Miss_Taken no more

So I'm baaaaack! Half a pound on for xmas week, making 4.5lb gained in December. That's pretty ok, I can lose that in no time.
Really feeling positive about the new plan, I love the structure of having a limit to my carbs although I can see me getting really frustrated with not having spuds with dinner.
Today I had coffee and hifis for breakfast, lunch was speed soup (made ages ago and frozen so it had parsnip in, so not strictly SP friendly but I'll call it my rare "other" food) with a HEB roll.
1419965779854.jpg
This was dinner, bit of a weird one but I have a lot of shiz to use up or chuck. Beef dopiaza (beef - p, passata - s, mushrooms - s, onions -s, plus spices) with cabbage - s, bacon - p and brussels - s. I think I need to work on the 50/50 split but either way, both are on my plate in much greater quantities than before and I'm stuffed

Hey hun, sounds like you are going to love the new plan. It looks really good. I think I'm just going to stick with my ee but throw in a few sp days.

Heres to a fab 2015 for both of us. Happy New Year :) xx

Oh wow, haven't updated in a while!
Right now I'm stretched out on the sofa like a sack of spuds having just finished my dinner...wanna see?
1420668679325.jpg
Breaded cod (heb bread blitzed with parsley and aromat seasoning), salad, beans and smoked paprika mayo (1 syn)
Lunch was a chicken and bacon salad with mayo as well with a coffee.
1420668779193.jpg
Breakfast was a couple of hifi lights and coffee as I was far too sore to get out of bed and go for a walk this morning and consequently, I was late for work.
Been to the gym every day this week and feeling fantastic about it although I'm thinking of taking tomorrow as a rest day (kettlebells is tomorrow night). Don't really want too tho, would rather take Friday as the only class I could make it to then is spin and I'm not a huge fan of the spin class at the local gym, whereas I really enjoyed the kettlebells yesterday morning. I'm scared if I do another one this soon tho, I'll break myself. Decisions decisions ;) Some people have actual problems.

Yesterday sort of passed in a pained blur :p no, I kid, feeling much better today, took last night off kettlebells to give my muscles a chance to recover and am either going swimming, gym or to spin tonight.
Yesterday's breakfast was a chicken, onion, mushroom and pepper omelette with heb bread served with side salad.
Lunch was leftover cod with salad
Dinner was leftover chicken, mushrooms, onion and peppers with a tiny wee (others) portion of chips, beans and another slice of heb toast (I know I shouldn't really have had chips with 2 heb's, I'm trying to limit my "others" on sp to days when I only have 1 heb but it was only really about half a dozen chips and if I hadn't caved, I was going to eat all around me).
Back on EE today just for a day to stem the carb cravings (and because I'm out of all the s foods that I enjoy and can't get shopping til the weekend).
Made altered breakfast casserole in the slow cooker last night, just to use up a few bits and bobs, chicken, beans, bacon, extra lean pork and leek burgers (instead of sausages), peppers and onion, then a layer of potato with smoked paprika on top. About 20 minutes before the end, I turned it up to high, then put 2 greased ramekins on top and cracked an egg into each.
Will most likely be having the same for lunch as J doesn't like it.
Dinner will probably be pork and leek burgers with chips and veg.

Is it wrong that I'm really excited that my OH is going out tomorrow night for his stag party and that this means I can make chicken dopiaza and have it as hot as I like? 3 of my 4 bridesmaids will be at my house so I might even make a girls night in of it

Seriously haven't been able to get back on plan since the wedding. I feel like the freakin easter bunny at the minute with the amount of chocolate I've been scarfing so I'm posting this as my plan of action and in the hope that writing it all down will make me accountable.
This is breakfast. I'm gonna try to account for my full 15 syns every day because I catch myself justifying eating stupid things like shop bought sandwiches with "oh but I've not had my syns" even when I know the sandwich is probably about 3 days worth of syns. So breakfast is my heb hifi light bars, muller light and a 3 syn mocha (tassimo suchard pod and black coffee).
View attachment 168852

Lunch is homemade Chinese Chicken and sweetcorn soup. Simple, no muss, no fuss.

