Mission Possible

squishymcfatterson said:
Have you tried decaf tea? That's what I drink at home all the time as any caffeine after lunch time keeps me awake! Once you buy good quality (not Aldi-yuck!!) you can't taste the difference! I serve it to visitors all the time and they haven't a clue!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have tried it and I can't tell the difference I completely forgot about that option! I'll give it a go! :D

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Day 9 (I think?!) Well the good news is that my little lady has taken to sleeping later in the mornings! She used to wake between 6 & 6:30 but the past 2 morning has slept until 7:30, yippee! Naps are all over the place but I'm happy with an extra hour in bed.

Plan for today is none too thrilling. Hmm, might have a Lipotrim shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And some water throughout the day. A walk for baby and dog and then kickboxing again tonight- looking forward to that even though I'm stiff as a board this morning from it!

Feeling a little sorry for myself yesterday and today. Just feel like time and weight are dragging and I am dying to eat some food again. Annoyed i let myself get so big before doing something about it. I ate all around me and for some reason thought I would be immune to gaining weight! If I'd controlled my eating a bit better I wouldn't have so much to lose and I wouldn't have to be on Lipotrim for so long. Too late for that now, I know, but it's niggling at me the past few days. I get such a lift when I've lost some weight, but then I remember I have lots more to lose. Ever the pessimist eh?!

Sorry for the moan but it's great to get it out here. I hope that when I reach a healthy BMI (eventually!) I can read back here and avoid making the same mistakes again.

Hey good to know little lady is sleeping in! Whoooo!

Hun, it's your diary so rant away and it's always good to get it off your chest. Remember that many people can't do what you're doing. It takes a strong person to do a TFR vlcd so give yourself a huge pat on your back. You're doing ace! You really are xx

Btw, I've asked my friend to pick up carte noir decaf for me today!

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Faith_111 said:
Hey good to know little lady is sleeping in! Whoooo!

Hun, it's your diary so rant away and it's always good to get it off your chest. Remember that many people can't do what you're doing. It takes a strong person to do a TFR vlcd so give yourself a huge pat on your back. You're doing ace! You really are xx

Btw, I've asked my friend to pick up carte noir decaf for me today!

Thanks so much. It means a lot. Just having one of those stupid down days!

Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Enjoy your decaf, you deserve it! X

Day 9 (I think?!) Well the good news is that my little lady has taken to sleeping later in the mornings! She used to wake between 6 & 6:30 but the past 2 morning has slept until 7:30, yippee! Naps are all over the place but I'm happy with an extra hour in bed.

Plan for today is none too thrilling. Hmm, might have a Lipotrim shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And some water throughout the day. A walk for baby and dog and then kickboxing again tonight- looking forward to that even though I'm stiff as a board this morning from it!

Feeling a little sorry for myself yesterday and today. Just feel like time and weight are dragging and I am dying to eat some food again. Annoyed i let myself get so big before doing something about it. I ate all around me and for some reason thought I would be immune to gaining weight! If I'd controlled my eating a bit better I wouldn't have so much to lose and I wouldn't have to be on Lipotrim for so long. Too late for that now, I know, but it's niggling at me the past few days. I get such a lift when I've lost some weight, but then I remember I have lots more to lose. Ever the pessimist eh?!

Sorry for the moan but it's great to get it out here. I hope that when I reach a healthy BMI (eventually!) I can read back here and avoid making the same mistakes again.

RawrGirl knows that feeling. It's like...oh yea, I lost some weight...but I still look like a blimp. Will I ever be thin? :sigh:

We just need to keep at it, and remember how much of a pain it is too lose, and how bad we felt about ourselves, so that we never get to this place again.

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl knows that feeling. It's like...oh yea, I lost some weight...but I still look like a blimp. Will I ever be thin? :sigh:

We just need to keep at it, and remember how much of a pain it is too lose, and how bad we felt about ourselves, so that we never get to this place again.

You are so right, thanks a million. Felt crappy all morning but have perked up now. Still a fatty but LESS of a fatty! Hope you're having a great day.

Faith_111 said:
Hope you've had a great day. Seems as though you're feeling better. So happy :)

I had my decaf and it was rather lush! I will stick to one cup a day until my IBS eases Thanks for letting me know about it. Goodnight hunny x

Yes, I perked up thanks and kickboxing tonight helped distract me from food for a while. Glad the decaf was good! Hope your IBS settles soon, it's awful. Sleep well! X

Day 10 (double figures, woohoo!) and the fact that it's day 10 corresponds nicely with the fact that this morning I weighed 11st 10lb! Which means I'm only 1 stone away from a healthy BMI. That perked me up nicely!

