miss_bell's Slimmm Diary

Hi, I have really struggled to stick to the diet this week, I stupidly ate an easter egg on sunday and that flarred up my IBS, when my IBS is bad I struggle eating dairy along with fruit and vegtables :cry:Once my digestion is back to normal I will be back on the Slimmm Shakes!

When I was having the shakes I found them to be very filling, they contain dietry fibre and weigh protein which helps to keep you fuller for longer, you might struggle in your first week but after that you body should adjust to the amount of calories you are taking in. Becareful when you're exercising during the first week your body is going through big changes and it's running on alot less calories so you may feel lightheaded and sick, my advice is take it easy, some shake diets recommend you don't exercise until week 2. If you stay away from carbs you will easily loose 7lbs in your first full week on Slimmm. I would recommend you eat a piece of fruit in between your shakes/meal and preferable a piece of citrus fruit in the evening as this helps to break up fat.

As for Slimfast it doesn't have the same effect, Slimmm shakes fill you up and if you whisk them they are very frothy and taste 100 times better than slimfast.

let me know if I can be of further help.
Em x

hey em,

thanks for the reply, im sorry to hear that you're struggling, i know what its like, esp when chocolate gets in the way lol
i can relate, i have ibs too, i can put quite a few pound on when i blow it and its one of the worse things ever

thanks for all the advice and support, the slimfast is just a put me up until my slimmm shakes come, then i will be on them until i get to goal, i have three an half stone to loose, really need to get in shape an healthy for the summer, so hopefully i will with this, i wont be over doing it at the gym, im going to be doing more clsses than anything i thin k, im joining a leisure centre tomo with classes, swimming an gym, so i can pick an choose, they do zumba aswell.

please keep in touch an we can help each other and any other tips will be greatly appreicated

Dee xxx

twinklesparkle said:
Hi, how you doing with slimmm? are you still on it? I started on tues! got just over 2 stone to loose :eek: xx

Just got weighed lost 1 stone 8 since end of jan it's slow but steady just got to stick with it :)

hi i was just wondering what other food you are eating with the shakes, im alittle confused on how much you can loose on this diet. ive seen some feeds of people saying they lost 8 or 9 pounds a week on this diet but in ur experience its taken longer. i woudl appreciate your advice

Hi miss Bell how is it going on slimmm diet I start it soon, what are the shakes like I love choc mint not tried any of the others.

hey i have just started the Slimmm Diet and im finding it easy to stick to so far. Im only on day 3 at the moment. And im still excercising as normal but do feel alittle light headed when excercising. Yesterday i had abit of a headache in the evening but that is purely because im detoxing my body so it was to be expected.

ljackson - i love the vanilla specially whisked so its frothy - yummy and the mixed berry shake is also yummy :)

Im drinking min of 2 litres of water as recommended but i cant cut out my normal cups of tea but i have cut them down as im drinking water as well.

Snacking on dried fruit or fresh fruit when needed i also get the lighterbox from Graze.com and they send me seeds and nuts each punet under 100 caleries

How is everyone else getting on? Miss Bells are you still on this diet?

xx

Hi Everyone

After recovering from my relapse with IBS I did try the Slimm Shakes again and then I realised it was indeed the shakes that were causing me the problems, I have since gained weight and have put on 8lbs since my lowest on the Slimm Shakes. Because I didn't have lots to loose I think that is why the weight came off so slowly.

From my own experience I can safely say these shakes are not for me, I feel they are only a short term solution and you do end up pilling weight back on when you start eating "normally" again. If you have a lot to loose then I can see they would be useful at kick starting your diet and shrinking your stomach plus supressing your appetite.

With the food it's very restricted no carbs, I don't eat a lot of meat and had to ratio my fruit intake so I was left with vegges, salad and eggs....

Thank you for your questions and good luck to everyone who is trying this diet. I joined weight watchers on Monday so i'm going to see how I get on with counting points.

Back