Miserable & Failing At The Weightloss 'Game'

JustJinny

Hi,

I'm new here. So I apologise for the rant. I joined WW a couple weeks ago.

3 years ago I was over 21.5stones. I was happy in myself and never weighed, but it was a shock finding out I was that big. I was facing surgery (not weight related) and so set about getting fit. I took up with a trainer, who taught me that I wasn't actually eating enough as a result of being told 'eat less, move more' and had bad malnutrition and something called 'starvation mode'. As a result of eating properly and more food than I had done in years, I began to lose weight. Over a year and a bit, of 6hours working out a week, and I got down to 13.8stones.

After surgery, my weight was stable for ages. My diet had changed radically, as I can't eat anything with high fats in it, or loads of other 'bad' stuff due to allergies, I didn't think there was ever going to be a chance of radical weight gain again, and all was good. Diet and excercise were all going great.

However a year later, over 14weeks I gained 3.5stones, with no major diet change. I went to GP, who told me to stop eating crisps and sweets and diet, and my thyroid was borderline underactive. I test again in 6months for that. She dis-regarded my insanely anal diet diary (she binned it infact, saying people always lie in them!), which I'd kept for 3 years, and dismissed me saying 'go on a diet'. The upsetting result was, I ate a lot of foods in a bl***y mindedness, despairing temper tantrum, over a week, that made me very ill, and then after a while of that and more weight gain, I decided to buck up and start again.

Since November, I have lost nearly 1.8stones, but I'd plateued. I joined the NHS Weigh2Lose programme, but got nothing out of it but my body measurements and a blood pressure reading...so decided to join WW - starting at 15.8stones.

Thing is, the first week I followed to the letter the WW quickstart week, and had a major running tummy for 3 days on it (lol), was thoroughly miserable, felt weak all the time, and had craving for protein like plain grilled chicken like you wouldn't believe (can't believe a skinless quarter chicken is sooo high in points, compared to a burger!) so I really thought I had lost weight. However, I weighed in the 2nd time at 16.3stones. I felt shocked and upset. But I had restarted my 7hours of Zumba a week and my daily hour long homeworkouts too, plus walking, after a 4 week break, so I was assured it was possibly muscle weight and that I would probably lose again the next week as my body adjusts. I was also told to make sure I ate all my 32 points a day. So I did that the next week. Still felt weak, still craving protein.

Now the third week and I've gained yet again. I'm following the diet, but I can't keep on gaining like this, and just don't know what to do anymore... and omg! The craving for meat is so bad. Even my pets are beginning to look tasty! Lol.

Then someone said the Core Plan on WW and Propoints is interchangeable, and on the Core Plan you can eat as much lean meat and fish as you want and maybe that's what I need. My diet had been mostly protein due to allergies to a lot of vegetables, sorted out by my trainer, and I guess I'm withdrawing from that protein need. But if Propoints says chicken is expensive, how can you interchange that with 'have as much as you want' on the other plan, which I can't find much mention of. I just don't get it. I've stuck again, to the WW Plan I'm on, until I see my advisor again.

In the meantime, my Arthritis in my ankles hurts all the time, and it's getting worse again with every pound, I feel hungry and miserable and weak, and I don't know what to do anymore. But what I really want to do, is comfort it a blue whale sized portion, of prawns, grilled chicken, grilled steak, and grilled lamb, with a large side of fresh salad with no dressing!

I'm just so dis-heartened. Anyone else felt this way?

Sorry for the 'pity party tale'. Just so down over it all.

A chicken breast skinless, grilled (120g) is 4pp
Beef burger, raw, quaterpounder (113g) is 9pp

So you can defo have chicken, its less then a burger...

I hope you start seeing results soon!!

I've lost 102.5 lbs following propoints.I eat meat and salad a lot because its my favourite.I really hope you start to see some results soon,I too have problems with lots of foods but that's why ww works for me.good luck hun x

"CLH_X3 A chicken breast skinless, grilled (120g) is 4pp" ????

