Mint choc shake

debbie12slim

Silver Member
I have read that some people use the peppermint tea to make their mint/choc shakes. Mint/choc sounded lovely but I cannot stand tea in any shape or form so I have cheated and not been thrown out of ketosis. I bought a bottle of Peppermint essence and add a few drops to the shake and mmmm it is lovely, it is made with vegatable oil and pure peppermint but you only need a few drops.

that's a brilliant idea... I'm not mad about the peppermint tea either (I hate tea, hate it hate it hate it). Where did you buy the oil?

I bought it in Asda but you can get it anywhere just look in the cake making section. It is in a small miniture bottle and only cost me 52p. Well worth it.

Great idea about the essence, i tried adding peppermint tea to my chocolate shake and quite literally got sick!! Im not too keen in the chocolate shakes anyway but i will give it ago!
Thanks Debbie :D

To me when I add the peppermint tea to my shake I can't taste the tea at all, just tastes minty *shrug*

i like the idea of the mint choc shakes! how do you make the shakes with cold or can you make with hot water?

You can make the shakes hot or cold, I also have vanilla with coffee hot, choc with coffee hot and I also have half choc half vanilla hot or cold. I have only tried the choc/mint cold but going to have a hot one tonight.

I can't taste the tea/leafy bit either when I make it. I love it! But I might try that peppermint essence anyways. just for handiness sakes. Can we definitely have it?

I also like making the shakes with pmint tea because its good for the digestion too.

if we can use peppermint essence what about orange essence chocolate orange shake mmmmm!!!!

I dont know if they are allowed but you are only using a few drops and it hasn't taken me out of ketosis. I thought about looking for an orange one too because it sounds lovely, also might try the banana one with the vanilla.

Mingin :p

Wow morbidbubblewrap that's a hell of an achievement! Well done you!

Re/ essences - my knowledge of LT says no, that peppermint might be ok but orange or others not - don't forget we're not supposed to have flower/fruit _teas_ so essences/oils would be worse. Prob due to the acid in flower/fruit I guess... can throw you off ketosis. But I'm def gonna try the mint oil if I can get it! Am in Dublin though no asda... I'll try tesco...

mmm i bought some peppermint essence weeks ago but didnt dare try it incase it took me out of ketosis but i might give it a go now.

Back