Extra Easy Misleading literature?

I'm surprised SW don't make more of the importance of the Superfree on the EE plan.

Even the food diary leads with free then superfree then healthy extra then syns - I'd expect the superfrees to feature more prominently in that too.

I noticed that my weight loss picked up and became more predictable once I clicked on to the superfree thing. (That and drinking more water!) Don't think I've ever eaten so much fresh produce in my life, but I do feel good on it.

I've also noticed that if I start by planning my superfrees it can be really easy to switch to a red day if I need the extra HE as the superfrees apply to all plans.

So for me, starting with superfree = more predictable weight loss and more flexibility.

x

I started slimming world on feb last year and must of missed the 1/3 superfree bit but left after a few weeks anyway.

Started the diet in June but did not go to class so I still did not know about the superfree thing until a few weeks ago when I joined this site. I must have been doing something right as I've lost 4 stone.

Losses have slowed now so I'm going to start following the rules properly now I know about them.

X

I think the 1/3 superfree thing is quite new: at least, when I was an SW member two years ago and EE had just been launched there was no mention of 1/3 superfree (and superfree then included Quorn, eggs and yogurt too). I only heard about it on rejoining this time.

It's not compulsory either, just encouraged. This is from the SW website FAQs:

So I'm surprised to hear it has affected losses. I would expect them to slow down if people weren't getting their 1/3 superfree, but not for them to actually gain weight.

yes but if you dont follow the 1/3 superfree advice. Some people can pile their plates high with just carbs and proteins and at the end of the day if you do that with nearly all your meals with little superfree foods. You will end up not losing weight or at worse gaining, because you will be consuming far more than what your body physically needs.

If of course you have good portion control, then skipping a 1/3 superfree here and there is not going to have as much of a drastic affect.

Which is why it is better to stick to the 1/3 superfree to see the best results possible and to be honest it isn't really all that hard to include superfree foods in your meal. There are so many quick options out there.

But then I do love my fruit and veg.

Do some classes actually do something for Body Magic??? We just have a poster and then you can 'self-certify' to say you've done 15 mins a day, or something along those lines!!!

I'm afraid I've been someone who finds Image Therapy most untherapeutic. Not getting any better so far - last week we did losses/gains "briefly" and that took 45 mins and that really is just reporting and clapping with the occasional food diary record sheet handed out. Superfree also glossed over. One woman talks a lot about how she doesn't eat fruit or veg and considering there are so many new people I'm surprised the C hasn't tactfully pointed out that this shouldn't be an approach adopted by everyone else!

Charlie's Mummy - I go to one in Costessey, the consultant is called Sarah.
I was feeding my Charlie too when I started, but have since stopped and it has really helped my weight loss lol.

Back