Missing a weigh-in

Xassy

Silver Member
I don't go to group, I weigh at home every Sunday morning. I'm tempted to miss a weigh-in because I'm due my TOM. I know I'll gain because I always do and it will drive me up the wall. I'll still stick to the plan but desperately want to skip the star week weigh-in. Bad idea or not? Any feedback would be gratefully received. :eek: Thank you.

If you can stick to the plan without the "i'm missing a weigh in so i'll cheat a little" attitude and the gain from totm is going to be detrimental towards your motivation then i think this is a good idea :)

That way so long as you will stay focussed you can reap the benefits at your next weigh in after totm :) GL <3

What difference will it really make? Right now, you weigh xxx pounds. If you get on your scales tomorrow you will weigh xxx pounds. If you don't you will still weigh xxx pounds.

In reality, weighing or not weighing will not make an ounce (literally!) of difference.

Some people only weigh once a month, or once a fortnight, so do what works best for you.

hun I think its a bad idea. once you don't weigh once you are giving yourself a excuse not to weigh again and maybe next time it will be cause of eating to much and then one week turns into two or three and before you know it you are off the plan.
weigh in hun theres only you to see your gain and you know why you are having a gain and its not your fault cause one of these things in life we can't control. If you don't weigh in you won't know how good your loss is next week.
good luck hun

I personally would weigh in because that way you know approximately how much you are likely to put on for TOTM in the future. No reason why the figures should disappoint you as you know the reason behind it.

I don't go to group, I weigh at home every Sunday morning. I'm tempted to miss a weigh-in because I'm due my TOM. I know I'll gain because I always do and it will drive me up the wall. I'll still stick to the plan but desperately want to skip the star week weigh-in. Bad idea or not? Any feedback would be gratefully received. :eek: Thank you.

Very bad idea! So, are you going to miss one class every month? You know you put on at that time of the month, you know it's nothing related to what you've been putting in your mouth, and you know that it will come off again. So not going to class is stupid and you'll essentially be paying not to get weighed so you might as well go along and benefit from the image therapy and support from your group.

I agree, I think it's a slippery slope once you start giving yourself reasons to miss a WI...and also, it will make your loss in 2 week's time bigger cos it will be from your * weight not your current weight :)

Very bad idea! So, are you going to miss one class every month? You know you put on at that time of the month, you know it's nothing related to what you've been putting in your mouth, and you know that it will come off again. So not going to class is stupid and you'll essentially be paying not to get weighed so you might as well go along and benefit from the image therapy and support from your group.

She doesnt go to group Circes, she is doing this from home.

IF it is really going to upset your mindset to get weighed, then there is no harm in leaving it for a week, IMO, as long as you stick to plan regardless and weigh in as usual the following week, or after your TOTM has finished.

I dont have TOTM due to IUD, but it does seem that I am developing a pattern of a low loss once every four weeks. I will still go to group that day, because I need the social aspect of the group support, and I do know that its likely to happen, but you dont have that, and you have our support in the meantime anyway, so just stick to plan and weigh once its over and done with. Better to do that, than weigh in, feel rubbish and go on a binge.

Definately get weighed - we all have this totm and its good to know what your body is doing at that time sso next month at that time you know what to expect x

only just opened your post and Im really glad you weighed. If your anything like me ,once I miss a WI its the start of the sod it mentality and I'll have an extra syn because I can loose it by next Wi. The syn becomes 2 and I skip that Wi too.etc etc. Really glad you lost because it may show you your estimates are not always right. I do it at home too but I don't think you should skip Wi at home or at class.

Back