• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mint choc shake

I have read that some people use the peppermint tea to make their mint/choc shakes. Mint/choc sounded lovely but I cannot stand tea in any shape or form so I have cheated and not been thrown out of ketosis. I bought a bottle of Peppermint essence and add a few drops to the shake and mmmm it is lovely, it is made with vegatable oil and pure peppermint but you only need a few drops.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Great idea about the essence, i tried adding peppermint tea to my chocolate shake and quite literally got sick!! Im not too keen in the chocolate shakes anyway but i will give it ago!
Thanks Debbie :D

To me when I add the peppermint tea to my shake I can't taste the tea at all, just tastes minty *shrug*

You can make the shakes hot or cold, I also have vanilla with coffee hot, choc with coffee hot and I also have half choc half vanilla hot or cold. I have only tried the choc/mint cold but going to have a hot one tonight.

I can't taste the tea/leafy bit either when I make it. I love it! But I might try that peppermint essence anyways. just for handiness sakes. Can we definitely have it?

I also like making the shakes with pmint tea because its good for the digestion too.

if we can use peppermint essence what about orange essence chocolate orange shake mmmmm!!!!

I dont know if they are allowed but you are only using a few drops and it hasn't taken me out of ketosis. I thought about looking for an orange one too because it sounds lovely, also might try the banana one with the vanilla.

MorbidBubblewrap

Is thinking positive!
Mingin :p

Wow morbidbubblewrap that's a hell of an achievement! Well done you!

Re/ essences - my knowledge of LT says no, that peppermint might be ok but orange or others not - don't forget we're not supposed to have flower/fruit _teas_ so essences/oils would be worse. Prob due to the acid in flower/fruit I guess... can throw you off ketosis. But I'm def gonna try the mint oil if I can get it! Am in Dublin though no asda... I'll try tesco...

mmm i bought some peppermint essence weeks ago but didnt dare try it incase it took me out of ketosis but i might give it a go now.