Miss Mimi - CC the veggie way

MissMimi

I started calorie counting a week ago but have only just bought some reliable scales on which to weigh myself so WI starts today...2 stone to lose.

I have made a list of all the meals I can make from the shopping I have done and worked out how many calories per meal, so I can plan my days food or if I go out I can look at the list for some low calorie meals to make up for the calorie-laden meal out!

Breakfast:

1 slice of toast with a poached egg and 6g butter - 190 calories max

Lunch:

I was at uni and could not make it home as planned so I picked up an egg mayo sandwich - the maximum calories I found online for this was 420

Dinner:

Quorn 'steak' strips (75g) peas & brocolli (60g each) stir fry sauce (100g) - 290 calories

Snack:

50g cottage cheese with pineapple - 50 calories

1 slice toast with 1tbsp blueberry jam - 200 calories max

Drinks:

Coffee with skimmed milk and 1 sweetner, robinsons squash, water - 90 calories

Today = 1240 calories

I am aiming for 1200 calories a day but I find I am constantly thinking of food, my next meal and I go to bed so hungry - any advice?

I used myfitnesspal to work out how many calories to have per day and 1200 was recommended however looking at the calculation provided on a thread on here I should be eating 1430...how much difference will 200 calories make if I do/don't eat them? Is there a risk of my body going in to starvation mode?

Hi Mimi and welcome!

I still don't really understand the whole "starvation mode" thing and am personally just doing a trial and error approach to CC and eating less than I used to around the 1200-1500 mark usually.

Couple of tips about the hunger: amp up your protein in meals - it fills you up longer. I find a cup of tea or hot choc often satisfies when I get the munchies. Also have bite sized fresh fruit and veg nibbles to hand for between meals or even boiled eggs or veggie protein bars. This will stop you getting starving and then going over when you do come to eat and a decent snack of most types will be way under 100 calories.

Hi BerryBerry,

Thank you for your input - I have invested in plenty of options hot choc sachets so I can have a hot chocolate before bedtime and I have worked out as many <100 calorie snacks as I can in the hope this will help!

How are you finding calorie counting? Are you eating much less than before and if so have you found yourself feeling a bit nauseous? I ask because I was definitely eating about double the calories that I am doing now before I started CC!!

The nauseous feeling has finally passed - yay! I thought I was going to have to give up on this but feeling mucho better

I have stayed within 50 calories of 1200 yesterday and today.

Nothing special yesterday however today I had a krispy kreme - oops...apparently they are only 220 calories though so I prepared a low calorie lunch and had a filling dinner:

Lunch: Mushroom and tomato 2 egg omlette, done in fry light, served with 1 piece of toast with weight watchers spread = 231 calories

Dinner: Quorn peppered 'steak' & chips in a mushroom and garlic sauce (made with reduced stock and low fat boursin) with a dressed salad = 427 calories

I snacked on a packet of quavers and a cupsoup in the afternoon

Had an options hot chocolate earlier, now feeling satisfied! I had the hazelnut one...I am going to try create a low calorie ferrero roche inspired cheesecake using this hot chocolate powder + quark!

The weekend is approaching...I am trying to plan my food as best as can, with this being my first full weekend counting calories, but I am not half as worried as when I was on SW!

Hey mimi hows u? U sound like ur doing ok, are you exercising at all? If so make sure you eat your cals bk otherwise you will lose a bit fast but you will plateau eventually and won't be able to go lower :( I'm same weight as you and I'm eating 1750 cals which is 20% off my own tdee at lightly active, my first weigh in is on Wed so I'll see if I've lost (did cheeky scale jump today 1.6lb off soo far) its gonna take longer to lose the weight this way but it makes me feel better and no headaches or feeling sick cause I'm hungry xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I haven't started exercising yet, wanted to get my body used to lower calories but once I do I will be eating a bit more, trying to focus on protein and spicy food to keep my metabolism going! The headaches and sickness lasted about 10 days but they have gone now and I feel like I have so much more energy! Have lots of different teas in my handbag to keep myself hydrated too :) I am going to see if I am on track on the 11th Feb, if I am not I will try a different approach of more calories & exercise :D x

Ahhhh cool! Your doing good now so I am sure you will smash it!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Over the weekend I drank too much gin and ate at ridiculous times however I believe I managed to just about stay within 1500 calories...up to the point I was counting until I was at 1200 calories then I had a few more G&Ts...with slimline tonic though so only 50 calories a drink! Back to 1200 a day today, with weetabix for brekkie and a veggie BLT with avocado for lunch.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and stayed on track, only 9 weeks to go...

Oh and I weighed in - down to 12st4.5lb! Obviously gone up a bit since my mid-week weigh-in so I will now stick to weekly scale visits!

This week is going OK so far, tried as best I can to plan ahead what I will be eating each day to avoid other temptations but it is proving to be quite difficult when the other half likes cheese and olive oil on everything...

I have managed to stay within my calorie limits every day so far but I don't think I am necessarily eating the right foods so I am going to do a bit of research in to carb/protein intakes on a low calorie diet :D

Back