ForumRunner_20150310_100209.png

When I get home is my bugbear at the minute so I'm going to try something new and allow myself dinner at around 4.30. Hubby doesn't get home til around 7 and half the time doesn't want dinner til even later (or at all) so I wind up snacking until he's ready for it which is not helpful.
Dinner tonight will be homemade frozen actifry chips (blanched and froze a few portions of homemade chips on Sunday and they are AMAZING compared to making them fresh. They go much crispier and less cardboardy than making them fresh...who knew? But definitely worth the effort). Will have them with either mushy pea curry or just plain chicken and veg. Will use about 3 syns on a packet sauce or gravy. That leaves me 9 syns for a chocolate fix. Boom, done, now just gotta stick to it.

So the plan was a success, 1 day 100% on plan. I'm not gonna say it was easy, I could easily have had a binge but I think knowing EXACTLY how many syns I had left helped me pull it back. Finished the day with a total of 14 syns used (and only cuz I couldn't find something worth 1 syn...I deliberated an extra quality street sweet but put it down...super proud today).
So today I am aiming for much the same. Breakfast is soaked porridge oats, half a cantaloupe melon and a pina colada muller light with 3 syn mocha.

ForumRunner_20150311_080042.png

Lunch is leftover chicken dopiaza half and half (so it was dopiaza instead of mushy pea curry last night but still free and SOOOO good!) with another 3 syn mocha

ForumRunner_20150311_080206.png

When I get home from work, I'll decide on dinner but I have chicken mince left out so it will probably be something along the lines of chicken burgers, sw wedges and side salad. Then 9 syns to do with what I please :D.

I resisted again, 2 full days :p I feel like an alcoholic earning sobriety badges but whatever works :p

Breakfast today I felt like a treat so had scrambled eggs, 2 bacon medallions, onion and half a chicken burger.

ForumRunner_20150312_092803.png

Also have this to up the speed and give me a snack later since breakfast was early...The muller is optional in case I get a craving and talk myself into stopping at a shop, the coffee is a 3 syn mocha and very much not optional ?

ForumRunner_20150312_093426.png

Lunch is much the same as yesterday again, leftover chicken dopiaza with rice and caramel coffee (free).

ForumRunner_20150312_094303.png

Just realised I forgot to defrost something for dinner so that is gonna be a question mark for now. I have a chicken burger and a half left and haven't used a heb yet today so might grab some heb rolls and tomatoes and have the same as last night.

Last edited:
Day 4, still on plan technically but I may have over eaten a bit yesterday.
Dinner last night was absolutely gorgeous and mega simple. Chicken sausages (don't know the syn value as they are a butcher variety but his chicken mince is 2% fat so I'm counting 1 syn each to cover myself) browned off and sliced with 6 bacon medallions, 2 tins of beans, some chilli, garlic, stock and smoked paprika all slow cooked for about 2 hours on high then topped with par boiled potato slices and baked for about an hour then grilled to brown the top. If 'd had cheese, I would have added it too. Yum! Problem is I had the leftovers (intended for today's lunch) when I got home from dog training. Ended the day with 5 syns left.

Breakfast today is Overnight Oats with chopped pear and a 3 syn mocha.

ForumRunner_20150313_093304.png

Lunch is homemade sw super noodles (fine noodles, some stock and cumin with added speed veg and another mocha.

ForumRunner_20150313_093318.png

Got a big pack of boneless chicken thighs left out for dinner but I don't know if they'll be defrosted in time for dinner. If not, I have mince in the freezer that I can cook from frozen. If they are defrosted, I'll trawl the slow cooker groups on fb for a recipe.

So kinda an oopsie yesterday. Breakfast was the usual overnight oats with mocha, lunch was sticky chicken with rice and dinner was the same but with chips. Problem was the 2 4.5 syn sandwich thins and the leftover weddibg favour sweets. Probably about 5-10 syns over my limit but that's really not so bad.
Today is much the same up until dinner. Overnight oats, sticky chicken and rice then since its Mommas Day, I promised my moo-maw a takeaway. I'm thinking probably Chinese but she does love her an Indian now and again so maybe. Not sure what the best option is in the Indian tho. Might make my own or just have a blow out since its star week anyway.

Back