mirena coil and weight loss?

Cant find the threads of your coil or cant find the thread you posted?ha, ha. I personally dont think it would make a difference, it was probably just that individual who experienced that. I have a question, did you have a large weight gain after having the coil put in?

I had a mirena coil when I lost 6 stone on LL a couple of years ago.. it never became loose or fell out and still worked properly ... tho did have a bit of break thro bleeding - think that was down to the change in body because of the diet.... lack of food etc...

I know alot of women have problems with the mirena but Im on my second one now and it's the best thing I ever had - period free is just wonderful :D

Hope this helps..

OOOOh I had one of them, it was horrible, it wasnt for contraception, but heavy monthly loss. It certainly didn't agree with me, if anything it made my periods worse. Microwave endometrial ablation did the trick, well my monthly loss isn't as bad as it was, which is good for me.
I did put on weight while I had it, and had terrible migraines as well, so was glad to get rid of it. But everyone is different and it just didn't do the trick for me.

i found a little bit about it last night just by googling it, said somewhere huge weight loss i.e 100lbs + could possibly dislodge the coil or partially move it due to change in pressure on your uterus or something, it is bugging me though as i am not sure where i read it before or who told me lol

i will have to go to the doctors anyway as i am worried. had mirena in three and half years ago, had bleeding on and off for ages then it settled down and i rarely got anything at all....started lipo last year then started to bleed on n off but not very heavy for my weight loss journey, towards the end of my weight loss journey my periods became regular ie once a month and lasted around 5-8 days, i finished tfr last august and sure enough once a month my monthly are there without fail even with the coil in, i thought it may be related to the weight loss but not sure now. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

same experience

Hi Nici
I am having the same experience, breakthrough and more shows. Had a routine smeat last week and practice nurse said this wasn't unusual. As for the coil coming loose well suppose it is possible as some people have lost theirs without knowing it. LETS JUST HOPE THAT WAS IN THE LADIES. ha:) Ha

Back