MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Morning all. Hope you had a great weekend. My sunday was mainly spent relaxing with the boy after having another super lie in session. Food was awesome :

Green day
B : banana. Then couple of hours later mugshot and velvet crunch for 4 syns
1398665607133.jpg

Late lunch pizza and yogurt. HexA and hexb. 1 syn for pesto
1398665696979.jpg

D : linda Mccartney roar sausages, veggies, garlic n herb smash
1398665764946.jpg

Then pud/tea time snack
1398665799649.jpg
Second B, 2 syns. And total 7 for the day.

Weighed, 4 off. So in theory thats 1lb over 2 weeks. Still a very good maintainer!

Todays plan is... there is no plan. I wanted to get a shed load of food prep done this morning and then maybe catch up with some work but the boy is off sick today. Really frustrating. I know he can't "help" it but I was really looking forward to having no one about and just getting on with **** and not talking. Make sense? Sometimes you just need time alone y'know?
Anyway. So instead I'm sulking in bed right now and he is sulking in the living room cause I kinda brushed him off and didn't care.
Might get on and pop out for some food bits and still do food prep. I can't have a day of nothing tho, been far too lazy and chilled this weekend I NEED to do something.

Oh and food!
EE day.

B - kedge (small portion so I'm only coubting 0.5 syn) and banana
L - steak. Possibly salad, more likely just fried mushrooms
D - goat curry
Need to work out snacks/syns and superfree. No doubt I can get some in tge curry.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about just having a day to yourself! That's what I had yesterday and was so surprisingly productive! I mean, I love robbie and all, but I also love it when he goes away and I have the house to myself! Haha.
Hopefully you will still be able to do some preppage?! If he's ill maybe he will keep himself to himself in the lounge/bedroom and allow you some minks kitchen time!!
Just make sure you enjoy your day off!! That's the main thing!! :) xxx

Bob irritates me when he is on 'middles' as he gets up in the morning when I do & he faffs around in the kitchen & just gets under my feet, hopefully 'the boy' will fall asleep & you can pretend he isn't there!!!

Yesterday's pizza looks so yummy, I did have a quick look for the wraps yesterday couldn't see them but didn't try hard either!

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Felt like such a selfish rant. He's feeling sorry for himself and I caved and made him some soup. So we are currently having snuggles on the sofa watching the original The Thing (which I love!). Made up a marinade for my goat and got that all mixed in with the meat to go in the slow cooker later. Too excited.
Had my kedge but doubled up on portion so 1 syn and topped with a runny poached egg...

1398673709043.jpg

Stuffed right now. So lunch won't really be lunch like I planned, i'll just have some fruit after I've have been to the shops to pick up some goodies.

Maybe not as productive as I'd hoped today but hey ho!

Morning minks! Breakfast looks lovely. I know what you mean about needing time on your own was just in the shower relishing my five minutes alone and OH walked into chat with me. Grrr I was a bit short with him and I think he got the message!

I do love me a poached egg! And they are super quick to make.

Have just sat down to have something to pick at while dinner finishes off in the slow cooker (there was quite a lot of prep and frying off/blending sauces)

1398690051754.jpg

I also decided to add my HexA cheddar. Yumyum!
Nipped to lidl and iceland because I needed limes and coriander. Came home with some fruit and interesting buys...

1398690116179.jpg1398690124823.jpg1398690132239.jpg

Uh-huh. Thats kangaroo steaks right there. Well excited to try them!!
Has anyone cooked them before? Xxx

Lidl/Iceland combo? Someone's had a mosey to Three Bridges ;)

I've never tried Roo - definitely would though. I had ostrich in South Africa and that was amazing! I kinda imagine it might be rich in the same way?

Wanting to go to Taj for goat too but Dave is away this weekend so will have to wait 'til the weekend after for a goaty feast! Dave's sister used to make a Valentine Warner recipe which I think was called Carnival Curry Goat - it was literally a taste senstation!! xx

I did indeed take a mosey down to Three Bridges! They are doing the roo for £3.99 in lidl 'while stocks last' so thought why not!
Will google that curry and see if I can find it. For next time ;)

A few of you have had it then! Its one of those meats that I've always wanted to try along with ostrich.

The salmon fillets were only 2.50 too so thought that was a bargain. They had smoked cod fillets... might have to go back for them!

Wow. This was such a bloody tasty curry.

1398710920874.jpg

I had marinaded the goat in spices that I was going to then add Jamaican spices but I went with indian and this was a goat version of saagwala. I'd make this again with chicken too. There is a spimach/coriander/chilli/lime paste that you make and add toward the end :

1398711081722.jpg

I'd even make this to have as a salsa verde for steak. It was heavenly.

Happy tummys all round.

Back