mirror/photo distortion

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
firstly, i hate myself in photos, i never seem to look the same way i do in mirrors and it makes me wonder what i really look like?!?! does anyone else have this problem??

also i have an L-shaped wardrobe with mirrors on all doors so when i open one door, u can see ur reflection in the other mirror but from around 4 different angles as the mirror reflection is reflected in the opposite mirror, does that make sense? i find that in the 'normal' mirror i look fine and am happy with my shape but when i look in the mirror's reflection, my shape looks weird, i look curvier on one side than the other, its like my body is distorted. it makes me wonder what i really look like to other people. i asked my boyfriend to look in the mirrors with me and tell me which one i resembled more but he couldnt see a difference!

does anyone else find this too??

I find this too!!! Also in different lights , natural light I look worse than I do in artificial light :( its a pain or maybe it's just us?? xx

I have this ALL the time! Especially when im shopping and i will think something looks really nice on in the shop then get home and it looks awful in my mirror at home! My hubby thinks im nuts and says all mirrors are the same but they are so not! I hate it! lol x

I avoid changing room mirrors as they make me look huge - but not as huge and old as the hairdresser's mirror. I have a full length mirror at home set at a complimentary angle... I think however that some of us aren't photogenic and we are always more critical of our own image.

I avoid changing room mirrors as they make me look huge - but not as huge and old as the hairdresser's mirror. I have a full length mirror at home set at a complimentary angle... I think however that some of us aren't photogenic and we are always more critical of our own image.

lol i hate changing rooms and hairdressers mirrors too! you'd think that shops would have the best mirrors they can find to sell their goods, its not going to do their profit margins much good if we can all see our lumpy bits in really bad lighting!

I hate dressing room mirrors and hairdressers mirrors as well, I always look massive!! Doesnt help my hairdressers are all skinny little things, they make me look even bigger!! I am one of those unlucky people who is definatly not very photogenic :( xx

Back