Mission Possible

Oh Squishy! What a fabulous day you had yesterday - all that hard work has definitely paid off!

Yes, I think not carrying around an extra 26 lbs makes a big difference to how much you enjoy exercise. I already know that I am enjoying what little I do now more because of the 2.5 stone I have lost, and I'm excited to increase that amount as I get lighter and fitter as I know I will enjoy it.

Size 10 - whoopee!!!!!!!!!!

I can completely understand wanting to keep your weight loss target nice and neat! I have chosen a round BMI target this time as my starting weight happened to come out at a round BMI number!

zeke said:
Oh Squishy! What a fabulous day you had yesterday - all that hard work has definitely paid off!

Yes, I think not carrying around an extra 26 lbs makes a big difference to how much you enjoy exercise. I already know that I am enjoying what little I do now more because of the 2.5 stone I have lost, and I'm excited to increase that amount as I get lighter and fitter as I know I will enjoy it.

Size 10 - whoopee!!!!!!!!!!

I can completely understand wanting to keep your weight loss target nice and neat! I have chosen a round BMI target this time as my starting weight happened to come out at a round BMI number!

Thanks Zeke, it was a great day! Shopping used to leave me so depressed with myself but yesterday was a lovely boost.

I would love to put 26lb of sugar into a rucksack and try exercising while wearing it, like they do on Biggest Loser! Actually- I wonder how much my little toddler weighs...?!!!

Ok. Wow. Just crawling into bed after a local gym class. Literally crawling as my arms and legs are like jelly! It was "resistance circuits" which is just a long-winded way of saying "hell". It involved dumbbells, kettle bells, ab work and cardio. It was so tough! The instructor was great though, very helpful and encouraging, so I only took a breather when I really couldn't continue and then got back into it as soon as I could. It was a nice change from kickboxing but I wouldn't do it every week!

Too tired to eat my exercise calories when I got in so finishing up nice and low today (besides quite a few little snacks!)

Night night all. X

squishymcfatterson said:
A nice NSV today: my hips bones are now visible! I don't ever remember a time when I could see them. I've been able to feel them for a few weeks now but I realised this evening that I can actually see them. Yippee!

Excuse the belly please, that needs a lot of work. I blame the baby ;)

Hips yayy!!!! Lol well done!!

squishymcfatterson said:
Ok, quick post as I was up early with baby and now I'm back in bed trying to snatch an hour's kip while she naps BUT...

Weigh in this morning and I've lost 2.2lb! Yippee! This bring me to 146.8lb, just below my 10st7 mini-target! Only 1.8lb until my next target, the 2 stone mark. I am beyond delighted. Another half inch off my hips too but my waist (belly) measurement is stuck at 34. Need to banish some belly fat. My true waist is 29 though, which isn't bad.

Excited for my shopping trip and me-time later. Planning a little trip to Starbucks while I'm there.

Have a happy Monday everyone! I know I will. X

Well done! So jealous I'm stuck at 10 10!! I have no motivation!! Hopefully from today on thou!

Wow, that exercise class does sound like "hell." No wonder RawrGirl is eating your dust, lol, as all she does is lift a few measly weights when she actually talks her self into doing it. :p

RawrGirl said:
Wow, that exercise class does sound like "hell." No wonder RawrGirl is eating your dust, lol, as all she does is lift a few measly weights when she actually talks her self into doing it. :p

It was hideous but the after-effects are even worse- I can hardly walk!!

Happy Friday everyone. This week has been a bit of a struggle. Little lady is sick and on her first ever antibiotic. She swings between being miserable and then flying around the place like the lunatic that she is. Brought her trick or treating for the first time on Halloween night and she loved it. She doesn't really eat sweets or chocolate yet so I treated myself to some of the collection and went slightly over on cals (despite dragging 2 friends out for a run that evening!) was right back on the wagon yesterday though.

I'm finding meal times ok and I'm planning and shopping plenty in advance so that we don't get into the situation where we run out of food and have to order takeaway. My problem is snacking really. I find I'm hungry in the evening when little lady has gone to bed. I'm keeping my snacks within my calories but if I wasn't using MFP I know I would just keep eating and eating. And I also find I'm exercising more during the day to allow myself more calories for snacking.

I have upped my calories to 1390 (from 1200) as I read a little bit here about it and I should still lose weight without being as hungry. We'll see at weigh in on Monday I suppose! Last week's loss of 2.2lb was fantastic but I know that wont happen every week. I'll be happy with 1 pound a week up to Xmas and anything extra will be a bonus.

