Mission Bodycon

Hi everyone!!! :D

I've fallen off the bandwagon once too many times and have gone from eating very little to bingeing on a daily basis. I've actually realised this time that I can't eat so little as it messes me up EVERY time.

So I decided on Thursday that I need to make a change. I've kept off 29.5lbs from when I first started losing weight last summer...but I've also put on a great deal which I'd rather shed! I was on the SW plan but this time I've decided that for now I'm not going to follow a particular plan.

So what AM I going to do???

1) I'm going to reduce my calories. I'm not going to set anything ridiculous like 800 or even 1200 calories because I will just fall off the bandwagon again and end up eating masses of junk food on a daily basis (The Big Tasty is officially my weakness :sigh:)

2) I'm actually going to incorporate more exercise than I usually do. I joined a gym 3 days ago and it's conveniently £15 a month and 5 minutes from my house.... I guess it gives me more of a reason to feel guilty if I don't go! I've joined for 2 main reasons , Firstly I used to love going to the gym so I've just reintroduced it into my life. Secondly it means I can eat more ;)

And the goals????

Now I've got loads of weight to lose but right now my goal is to have lost 1 stone by Christmas. I know I can do it. And my overall goal? Well to shed the 65lbs and be able to wear a bodycon dress without having to worry about "the stomach"!

How is day 4 going???

It's a Sunday and I'm taking it easy, I've impressed myself and others in the gym for the past 3 days.. (Why do people assume that because you're big you lack stamina?!?!?) I've been eating well but today is the big test...... I'm off for a belated birthday meal with my family... Now I'm hoping that I opt for something along the lines of a Fillet Steak and a Jacket Potato.... *fingers crossed*. I would say a Salad but since going to the gym my appetite is ridiculous and that will go in seconds lol :(

Oh and I forgot to mention I woke up to see I'm weighing in at 229.6 :D That means:

9lbs until my mini goal
60lbs until my overall goal

I'll probably reveal all about my day a little later, but until them I'm out!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woo hoo well done, your doing really well so far. You sound motivated and determined. Well done with the gym too. I love the gym but havent been for so long- i keep thinking because of my size it would be better to wait untill ive lost a few stone!! Hope the rest of your week goes well for you. x

good luck on your journey :)

Thanks so much guys :) I really appreciate it!
Emma - keep up your good work, and get in the gym the minute you feel like you're ready! I'd been avoiding it for so long that I just jumped at the chance of starting an exercise regime. I didn't use the gym for the first 2 stones that I lost.. I just did more walking than usual.

Ria - Thank you so much, oh my god your weight loss is amazing!! How have you done it?? I'm so inspired by your loss. Congrats on being so close to goal! :)

Today was harder than I expected... don't you just hate when you go to a restaurant for the first time in a decade and the menu has CHANGED! I ended up getting a burger... they had no jacket potatoes :( it came with french fries and a salad.. I ate the burger, one half of the bun and the salad...had a few fries but left 80% of them. It was so stressful just looking at my brothers portion, he had onion rings aswel as the fries. I'd usually gone for the same thing, But I didn't want to feel guilty for eating so I just kept thinking I'll cook something nice when I get home later on.
I got in and got ready to go to the gym; I banged out 50mins on the bicycle and felt so good coming home knowing I'd worked a sweat. So when I got home I cooked myself a massive stir fry, with chicken and noodles.... those ko-lee low fat instant noodles are my saviour. (75calories a pack!! so I always have at least 2 packs)

Overall my day's been good, just found out its my TOTM, I hope it doesn't leave me feeling sluggish or lazy. I don't wanna give up on my gym regime... So fingers crossed I feel ok tomorrow :)

Until then,
goodnight everyone!

xxx

**Day 5**

Ahhh today has been pretty low for me... It's that time of the month, I woke up and looked in the mirror and saw a face covered in fat. I wanted to cry, I know it sound ridiculous but I just felt so emotional seeing how big I am. :(

I felt ugly for the first time in ages, I just wanted to see a slimmer face... you know sometimes you can give your belly or your bingo wings a bly because you can cover them up (or try to at least!) but you can't cover up your face.... It's just the hormones making me so negative but I feel really rubbish right now.

I had some Special K, did some work and decided to get my backside down to the gym... I really didn't want to go but I knew that if I didn't go today I might never go again... I would probably comfort eat and just go awol.
So I get there and sat on the bike, set it to 5minutes (I always seem to do it...it makes it seem so much easier) & just kept increasing my goal by a minute after each minute passed. I convinced myself I'd leave after 20 minutes, I stayed for 50 minutes... I left feeling a whole lot better than I did this morning!

I made a jacket potato with some cottage cheese for lunch and now I'm contemplating what to make for dinner... I have another fillet steak left, I might go for it and have loads of veggies on the side!

