MISSING.

BrittW

Timelord
motivation.bmp

ARGH.

I started the year rather well, losing over half a stone in January.
But since February has begun I have been a NIGHTMARE.
Taking that 10 minutes extra sleep instead of getting up and eating breakfast, so by lunchtime I'm STARVING and a footlong Subway seems a better choice than Boots Shapers Sushi and fruit.
Then by the time I get home I think "Well, I've messed up today anyway, may as well eat a takeaway/chocolate/ice cream while I'm at it." Then tomorrow comes and the cycle continues.

I can't afford to go to group at the moment so I'm going it alone. But because of this I feel I can cheat.
I don't know why though, I'm getting married in November and the one thing I do NOT want is to be a fat bride. But I'm not doing anything about it.

When I get home I just want to lay on the sofa and sleep, but I know this is because I'm eating rubbish and have no energy.

I need a reality check.

You'd think that my clothes being tighter or losing breath when going up the stairs would kick my sorry arse into gear but no.

Please someone help. :cry:

I think we have all been through this puzzle more than once ... it seems crazy that we want to lose weight for something and yet we easily sabotage ourselfs . maybe take a step back and write down all the things you want to acheive ..if you need the extra ten in bed is there anyway you can have a grab and go breakfast on the run ... i personally think the extra cold weather isnt helping at the moment no one really wants to get out of there beds its cold out there . im sure you will find your way again hun ..

hugs

sounds like you really need to get back to group...

Its hard doing it alone.... I am doing alone but wish i could get to a group but cant :(

I found myself doing that when I decided I didn't need to go to group, have discovered that I do!!

Could you maybe take something for breakfast to work with you, I have been having my weetabix in the office so I can stay in bed longer

Also if you take lunches with you and cook at home would that save you enough money to be able to go back to group? Good luck and hope you find your missing motivation soon :)

You have done very well losing half a stone in January and you should not lose sight of that as it is a great achievement and well done:happy096:

If you are feeling tired I would think it is because you are having carb overload which if you are sensitive to carbs is sending you to sleep and sucking the energy out of you.

You know that a breakfast helps you get through to lunch time so make the effort to get up that bit early and have it.

Whatever you did in January worked so get back to your plan and stay away from trigger foods that awaken the sugar cravings.

"If you eat it, you'll crave it"

Instead of thinking how much you want to lose overall break it down into manageable portions and set yourself some mini goals which are achievable in the short term.

The evenings are getting longer so instead of lying on the sofa when you get home from work you could get out for a brisk walk which will help tone you up, lift your mood and gradually you will feel like doing more exercise...find some form of exercise you like and stick with it...

We are only 8 days into February so you can turn around this month now and make into another good one like you have already done in January.

You will be so happy with yourself walking up the aisle in November:love047:

If you can afford to have takeaways and junk food then you can probably afford the £5 it costs to go to group if you really wanted too. As others have said, I think going to class is really the only way forward as it makes you accountable to someone other than yourself.

I agree with Jaq. If you are buying lunch rather than making it from leftovers etc, the cost will soon add up. I would swap the shop bought lunches and use the money for the SW group, and it will give you the kick start you need. November is still a good few months away, but it will come round quick and you don't want to regret not getting back onto plan ASAP.

Hmmm...unfortunately I agree about going to class. There is nothing better to keep you on track then the thought of an angry C :eek: I'm sure you could find the money if you scrimped a bit more....don't want to sound patronising but it's true. 2 days lunches and you've paid for class.

I'm getting married in August and I've bought my dress 3 sizes too small. If I get to August and it doesn't fit I'm getting married in my PJ's as there will be no money to buy another. Maybe you should try some dresses on and take some photos of how you look now- just to reaffirm to yourself that losing weight is important to you?

I agree with the others - go to group!!! You will get all the motivation & support you need (from the others in the group)

Then plan plan plan.

If you made your bfast the night before (such as magic pancakes - HEX B) & your lunch - you could still have your lie in & would be in control of your food again.

Finally, work out how many weeks till your wedding & how much you need to loose each week to achieve that.

Tell yourself over & over "you can do this" x

Congratulations on losing 1/2 stone in January. You have proved that you are capable of achieving and sticking to a plan. It is a shame to undo the hard work you have done.

Plan your meals before hand. I would do following for breakfast & lunches at work

Breakfast: Require very ittle or no preparation
- Fruit cup to pieces and topped with some youghurt (by cutting up the fruit you feel you are eating more)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of toast (1xHEXB)
- Magic porridge & fruits
- Oats so simple sachet
- Weetabix or any other cereal allowed on the plan
- Philly with toast or Crispbread
- Laughing Cow Light triangles with Crispbread or toast

Lunch:
- Homemade soup
- Big salad with something like Tuna, cheese, boiled eggs, potato cake (boiled potatoes mashed/grated, mixed with eggs, salt, pepper & spices, cook in frylight in shapes of small cakes or a large one and cut to wedges)
- Jacket potato with whatever you fancy (baked beans, Laughing Cow light, philly....)
-Crispbread & philly or boiled eggs, homemade hommus.....

If you can go for a wak (20-30 minutes) after lunch or join an exercise class.

Then when you get home if you hav eal the ingrediants ready before hand you can make all sorts and enjoy.

You may not fancy going for a walk in the dark and cold so invest in a cheap exercise bike - you can pick one up on either freecycle for free or cheap on ebay. Then you can cycle whilst watching TV in the evening. Once you start exercising you get hooked and continue.

As someone else said you might be better off to join a group. To be honest, I rather than do it at home on my own and put the group money in a box and treat yourself on special occassion (I have saved £35 over 7 weeks and as it is my birthday on Sunday, I am going to treat myself to a piece of clothing in a smaller size than I have been wearing). Alternatively do it with a friend who wants to llose weight too.

I am sure you have realised that there is so much support on the forum so when you feel out of control, then come on read a few diaries and tak to members and hopefully you forget about binging.

Hope you keep to the plan and we see more losses from you. Good luck and keep imagining yourself slim in a beautiful wedding dress.

Back