Mino's refeed meals

Minotaurus

I decided to make a diary here for my refeed week as opposed to just putting them in my weightloss diary.

Makes more sense to have them here I think so people can see the possibilities.

Day one:
Summer fruits for breakfast and orange crème for lunch.

I went for the salad and about 5 oz of quorn for dinner. I'm really not a green leaf person but I tried, the tiny bit of balsamic didn't help that much. I ate most of it though despite gaggung several times. I figured it would be cooked green veg from there on out.
food1.jpg

Day two:
Orange crème for breakfast.

For lunch I had about 2 heaped tablespoons(30 grams or so) of french beans with a teaspoon of balsamic. I figured I can have in on the equivalent amount of salad so why not. I also grilled some tofu (about 5oz) and put a bit of pepper on it. That was lively and I finished every bit.
Food2.jpg

For dinner I got some of the quorn bacon which is actually less carbs than tofu and the quorn plain fillets, couldn't believe it. So I took some of that and weighed a single egg white till I got about 6oz, the max allowed. Egg whites are the other option for veges instead of quorn and tofu with less than a gram of carbs per 100g if I'm remembering that right. I put a little pepper in the egg white and nuked it in the microwave for about 40 seconds after putting the bacon on the grill (no oil, no nothing). So that was my portion of protein and I made the green beans the same way again.
food3.jpg

Thanks for reading, and hope no one sees something I should not be eating on refeed, I followed a combo of pharmacist advice and the literature.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using MiniMins

Day three:
Had a maintenance bar this morning for breakfast.

For lunch I had a mix of protein to a total of 6oz. Quorn, tofu and frankfurter TVP. The frankfurter cocktail sausages are deliious and almost the same carbs as tou, maybe a gram over, around the same as quorn. Super stuff. Had my french beans as the veg again but with no balsamic this time.

food4.jpg

I can have a potato today, so I'll be having it with dinner. Not sure what I'll make for dinner though. Maybe vege bacon and scrambled egg white. I have more tofu, but it's basil flavoured and contains olive oil so I'm not sure it's ok. I shall leave it till next week I think.

Day three:
I know there haven't been any replies but I still hope this helps the veges and perhaps a non vege or two to get an idea of what refeed can be like.
For dinner I could have my first bit of proper carbs. An 8oz potato. I hadn't got one that size so I mixed two that totalled slightly under the weight allowed. Again with the green beans and balsamic as I bought a bag of them and I'd rather use them up than waste them. I mixed up my proteins again to about 5oz of it. 50g of scrambled whites 50g of quorn and 50g of some tvp sausage. It was pepperoni flavour and I picked it up from the health foid store where I get my tofu. It had more or less the same stats as tofu, so I figured it was good.

I put the potatoes in the oven for about an hour an 10 mins with some sprigs of fresh rosemary fom the garden. It was a bit dry but still really nice.

food5.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Day four:

Woooo, things open up. Breads pastas etc are no longer off the menu. I might make the pasta suggestion in a few days, we'll see.

I had the sandwich option with a side salad for lunch. I went for the weight watchers wholemeal pita bread instead of some sliced bread and in it I put a quorn burger with some of my salad of lettuce and beetroot. It was gorgeous. I decided to keep the protein at the same amount as the literature is getting less concise as the days go on, so I guess it wants me to assume the same. I made up the extra protein gap with some basil tofu that I've never tried before but it was lovely both raw and grilled. I put the tofu in with my side salad of lettuce beetroot and a little sweetcorn on top.

food6.jpg

Dinner later.....

Day four:

For dinner today with the options opened up I went a little jazzy.

I had the rest of my basil tofu with some mushrooms with chopped red pepper inside it. I tried half a cherry tomato in one instead to see the difference and I think I prefered the tomato one. I had 6 new potatoes just boiled too. The mushrooms I just roasted in the oven with no oil. The mashed stuff on the side is a roasted bulb of garlic. They said any veg so I went with it :). I normally roast my garlic like that with some olive oil poured over it, but I avoided any oils today. Was a lovely dinner, could eat that any day of the week no problem.

food7.jpg

Hi - this all looks good. Let me know if you lose or maintain?

