Miso - Can I have it?

Patsylfc

hello - have started cruise today, so good to have veges! I wonder if any of you helpful people could tell me if miso is allowed, I use it as a marinade and as a soup.

Tough one - I've seen in on the list of forbidden food, but no one has ever been able to explain why.

Personnaly I'd use with caution, as a tolerated item, and if you find yourself stalling cut it out again.

I'm sure this came up as a question on the official chat and the answer was "yes allowed" on both PP and PV days.

Where did you see it listed as forbidden Atropos?

I'm sure this came up as a question on the official chat and the answer was "yes allowed" on both PP and PV days.

Where did you see it listed as forbidden Atropos?

No idea where it was - it's one of those items that seems to swing in and out of official favour....

But it's scrummy and quick so I'm pleased its in again.

No idea where it was - it's one of those items that seems to swing in and out of official favour....

But it's scrummy and quick so I'm pleased its in again.

Ah ok. Yeah I know what you mean..

I like it too. Nice hot drink alternative as I don't drink tea or coffee. :)

Thanks guys - my partner is half Japanese so it's a staple in our house. Will use with caution.

Enjoy Patsy, and let us know how you get on with it. :) It's great that so many Japanese foods are dukan friendly. Miso, tofu, konnyaku... yum yum!

I had no idea what Konnyaku was, so I googled it and found a fascinating site. I'll post it as a new thread so that it's seen.

I saw a yes to Miso soup on the official site, but it said to take out the veggies on a PP day.

One of the better cultural adaptations as the diet goes world-wide is the inclusion of Japanese and other Asian ingredients.

I had no idea what Konnyaku was, so I googled it and found a fascinating site. I'll post it as a new thread so that it's seen.

Konnyaku (Japanese word) is used in making shirataki noodles so they're basically the same thing. The Japanese also eat konnyaku in blocks, slices or thick grey worm sized noodles :D

I spent a year enjoying the delights of Japanese cuisine. I really miss it!

I have a feeling I'll love it - I'm a suck for gelatinous stuff.

Next time I'm in Piccadilly I'm heading to the Japan centre with a credit card!

- that should read "sucker"

Back