I also found a dress I'd love to wear when I reach my goal...
image1xl.jpg

Ok so I'm not going to be a size 8 nor do I have legs as long as the model pictured.. But I would love to be able to wear it. If I tried it on now there'd be about 4 main issues:

1) the dreaded stomach would bulge
2) the bingo wings would bulge through the lace
3) the boobs would look saggy
4) i need a more defined waist..

So here's to getting closer to that bodycon dress :gimi:

9lbs to my first mini goal
60lbs to the bodycon

xxxxxx

**Day 6**

I've been feeling sluggish today, I really hate my TOTM, kinda wish it would just go away and leave me alone.. I almost feel like it's trying to disrupt my flow, but I won't let it. I haven't done much today, I had some Special K for breakfast, 2 chicken sausages and an omlette for lunch and I am still undecided as to what to have for dinner...

I want to go to the gym , but I've been putting it off all day, its almost 5:10 and if I don't go soon I'm never going to go.. So I'm going to tell myself that I need to be out of the house by 5:30 and if I'm still in well I will just have to deal with the guilt.

I'm not sure if this is psychological or if it's for real but my fat seems to be feeling softer around my stomach and my love handles... I hope it means that it's getting ready to leave me lol. I've got a really unhealthy obsession of grabbing my rolls, I really need to give it up but I guess it just shows how much I want to get rid of the weight that I've tried so hard to ignore over the past 2 months.
I've considered rejoining Slimming World again, I mean I always lose weight on their ExtraEasy plan but for some reason, something is holding me back. I enjoy being part of a group and feeling a sense of achievement when I lose and being rewarded for it but I guess I feel like it's too pricey for me. I decided that I'll just stick to doing this by myself and using this diary. One of my friends said she feels down when I talk about my efforts to lose weight because she's not as focussed and it saddened me.. it just means I have one less person to talk to. And one less person is a lot when you're a female with lots of male friends who frown when you talk about weight loss. But I'm just happy I've got this diary.

I've been weighing myself every morning but I've also decided to stick to Thursday as my official weigh in day UNLESS I lose a drastic amount on another day of the week.. So on that note I'm going to get my stuff together and get my backside down to the gym.

Here's to getting fitter everyday and losing a little more weight :)

9lbs to my first mini goal
60lbs to the bodycon

xxxx

Just be strong. Push yourself out the house. When I feel like not doing anything, I just go look in the mirror which reminds me how much I hate my body and that right there motivates me out the house.

Good luck love

Thanks so much elm! I just pushed myself out of the house for the exact reasons you mentioned... I really hate my body at the moment and the gym comforts me into knowing that I'm trying to make a change!
I did 50 minutes on the cross trainer, I really needed to go so I'm really glad I finally got there! It felt so good to get in the shower after and walk home with that sense of achievement. I guess that's why I keep going back to the gym, it puts a smile on my face.

It's pretty late and I can't seem to get to sleep, my mind is working over time. I'm just so excited to lose weight and I decided to take a photo of myself in my underwear just to know how I look right now (because mirrors have deceived me into thinking I look good for much too long) and while I hate my body I thought well the pics not that bad... until I took a look at a photo of me a stone and a bit lighter from summer. I mean I definitely didn't have a beach body or anything but damn what a difference 3 months can make! I don't want to see my body like this ever again. I want to strive for what I had and better. I'm disappointed that I quit my slimming world back then I wonder what I'd look like if I carried on!!

So as per usual I'm talking to one of my good female friends who also wants to lose weight. After a long talk we just came to the conclusion that our efforts to diet have literally made us into SERIAL yo-yo dieters. I honestly, wholeheartedly and truthfully want this to be the last time I go through this. I'm sick of losing weight and then bingeing like crazy for months and starting back again. I guess it's partly because I have so much to lose, I just lose sight of my goal. But I'm not and I can't let time repeat itself again. I want to be able to wear the clothes I want...not the ones which are simply "flattering". Hmmmmm lol I am sounding super negative right now, but I GUESS it's in a positive way because I'm trying to make a change and I am making a change.
On that note I'm going to sign out and come back in on my official Day 7 with hopefully a happier outlook:)

night
xxx

**Day 7**

So I woke up much more refreshed today and weighed myself to find that I've lost 3lbs! I know I said I'd stick to Thursday as my official weigh in day but it put a massive smile on my face so I just thought I'd shout it off the rooftops. lololol
I had some special k and an activia fat free peach flavoured yoghurt for breakfast.. I'm going to make a turkey ham, mustard and salad sandwich for lunch with some wotsits on the side ( I <3 wotsits lol) And then rest before I head down to the gym... I'll message on the otherside!