I can happily live without burgers, they make me ill. My diet was very natural before, meat grilled with no marinades, and salads with no dressings, nothing salted, peppered, or seasoned, and everything as fresh as possible. However, My leader said a small palm sized (without your fingers) bit of skinless chicken breast (raw) was 6pp - 8pp! :eek: I even questioned this on both size and point count, and she confirmed it. I questioned her about this because, someone in the meeting told me that a Whopper Jnr burger from Burger King was only 11points. Now I'm really confused. :(

I've lost 102.5 lbs following propoints.I eat meat and salad a lot because its my favourite.I really hope you start to see some results soon,I too have problems with lots of foods but that's why ww works for me.good luck hun x
:D

:party0011::party0049::party0011: Congratulations!!!!!!! :party0011::party0049::party0011:

I've just checked on e-source as you got me worried. Definitely 4pp. Pro-points steers you towards protein and veg/salad, so I don't understand why you can't satisfy your cravings for these things. As for not losing weight despite sticking to it 100%, I'm struggling with that too. You shouldn't be hungry though, especially filling on protein and veg or salad.

Have you checked out Simply filling? I know there are some questions about it and apparently leaders are not too supportive of pushing it as a diet (I do it on-line so no advice from a leader to give sorry) But, I'm sure you can have 'as much' lean meat as you want on that. There's some good ideas and diaries on here if you wanted to look into that. I'm only on week one so trying PP first, but am tempted by simply filling if I find it doesn't work too well for me.

Other than that all I can say is hang in there, and try look into points yourself, here seems full of great advice and tips if you look, and can you get on the official ww website too? x

JustJinny said:

I can happily live without burgers, they make me ill. My diet was very natural before, meat grilled with no marinades, and salads with no dressings, nothing salted, peppered, or seasoned, and everything as fresh as possible. However, My leader said a small palm sized (without your fingers) bit of skinless chicken breast (raw) was 6pp - 8pp! :eek: I even questioned this on both size and point count, and she confirmed it. I questioned her about this because, someone in the meeting told me that a Whopper Jnr burger from Burger King was only 11points. Now I'm really confused. :(

In NZ, we weren't meant to give pp values out in meetings - either in case we got them wrong, or because some people hear what they want to hear (eg someone said ''brand x of low fat chicken sausages are 3pp'', and next week all these people wondered why they gained after pointing regular sausages at 3!)

Leaders can give fabulous advice and tips, but when it comes to pp values, *use your books*!

Lean protein is fantastic - not only health wise, but it's also great value for points. Check your portion sizes, but definitely have it!

Slim-Kat said:
Have you checked out Simply filling? I know there are some questions about it and apparently leaders are not too supportive of pushing it as a diet (I do it on-line so no advice from a leader to give sorry) But, I'm sure you can have 'as much' lean meat as you want on that.

One small but major correction: it's not ''as much'' as you want, it's ''until you're satisfied''. So you stop when you're full, not when you're stuffed - even with fruit and veg! But yes, this is a brilliant suggestion, it sounds like Simply Filling could work really well for you, as long as you can tell when you're full and know about portion sizes (which it sounds like you do).

I don't know what your leaders saying but I got that info from the actual ww book! Have a look at your book it's got some good info in, Spesh the blue bit In there

One small but major correction: it's not ''as much'' as you want, it's ''until you're satisfied''. So you stop when you're full, not when you're stuffed - even with fruit and veg! But yes, this is a brilliant suggestion, it sounds like Simply Filling could work really well for you, as long as you can tell when you're full and know about portion sizes (which it sounds like you do).

Sorry that's what I meant by putting 'as much' - didn't explain myself very well :eek: x

Jinny, you GP is a knob.
There, I said it :p
I believe you have the right for a second opinion?
Go see another doctor, do not listen to that knob of a GP that mistreated you, you need blood test(s) and someone that will listen.
Your problems are very real and for a GP to dismiss that like it's nothing really makes me mad, cause I've been through the same thing (actually in process of switching to a new GP office).

Back