Miss 12.6St Diet Diary

Day 1 - 13/10/2008

Sugar Puffs for breakfast because I havent been shopping yet.
Went out on bike for 30 minutes.
Salad & potatos for dinner.
Went out on bike for 30 minutes.
Feeling hungry by 9pm so went to bed to stop me giving in.

You seriously need to have more than that - where is your protein?? Your body will not be able to keep going doing all that exercise on so little calories and no protein.

Im a vegetarian & I dont eat eggs so my protein comes from rice, tofu, soya etc & all those are full of carbs :(

Im allergic to quorn, There is cottage cheese with my salad. I do snack on nuts usually but not this time. Ive gained a stone in 6 months, Im pretty scared about letting anything past my lips at the moment.

Day 2 - 14/10/08

Woke up with a headache that has persisted all day. I used to suffer with bad tension headaches when I was a child & I get this every time I try to diet & usually end up eating junk food to comfort myself. Today I didnt.

I ate the Vitality cereal for breakfast. I think I might change it as it isnt very nice & I felt empty after Id eaten it.
Went for a bike ride.
Salad & potatos for dinner
Went on another bike ride.
Hungry now so im going to bed :)

Damn, forgot you need 50 posts to be pm'd. Couple of suggestions though. These meals come in at about 350 to 400 cals. Not sure what you've set yourself as a daily allowance, but I hope they help. Dalepak do Spicybeanburgers( there really nice) You could have that with a potato baked at around 175g and salad(400)
This is another from my plan that I like, hope you eat cheese. Cook a sliced red onion in a wee bit of olive oil until soft add a tsp of brown suger till it dissolves and leave to cool. Get 3 layers of small filo sheets, that spary oil is really good for spraying in between, then srunch up the edges to make a wee rim. Fill it with the onions, 40g feta cheese and 3 cherry toms( or more if you want) Bake in the oven at about 180 for about 12 mins. Check it after ten though I burned mine
first time. its really lush and only 350cals and nice with a salad.
Hope they help for the meantime, will write you some more when I've more time.
You dont need to go hungry to lose weight.
Janey xxxxxx
Hope you sleep well

Thanks they sound nice. I think I probably need abit of variation otherwise I will get bored so I'll give them a go :)

Day 3 - 15/10/08

Woke up feeling slightly better & today has been marginally easier to cope with.
Im going to get a good high fibre cereal for breakfast I think because I havent been to the toilet properly since I started on Monday & my tummy is bloated.
I feel bad today because I gave in & ate a banana & an apple during the day. I hope these arent too high in sugar or carbs to make a big difference when I weigh myself at the end of next week.

Should I weigh myself at the end of every week? Or every 2 weeks? Im worried if I weigh mysel at the end of the first week & I havent lost eany weight I will give in.

Ive managed to stay up slighly later tonight, I do feel drained though. I guess this is what happens when you're not wired on chocolate cakes :D
Nite nite.

Day 5 - 17/10/08

I bought some weightwatcher meals as I was getting bored of the salad. Today I had vegetables & pasta, tomorrow I will be having veggie curry :) I used to have a takeout curry at the weekend so this will be my substitute, and only 296 calories.

Although I rode my bike twice today I feel bad cos I snacked on some pineapple & melon in between meals :(

I learned something about myself today aswell with regards to my attitude towards food in the last couple of years since my nervous breakdown. Its a long story but something happened that upset me today, & rather than express my feelings I bottled it up & went to reach for the junk food. For the first time in a long time I resisted the urge to binge & realised I have been using food as a comfort mechanism to deal with emotions I cant express. Now I have this knowledge I can make changes in my life. So, all in all a good day I think :)

Back again!! Baked potatoes!!!! Magic stuff. I get a wee tin of baked beans and stick some chilli flakes in them, 15g of half fat chedder on top, with a 200g tattie comes in at 300 cals. same cals for a bigger one 275g with 3tbsp low cal coleslaw and a tbsp of half fat cheddar. Hmmmmm bit of a cheese theme going on there!!!! This is a really tasty one from my plan. Boil and drain 60g rice. Cook chopped spring onion, green pepper, clove of crushed garlic and a wee bit of grated ginger in a pan with spray oil. |Remove respay pan and add one beaten egg, breaking it up as it cooks. Add the rice and veggies, 2dspn peas and same amount of sweetcorn and lob in some soy sauce. Heat through. 325 cals.
Anyway hope some of this is helping. Just wondering how you're doing. Hope you are well.
Janeyxx

Heyha, thanks for them I will try them. The problem with the way I eat is once I find something I like I tend to eat it every day for weeks, I think that might be a problem with potatos :(

DAY 10 - 22/10/08

Back after a bad weekend. My partner & I argued from Friday - Monday, I ended up having a pizza, then I didnt ride my bike, & then I just let go completely & binged on a bag of crisps & chocoloate & ended up eating at all hours of the day. I got in abit of a mess. So its taken me until today to get back in my routine :( I think the binge will cost me, so Im feeling abit hopeless again :(

Hi hun, sorry to hear you had a rough weekend and that it impacted on your eating and exercise plan. The binge will cost you, it will delay by a week or two at the most the date you reach your target. That is not the end of the world. What would be much worse it if you let it continue any longer.

Draw a line under it and move on, you will have learned something about yourself and your relationship with food. You can still do this, just don't give up x

Ive completely fallen off the wagon & in desperation have bought some of that Hoodia stuff :(
The doctor gave me some antidepressants 3 weeks ago which I deffinately think I need but I am unhappy about taking them so I havent taken them & now I feel even more down in the dumps.

Also I think Im going to weigh myself every week, as a way of stopping me falling off the wagon again. I think the thought of stepping on scales at the end of every week will keep me in check.
So, tomorrow I get back on the wagon & bloody well stay there I hope!
Im tempted to go & weight myself now, but I think I will really freak out if Im heavier than my start weight so I better not.

Sorry you're not feeling great hen. Dont be too down on yourself, we've all been there. Just have to keep sticking at it. Whats Hoodia btw? Try to stick with your meds. I know not everyone feels comfortable taking them but they do work. Have you had a chat with your GP about how you feel about taking them. St Johns Wart is a good alternative for mild to moderate symptoms. Why do you feel unhappy about taking them if thats not too nosey a question to ask? Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. xxxxxxxxx

hi there, just popped in to say hi and to let you know everyone has blips and can still take contol and continue. Im starting my diet after a 'blip' of 4lb gain halfway through my diet.

keep striving

Back