For some reason I want to get to 10st 7lb on Lipotrim before I continue to lose weight the "normal" way (WW, SW, Low GI, Low Carb?!) but pharmacist set me a goal of 10st 10lb as that's a healthy BMI. But never fear! Apparently you continue to lose weight during the re-feed week as it's still VLC. So maybe I will lose that 3lb deficit during that week?! Anyway, this is a long time away yet but it's nice to plan in a way so I feel like there's an end in sight!

Kickboxing was great again last night. They upped the pace slightly but I was able for it thank goodness. My friend came along too (skinny friend despite having a baby 4 months ago, grr!) which was fun. I'm hoping to continue doing it twice a week (Mon and Weds) and do a home workout with weights on a Friday night. Thanks to the dog I do at least one long walk a day (fast pace for 30mins or so). I'm happy with that level of exercise for now. I have played hockey since I was young (but not since I got pregnant) and might get back playing once I'm off the VLCD. It's a lot of commitment training-wise and matches take up most of a Saturday so I won't commit full time. The club will be happy for me to help out when they are a player short and that works for me! I can't wait to show up looking slim(mer), especially as we play in short skirts (gasp!) I'm sure my legs will still resemble cottage cheese, but maybe just low-fat cottage cheese?!!

Have a feeling today will be a good day, and a better day than yesterday. Especially because myself and the little lady are off to buy her first proper shoes! Yippee!

Hope everyone else has a good day. X

RawrGirl said:
I didn't know you play hockey? On ice? In short skirts?

Hmmm. RawrGirl didn't know hockey could be sexy...

RawrGirl def suggests low GI/low carb to maintain. She is working out a combo low-carb/Dukan/JUDD maintenance plan for life, and will post on her diary when all the kinks are worked out.

Hee hee, sorry, should've specified- it's field hockey! We don't have ice hockey in Ireland so field hockey is just "hockey"! Yeah, skirts, so ridiculous. Especially seeing as we play all winter! And trust me, squishy in a skirt is FAR from sexy!

Looking forward to seeing your maintenance plan! I see a book deal in RawrGirl's future!

RawrGirl is so sorry...she remembered that we were at same weight/height...but as you don't keep your stats under your pic, she forgot that you are at her start weight, not her current weight (Minimins start weight). Point being, you wouldn't be in Diesel jeans after 4 weeks. So sorry! However she thinks 2 months (3 at the MAX) on VLCD and they will fit. So either by Thanksgiving or Christmas -- not that far away and an excellent goal to have in the back of your head. :)

RawrGirl thinks taking pics in them once a month will keep you very encouraged! (RawrGirl took before pics in a bikini but she is not posting them untill she can also post her after pics, lol. Unfortunately, RawrGirl does not have any "skin" before pics from when she weighed 175, but she does have some clothed pics. She will post them if she can find them...there's not many as RawrGirl hides from the camera)

PS -- RawrGirl suggests considering adding your stats to your profile, and your Diesel jean goal to your signature. It might just be her, but she finds it very motivating when she sees people's signature goals that are marked DONE which is why she added her own...so that she can do the same!

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl is so sorry...she remembered that we were at same weight/height...but as you don't keep your stats under your pic, she forgot that you are at her start weight, not her current weight (Minimins start weight). Point being, you wouldn't be in Diesel jeans after 4 weeks. So sorry! However she thinks 2 months (3 at the MAX) on VLCD and they will fit. So either by Thanksgiving or Christmas -- not that far away and an excellent goal to have in the back of your head. :)

RawrGirl thinks taking pics in them once a month will keep you very encouraged! (RawrGirl took before pics in a bikini but she is not posting them untill she can also post her after pics, lol. Unfortunately, RawrGirl does not have any "skin" before pics from when she weighed 175, but she does have some clothed pics. She will post them if she can find them...there's not many as RawrGirl hides from the camera)

PS -- RawrGirl suggests considering adding your stats to your profile, and your Diesel jean goal to your signature. It might just be her, but she finds it very motivating when she sees people's signature goals that are marked DONE which is why she added her own...so that she can do the same!