According to my own scales which always read a few pounds heavier than the pharmacist's before I walked down to be weighed, I'm still loosing at the same rate I was. But all day yesterday it was showing me as 4 lbs lighter than last Monday. I dunno really, it's a tiny bit different every few hours that scales.

Day five:
For breakfast I had a maintenance bar.
For lunch I just had a fake ham sandwich in between some brown bread and dry. It was so boring and just looked like any school sandwich that I didn't bother doing a photo of it.

For dinner I had the pasta example. It was 4oz of wholewheat farfella rather than plain whit spaghetti with some weight watchers bolognese sauce. We were cooking for 5 so we padded out the sauce with french beans and passata. Quorn mince was used and we just simmered it in the sauce rather than cooking it in the pan with a bit of oil. It was quite nice and I had a weight watchers yoghurt for dessert after.

food8.jpg

Day six:
Again for breakfast I had a maintenance bar.
For lunch I went for a wholemeal pita sandwich with a quorn burger, rocket, baby gem, 6 mushroom stalks and a teaspoon of jalapeño relish. The mushrooms I baked in the oven with half a baby tomato in each one and some pepper. Normally I would put a tiny bit of oil on them to help bake, but I'm avoiding oil during refeed.

food9.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Thank you so much for putting these pictures up, it really does show yuou can still eat after LT healthily and still lose weight! im a quorn lover too so will defo pinch a few ideas in 3.5 weeks time and counting.lol :) xx

Day six:

Didn't get a chance to upload dunner yesterday due to visitors. Still managed a photo though. I realized that 4oz (113g) of cooked pasta is too much for a dinner for me really, so I would recommend less than that as a portion size.

I made a pasta sauce with some quorn chicken pieces and green beans and just simmered the lot to cook it without oil. I made some wholewheat Penn but it was too much to finish. Managed about 70% of it and I ate all the protein. I had a lowfat aldi yoghurt afterwards.

food10.jpg

Day seven:

For breakfast I had a summer fruits maintenace shake.

I then had a walk down to the pharmacy for my final weigh in and I've lost 1 and a half pounds. I'm happy with that especially asxmy pharmacist was insisting quorn and tofu are a no no due to the carbs in them. They have much less carbs than the maintenance products so I dunno what the issue was.
So with that weight loss and still another day to go I am pretty happy.

For lunch I decide to start downing my portion sizes early. I just can't handle the large portion sizes of the refeed.
My GP told me to switch my brown bread to small brown soda bread which is fine by me as it's lovely. I made some tapenade and sun dried tomato pesto from scratch but I didn't add the olive oil that I normally do. I normally add about 3 tbsps of olive oil to each mix but I'm worried about the calories in the short term even if it is a healthy oil.

So I put a little tapenade on one and some pesto on the other. I grilled a single qourn fillet and chopped it up for the filling. Now this is more like it in terms of portion size.
food11.jpg

No idea what I'm makung for dinner. Probably a vege version of meat and 2 veg as I've had pasta the pasta 2 days. Although that being said, I have sauce I don't want to go to waste. Final refeed post later today hopefully.

Thanks for reading.

The meals all look great! How many weeks on Lipotrim did you start your refeed? x

I started lipotrim on Jan 10th. I wanted a kick start to my healthy eating an exercise. My GP said it was a great idea and do it for a month or so to get the lead I wanted.

Day seven:
For dinner I went the curry route. I measured out everything according to one person's recommended portion size and I still was feeling full by the end. The best thing about this dinner is that it was 420 calories not including the sprouts which is on the low end for a dinner. I'm so surprised that brown rice isn't really calorific at all. Anyway, it was brown rice, quorn chicken pieces, some chopped onion, a mince garlic clove, half a chopped red chilli, half a tin of tomatoes and various spices(corriander cumin, garam masala etc.). I did use two teaspoons of olive oil which is 80 calories(eeek) but even after adding that to everything I was still surprised.

food12.jpg

I was expecting around 600 calories but yep it's around 420. No idea how many calories are in sprouts but I'll check later. Very happy.

Well, this ends my first experience with Lipotrim. Thanks for reading.

Back