No big plans this weekend so food-wise I shouldn't have any problems. I'll be trying a new balsamic beef recipe for dinner on Sat/Sun. I found it on Pinterest. I love all the recipes there but they're very American and sometimes hard to recreate with ingredients here. We'll see how that goes anyway...! Other than that I'm planning on getting plenty of exercise.

Monday night a friend and I are going to a Tapas workshop! My friend got a voucher for cooking demonstrations for her birthday in March, and then got me a voucher for my birthday in May so we could go together. I'm really looking forward to it and that will be my treat night as I don't think I'll be able to log something like that in MFP! At least I'll have a full week before my next weigh-in!

What is Tapas? A cooking demonstation sounds likes so much fun. RawrGirl use to watch Australia's MasterChef (the American version is pathetic), and she LOVED it. It made her try all sort of neat things!

The balsamic beef dinner sounds yummy too.

RawrGirl was very fortunate about Halloween Candy as 14-year old son decided he was too tall to trick-or-treat. In the past, RawrGirl has gone Halloween's not eating a single piece of candy, but this time she was desperately craving a snickers bar so she kept encouraging son to go trick or treat. He refused, lol. So, fortunately for RawrGirl, she had no candy. :D

RawrGirl said:
What is Tapas? A cooking demonstation sounds likes so much fun. RawrGirl use to watch Australia's MasterChef (the American version is pathetic), and she LOVED it. It made her try all sort of neat things!

The balsamic beef dinner sounds yummy too.

RawrGirl was very fortunate about Halloween Candy as 14-year old son decided he was too tall to trick-or-treat. In the past, RawrGirl has gone Halloween's not eating a single piece of candy, but this time she was desperately craving a snickers bar so she kept encouraging son to go trick or treat. He refused, lol. So, fortunately for RawrGirl, she had no candy. :D

Aw, no Snickers. Poor RawrGirl!

Tapas is Spanish finger food. I think it's traditionally served in bars in Spain. It would be things like little dishes of garlic shrimp and other seafood, potato dishes, meats and cheeses etc. I'll be sure to give you all the details afterwards!

I'm just sitting here watching Irish MasterChef (also pathetic!!) I haven't seen the Australian one yet but I love the British one.

Oooh, had a little treat today! Since the day I started on Lipotrim (2 months exactly today) I have been craving a burger and fries from from a certain diner here, Eddie Rockets. Well we were out shopping for Mr McFatterson and he treated me to a meal there! It wasn't in my calorie plan for the day so I have a lot of exercise to do to counteract the damage. I've been on one long walk with the dog already, but will bring him out again later for another quick trot, and will also have to go for an unplanned run this evening.

Makes me wonder is it really worth eating unhealthily, when I have so much hard work to do now?! I just had a burger and two thirds of a bowl of chips, a far cry from what I would've eaten pre-Lipotrim I suppose. And I certainly would never have deliberately worked it off afterwards!

You should be really proud of yourself! It's really weird to notice how much fuller we get, and how quickly we get there nowadays!

You didn't mention if it was everything you remembered it would be. RawrGirl asks because when she went to the Cheesecake Factory on her mini-holiday, she got the burger she was salivating for and it was okay, but not as out-of-this world delicious that she remembered. She also only had 3 bites of cheesecake and gave rest to Prince Charming, because that too was not as good as she remembered. (Pizza has not changed, lol).

You say you wonder if it was worth it...does that mean it didn't taste as yummy as it should, or was it super yummy but not worth "punishing" yourself over with exercise. RawrGirl would caution you to not use exercise to purge (that is actually a form of bulimia), as it will lead to disordered way of looking at food and exercise. What if instead, every day you did a little bit of extra exercise that you "saved" for the upcoming weekend. Even if whatever you eat over the weekend adds up to a little bit more than what you saved with the extra exercise, it won't be that much over, and your body will balance itself out anyway. And this way, you won't be looking at exercise as punishment, or only half enjoying your treat because you're thinking about all the running you'll have to do later. Just a thought cuz I love you. :)

Squishy...check out the 30 Day Shred challange. RawrGirl came up with a way to do it without killing ourselves...30 workouts in 47 days (Christmas Weekend). You could even make yours 20 shred workouts in 47 days to account for your kickboxing. But it might be a fun way to motivate yourself to do it if you can see the number of times you do it add up.