Yes, I must update my profile. I'm usually working through the minimins app which has limited function but will fire up the laptop over the next few days.

Digging out the dreaded jeans when little lady goes to bed (don't want to giver her nightmares!). The funny thing is, they're not even particularly fashionable jeans but it's the challenge of fitting into them! Must check the size too.

Day 10 nearly under my (slowly loosening) belt! Great day shoe shopping with the little lady and a good test as it's my first time in our local shopping centre/mall since starting Lipotrim. I could never visit there before without treating myself to some sort of food. Today I managed to sit in the food court to feed her majesty some lunch and although tempted by food, stayed 100%. I treated myself to a new nail polish for reaching half a stone and am looking forward to a hot bath followed by a much needed mani and pedi later! Also going to shave my legs as I reckon that'll bring my weight down by at least another half a pound, ha ha!

Also came home to cook a chilli con carne for the freezer. I find cooking strangely an escape from not eating. I suppose the smells satisfy me somewhat. Hubby was delighted (and shocked) when I offered to cook his dinner too. Do you know how hard it is to cook scrambled egg and NOT lick the spoon?!! VERY!!

I had another food dream last night that I ate a fried breakfast, white bread and butter, and a bar of chocolate. Panicked about how I would tell my minimins buddies and my pharmacist! And didnt even enjoy the food. My husband had a dream that he caught me scoffing a big bag of MacDonalds in the car after kickboxing!!! Think we are a little food obsessed in this house at the moment.

Really craving savoury foods rather than sweet. Planning on staying off chocolate and sweets completely until Xmas to see how I get on. Should be interesting but I do it for Lent every year. I think it will help my brain and palate forget how yummy they are?!!

Day 11 in the big diet house. Had a cheeky sneaky weigh-in this morning and down another pound. That's 9lb in 11 days and I ain't complaining! I'm going against all diet rules by weighing myself daily, especially because with this diet, once I stay 100% there's no way I'm NOT going to lose weight. It really gives me a boost for the day though.

Dug out my old Diesel jeans last night. They are a 30inch waist and while I was quite surprised that I could button them up, they produce a hideous muffin top, and my kangaroo pouch hung not so nicely over the waistband. Got ever-faithful hubby to take some before pics to add to my collection. Was a bit deflating seeing the photos if i'm honest. Was feeling great about myself yesterday, a mental thing I suppose because I've lost weight, but when I saw the photos it hit home that I still have a long way to go. At this stage I'm wondering if another stone will be enough. Yes, I'll be a healthy BMI but that means nothing to me if I don't look good (shallow much?!).

I really don't enjoy being on Lipotrim (who does?!) but I suppose the temptation to keep going is always there. Say I get to around 10st 10lb and decide to lose the rest through eating healthily: If I wanted to lose another 7lb it would take me 6/7 weeks realistically. But if I stayed on Lipotrim that could be gone in 2 weeks. See what I mean?! I'd much prefer to stay on Lipotrim as long as needed than to EVER have to go back on it. I really don't think I'd be able for that. Now is the perfect time for me as I'm not working and don't have a busy social life so I can hide my diet well. Hmm, think I'll revisit this post in a few weeks and see how I feel then!

Yesterday went well. Nails and legs are looking fab! I only drank two shakes. I just wasn't hungry (thank you ketosis!) so couldn't face a third. Have to say I don't feel any different as a result. I will take a multi-vitamin today to make sure I catch up on the nutrients I missed though. So according to MyFitnessPal (your nemesis RawrGirl!) I consumed 282 cals, burned 177 cals walking the dog and so had a remainder of 1923 cals, meaning these were provided by ketosis. Sweet!

My job hunt has begin slowly and reluctantly. Damn mortgage and bills!! Have updated my CV and sent to some recruitment agents. I think that's enough for one week. Next week I will contact some more agents and have a look at some job websites. Not looking forward to starting a job and being the "new girl" but hopefully by the time that happens i'll be slimmer and more confident? I'm very shy meeting people for the first time so I dread those awkward first weeks. Although i have been thinking it will be nice to be around people who don't know me and my previous eating habits. I can easily say "no, I don't really eat much chocolate" etc without anyone laughing in my face!

I calculated that I need to get to 11st 2lb to have lost 10% of my body weight. "Only" 7lb to go. That's a nice figure for my next mini-goal I think. I will add it to my list when I update my profile.

Anyway, enough nattering for one morning. Off to have a lovely glass of water!

Back