6lbs to my first minigoal
57lbs to the bodycon

xx

Hey, congrats on the 3 lbs, you must be so pleased!
That dress is amazing as well! Definitly motivating!
Do you count calories or just try to eat sensibly?
I was also wondering if you did strength training as well as cardio?

Hey The Journey, I'm chuffed knowing I've lost 8lbs in the past week, it makes me feel like my efforts have definitely been worth it! I've been eating healthily more than anything. I do watch my calories - you won't see me with a KFC bucket daily lol but I'm not really being too strict on myself, I just swapped oil for fry light and reduced the amount of fatty meats and cakes that I eat. I have to have a dessert daily to satisfy my sweet tooth though!
I've been doing strength training on alternative days this week, working mostly on my thighs, stomach and my glutes... Hows your journey going???

**Day 7 Continued**

I had an emotional day today, I don't know what the hell is up with me I just want to cheer the hell up but it seems like I am just ridiculously sensitive. I had an argument with a close male friend and it all led back to my weight, I just broke down and went to the gym to try and build myself up. My cross trainer kept failing on me and after it shut off 2 times I was close to leaving... I stayed on, thank god I did, I did 50 mins on there and 20 mins of strength training - I worked on my abs and my thighs today.
Had a dinner of some chicken I marinated in yoghurt, garlic, tarragon and chili, some boiled basmati rice and some boiled carrots. I had one of those Weight Watchers apple crumble slices (they're delicious when you heat them up) with some low fat custard.. mmm it was heavenly!
I'm off to catch some sleep, but I'll return at some point tomorrow!

xxxx

Aw sorry about the bad day, but at least you didn't let it get you down and still worked out!
Sounds like you have a good, sensible plan :)
My Journey is going fine... I just wish I could lose weight as fast as some of the others on here :(, oh well each at our own pace I guess

Have a great day tomorrow, looking forward to hearing how your day went!

Aw sweetheart, don't compare your weightloss to others!! Everything is relative to your own body... how much do you lose a week/month .. how long have you been on plan?

Well I went off the plan for a while because I got discouraged, but before that about 1 lb per week.. but yes you're right I'm trying not to compare with others, because a little bit of weight loss is better than none!
Anyways this diary is about you and not me so I'll stop whining now :D

**Day 8**

Today's been a good day, I'm happy to say that I've not given up and it's been a week. I have eaten pretty well today, had my Special K and a banana for breakfast, a light stir fry for lunch and a lamb curry with rice for dinner.. Oh and a weight watchers carrot cake slice with custard ( My sweet tooth was calling yet again!!)
I only got to do 45 mins in the gym today because I had to rush off to a doctors appointment but I'm still happy with myself.
I'm hoping I don't slip up this weekend, I've decided to give myself a controlled treat on Saturday to prevent excessive urges to binge...I'm not sure what to go for hmmmm I will decide tomorrow and post it!!
Until then, good night everyone!

xxxx

You've been doing any amazing job!

**Day 22**

LOL ok so I haven't been on here for absolutely ages and it's not been intentional! I've had noo internet access and it's been killing me because I've been having a bit of a hard time. Not hard in the sense of going off plan but because my body is changing a lot but my scales just aren't really showing much of a change. I've had to cut down the amount of days I go to the gym because of work obligations (I've had lots of training in the past week too) But I've been going for at least 3 days week for an hour.
My scales are saying that I've only lost 4lbs since I last wrote on here but my stomach has gone down a lot so I'm really happy. I also saw someone I hadn't seen for a few months who told a friend of mine that he thinks I look really good now and made a remark that I'd lost weight which is great! I'm hoping my next 2lbs will come off soon so I can reach my first mini goal :D
I've got to rush off now to get to the gym before I go to work but I'll be back now that I have the net!
xxxx

2lbs to my first mini goal
53lbs to the bodycon!!!

Glad you're back :)
Really in the end what you look like matters a lot more than numbers on the scale.

Aww thank you Journey!!! How's it been going for you?? I definitely agree about the numbers issue! As long as there's a change I'm really happy.

**Day23**

I have a massive smile on my face I'm 1lb away from my first stone!! I am chuffed because I went to Nandos yesterday, and I usually stuff my face there with garlic bread, chips and whatnot. But yesterday I got 1/4 chicken, mediterranean salad, halloumi cheese and sangria. I was so full and really satisfied with my meal. :)
I really want to lose this last 1lb and I know I can do it!!! I'm going to be good today, I'm going into Oxford St to buy a pressie for my younger cousin so I won't let myself do anything too bad, but as it's Saturday I'm due my treat, I'm thinking of getting a McChicken burger mmm..
Well I'm off for now, I'll catch you all on the otherside!

xxxx

1lb to my first minigoal
52lbs to the bodycon!!!

Back