missed shake ??

sazzles

hi everyone i was just wonderin if it matters if u miss a shake ?? i had a really bad day yesterday (day4) and wanted 2 cave so bad it was unbelievable but i didnt and just went 2 bed as early as i could :) however feelin the way i did the thought of a shake made my stomach churn so i didnt bother havin one and this morning after a few sips i couldnt finish off that one either :( i'm feelin stronger 2day and luckily gonna be busy all day !! i'm still drinkin lots of water but does missin out shakes ruin the diet ???????? xx

hey sweetie sorry to hear it was a bit rough. it doesnt ruin the diet per say... like if you dont take it its not that your going to not lose weight, theyre just essential to keep you moving etc etc if you were out and about and doing stuff and forgot then youd prob be really tired etc but if you just went to bed i wouldnt worry too much. just get back on track and keepa goal in mind. try and make sure you get them all in though x

thanks bell's, it was so hard yesterday ! i've never really been a food eater or lover just at the wrong times but i've never craved 2 eat as much as i wanted 2 last nite :( i'm hopin that was the day 3/4 hurdle everyone talks about lol i've never looked so 4ward 2 a soup before but stroll on friday haha xx

i know i know it really does get a bit tricky but look you got through it! bet you didnt know you could! peoples determination and willpower really comes through when theyre on this diet and they didnt even realise that the were so strong willed. just think about how much you want it and distract yourself.. you know what to do.. keep up the good work and roll on weigh day your determination will have payed off...x

Hi Sazzles
Sorry you're still going through it. You really must have your full quota of shakes everyday. We are on the minimum number of calories that prevent us going into starvation mode. If that happens your body won't give up its fat reserves so you won't lose. I know that sounds barmy but it's true.
Give it a bit of time, and if you really really can't cope look at some alternatives. LT works brilliantly for some but it's not for everyone.

Good luck lovie

Jon
xx

I dont think that if you miss one on the very rare occasion its not going to make that much of a difference - just dont let it be a habit as the diet will not work.

Just hang in there as the results are so worth it.

Yep you really do need to make sure you have those 3 shakes, if you were ill then fair enough but it's not good for you to miss one out. As dunlop says, if your body doesn't get the min calories that the 3 shakes give you it will think it's being starved and you won't lose as much weight. I know that seems upside down but it will happen. I haven't been well a couple of times this week and i couldn't finish all 3 of my shakes but i'm on CD and have a little food(allowed) too which makes up for the missed shake.
Also i hope you managed to get your water down as that may make you feel unwell too. hth

I must admit that if I make the shakes too thick I can't get them down and I also have to have them hot. But keep going and you will get there. I have done LT before and it really works to me the hardest thing is to keep it off which is what I didn't do. Now I've been on it just over 4 weeks and the thought of my goal weight and how it will make me feel spurs me on. I am so looking forward to this summer when I feel healthier and slimmer.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

you should really try and get all 3 shakes in they provide the minimum nutrients we need to keep going from day to day and thats what puts you into ketosis any less nutrients and i think the body goes into starvation and won't let you burn your own fat??? try and space them out about 4 hours apart thats how i get mine down perservere and you'll be find xx:)

Ive missed 1 shake 4 out of 7 days this week....I know its bad but I just really don't want anything else. Today I am determined to fit the last one in.

thanx all, im drinkin my last shake now despite not wantin too but ive had a sneaky weight check and think ive done 7lbs already so well chuffed :) also had a good chat with chemist 2day who phoned so feelin loads better :D stroll on chicken soup and ketosis lol u've all been great too its so nice havin so many ppl 2 talk 2 xxx

Back