to come up with a smart response to all of them, what I actually did was empty my lunch into the food bin and go to the toilet to cry! :eek:

Such a shame that people feel the need to pass comment on other people's food. I've never taken fish pie to work since :( xx

Meant to ask, Minks, which grocer did you go to? Was it Taj? I love their fruit and veg - it's amazing! Haven't tried the meat yet but sounds like the mutton was delish. Might have to venture in this weekend xx
Hello lovely, it was indeed taj! I picked up some right strange stuff from there and I'm going to make it a standard once a month thing to go buy something new and cook it! Xx
Yay, be a devil & have something garlicky, I'll post you some of my garlic paste from the Asian shop, that'll get em talking!!!!!!!!!!
I'm cooking curry at the mo and thought about taking that in... but I also bought smoked mackerel fillets earlier... hmmm :D xx
Hahaha tell them to take a chill pill!
Look DEEEELISH! maybe offer them some!
Xxx
They can screw off if they think I'll waste it on them the moany gets! Xx
Hiya hun. I had almost the same situation as this in work ages ago. I'd made a fish pie with smoked haddock in and had taken some leftovers for lunch...I not only had loads of comments about how much the fish smelled, but I also had to deal with a vegetarian who sat down opposite me and kept gagging, and another member of staff who told me I shouldn't be eating dyed haddock as it's not good for your health.

While I wish I'd been able to come up with a smart response to all of them, what I actually did was empty my lunch into the food bin and go to the toilet to cry! :eek:

Such a shame that people feel the need to pass comment on other people's food. I've never taken fish pie to work since :( xx
Wow! How rude can some people be?? I thought my lot were bad but flippin' 'eck! I'd have told the veggie to do one and if she was going to gag do it in the appropriate place, like the toilet out of your view. And stay there. For good.
But then you're clearly far more polite than I :( bless you hun. Do you still work for them? I hope that you have some much nicer colleagues now if you do! Xx

Not actually stopped!

That'll teach me for wanting to cook stuff that takes time. But boy does the flat smell beaut! Nearly ready? All of about 5 mins. Done onion fried pilau rice (0.5 syn for half a tsp lighter lurpak each), syn free bhajis (just sampled, drool!), roast cumin amd garlic cauli and chicken and mushroom korma from the mag last month.

For afters I have made white choc options quark/ff fromage frais, currently got small cubes of strawberries freezing and when mixed together fingers crossed they make like an icecream thingy.

Syns so far - 1.5 butter in kedge/curry rice, 0.5 muller greek, and half a b choice. Haven't had my HexA whoops! Will probably have my other half HexB after dins in the form of another alpen light.

Happy days!!

Hello lovely, it was indeed taj! I picked up some right strange stuff from there and I'm going to make it a standard once a month thing to go buy something new and cook it! Xx

I'm cooking curry at the mo and thought about taking that in... but I also bought smoked mackerel fillets earlier... hmmm :D xx

They can screw off if they think I'll waste it on them the moany gets! Xx

Wow! How rude can some people be?? I thought my lot were bad but flippin' 'eck! I'd have told the veggie to do one and if she was going to gag do it in the appropriate place, like the toilet out of your view. And stay there. For good.
But then you're clearly far more polite than I :( bless you hun. Do you still work for them? I hope that you have some much nicer colleagues now if you do! Xx

I do still work with them, although the veggie has moved on to somewhere else thankfully :rolleyes: I think they realised they'd upset me by harping on and on about it, so they haven't said anything since! :) xx

Back