Step 1 Sole Source + Mint & sweeteners

MmmmmWater

I did CWP in 2010 and was allowed tablet sweeteners. My new CWP told me its not allowed. Is this a new thing? Or are we allowed them? Also can I put a few leaves of mint in my tea? This would make my day so much better!

Sorry I did search for sweetener before I posted this but all these other diets like ww came up - so sorry if this topic has been done to death, which I'd imagine it probably has!

It is allowed. Not sure why she said that. Tablet sweeteners only - not the powdered stuff. And yes, go ahead with the mint leaves! In fact better yet, why not have a nice cup of peppermint tea (I'm living off the stuff at the mo :)).

Incidentally, all teas are now allowed - even fruit teas (just keep an eye on the calorie counts to make sure there isn't any added sugar).

Thanks Lily you're a star! Black loose tea with mint and sweetener is my faaavourite I'm very excited about being able to have it again! :)

It is allowed. Not sure why she said that. Tablet sweeteners only - not the powdered stuff. And yes, go ahead with the mint leaves! In fact better yet, why not have a nice cup of peppermint tea (I'm living off the stuff at the mo :)).

Incidentally, all teas are now allowed - even fruit teas (just keep an eye on the calorie counts to make sure there isn't any added sugar).

So we can have fruit herbal teas?!

Lealou1 said:
So we can have fruit herbal teas?!

Yes! Rules changed about last June, I believe. :)

im so happy to read this as i didnt think i could have my fruit teas !!! thanks!!! :553:

You definitely can. Promise. :) They changed the rules last year.

If your CWPC says you can't, tell her to look in the June 2012 version of the Cambridge Weight Plan book. :D

Last edited:
Just seen this and remembered! Yay mint tea with Splenda tablets here I come :D

I love fruit teas, but I'm scared of buying the wrong ones incase I knock myself out of ketosis
Anyone use any particular brands or flavours

I love fruit teas, but I'm scared of buying the wrong ones incase I knock myself out of ketosis
Anyone use any particular brands or flavours

I have a fruit tea occasionally, I always have twinnings, generally strawberry/rasperry/blueberry/cranberry sort of varieties. I always feel a bit paranoid about them but the ketostix are always fine after, i never have more than one a day though.

I have a fruit tea occasionally, I always have twinnings, generally strawberry/rasperry/blueberry/cranberry sort of varieties. I always feel a bit paranoid about them but the ketostix are always fine after, i never have more than one a day though.

You're really unlikely to knock yourself out of ketosis. And to be honest, it wouldn't really matter if you did - it's the calorie deficit that makes this diet work, not ketosis. Ketosis may be the thing that keeps you from feeling gnawing hunger. So a better rule of thumb is whether the fruit tea made you hungry. If it doesn't, all will be well. If it does, avoid them.

LeaLou, I take a squizz at the calorie content for reassurance. Most herbal teas say they're less than 2 calories per 100ml (so 4 calories in a mug). Those are all going to be fine - no different to having a cup of coffee (in fact, there are probably slightly more calories in coffee).

Give em a whirl - it all counts towards your water intake!

Yes. :)

There is no real evidence to suggest that fruit or herbal teas interfere with weight loss, which is why the guidelines have been changed.

I can recommend Pukka detox tea..it's aniseed, fennel and cardamom. It's lovely with two sweeteners, brewed for about ten minutes, yum!

Back