Bellydance to fabulousness

Tanya81

Anyone else here belly dancing? In my quest to keep myself moving, which is harder than it sounds because I am by nature an extremely lazy person who even thinks the couch is too far from the bed to park my butt there, I am trying anything that sounds like it could be fun and which is either in my local area or at my local leisure centre.

Amongst the things I am trying Is belly dance and you know it is quite fun ( I am really bad at it I can shake my hips jauntily as much as you could imagine Gordon Brown doing it) and I have as much. Ability to dance as a one legged hippo.

The great thing about belly dance is that it concentrates on muscles in the core that you don't usually use and that it's a great laugh with a fab lot of ladies of all ages and sizes. It is not a place that size matters and it makes you feel really feminine. Anyone else out there trying it?

Hi Tanya, I have a go but have never been to classes. It's fun I admit. I close the front curtains, don't want to frighten the postman lol, and then wack on Now Arabia and off I go. I need to get some more music as my last tapes got accidently thrown out a few years ago. I shall look on Amazon and if you know any titles that would suit would love it if you would let me know!
x

I will do so Solange,

I don't know the names of the Arabic music that we have done but will ask the teacher. We have used pink martini by Ricky Martin.

Classes are fun but as I said I am really bad I just don't have any natural rhythm

Thanks Tanya
There used to be classes around here but not any more. I must admit I am enthusiastic rather than anything else!
I think exercise should be enjoyed so I shall shimmy on!

Bev x

Too true I am off to hula hooping later on and it's one of the other things I do that I am bad at but its fun.

ohhh would love to try belly dancing. will have to see if there is any classes in Birmingham. I used to zumba but now I do clubbercise. I have also tried Boogie Bounce (trampolines) but had to concentrate too much as not to fall off that I could not really enjoy the class. Would love to try hula hooping as I bought a weighed hoop ages ago and still cant master it lol

Hi Debs
I am self taught at belly dancing and needless to say not very good. Must look out a class while I still have a belly! I used to do Zumba. I too have a hoola hoop but spend most of my time bending down to pick it up!! I like to have fun whatever.

Back