Ok, RawrGirl found this info online:

"Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is designed in three levels to be done over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout should be done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10. When you finally can complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up every once in a while. When I started Level 1, the first three days, I could not do everything. I had to severely modify it by using the weights only half the time each set (the other half I did without any weights at all), and doing female push-ups. On about Day 10, I could almost do the whole thing. Feel free to stay on Level 1 until you can master it, then move to Level 2. You do not have to move up every 10 days." (found at How to Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred | eHow.com)

Ok, so how about we do something like what they do on the weight loss challenge threads where everyone has their name and goal info in each post (just keep copying and pasting with every post). And obviously, if like Zeke, you've already started, correct your info that RawrGirl posted below. And since not everyone might not be ready to move up every 10 days, it's not like a race...but we could do something like have a goal to do it 30x by December 21, which gives 47 days to get in 30 workouts...just a little push to help motivate us with enough leeway that we don't feel like we screwed up/failed if we want to skip weekends or miss a day or two. Does that sound good?

RawrGirl -- 10x @ Level 1 (0 done, 10 to go)

dominoes -- 10x @ Level 1(0 done, 10 to go)
BerryBerry -- 10x @ Level 1 (0 done, 10 to go)
zeke -- 10x @ Level 1 (5 done, 5 to go)
Nettee --
10x @ Level 1 (0 done, 10 to go)

Here is the thread link if you want to join: http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/297321-anyone-up-30-day-shred-challenge.html

Last edited:
RawrGirl said:
You didn't mention if it was everything you remembered it would be. RawrGirl asks because when she went to the Cheesecake Factory on her mini-holiday, she got the burger she was salivating for and it was okay, but not as out-of-this world delicious that she remembered. She also only had 3 bites of cheesecake and gave rest to Prince Charming, because that too was not as good as she remembered. (Pizza has not changed, lol).

You say you wonder if it was worth it...does that mean it didn't taste as yummy as it should, or was it super yummy but not worth "punishing" yourself over with exercise. RawrGirl would caution you to not use exercise to purge (that is actually a form of bulimia), as it will lead to disordered way of looking at food and exercise. What if instead, every day you did a little bit of extra exercise that you "saved" for the upcoming weekend. Even if whatever you eat over the weekend adds up to a little bit more than what you saved with the extra exercise, it won't be that much over, and your body will balance itself out anyway. And this way, you won't be looking at exercise as punishment, or only half enjoying your treat because you're thinking about all the running you'll have to do later. Just a thought cuz I love you. :)

Hello my lovely! Do you know what? I didn't even think about how much I enjoyed it until you asked! Says a lot really doesn't it? It was tasty, yes, but not "oh my God, best thing I've tasted in years" tasty! I did enjoy it though. I suppose I was distracted as baby was with us and doesn't like to sit still in a highchair for long, so I was focussing on keeping her happy and eating quickly!

I suppose the reason I said it wasn't worth it was because although it was tasty, it was so high in cals that I felt guilty that I might go over my calorie goal for the day, and it wasn't a PLANNED treat, if that makes sense? For example, I have my cookery course tomorrow night, and a date night with restaurant meal, wine, maybe even a cocktail on Friday night, and these are planned treats that I know will send me over my allowance but I'm ok with that. I'll be exercising extra during the week and eating healthily on the days where I've no treats planned, to balance things out as much as possible!

Hope that makes sense and thank you for caring, it means a lot! :)

Small NSV today. We decided to bring our little lady swimming and I wasn't embarrassed at all to walk around a packed swimming pool in nothing but my swimming togs. 2 months ago I wouldn't have gone there because I would have been so mortified. And I feel bad now because she absolutely loved the pool and didn't want to leave, even when she started to shiver and turn blue!!

Monday. Weigh In Day. And my first ever Stayed The Same. Boo :( My measurements stayed exactly the same too. The only thing that changed was my Body Fat % dropped slightly and my Muscle % increased slightly. Meh, big deal!

I even weighed myself twice to be sure- first thing this morning and then after some toilet action but made no difference whatsoever.

Anyway, nothing I can do about it now. I do remember reading here that moving your calorie intake up to your BMR can cause a gain in the first few weeks so maybe this was the cause? I moved from 1200 a day to 1390.

I also have been eating over 1390 most days but have been exercising a lot so my calories for the day are always 1390 or less.

Just slightly worried for this week as I have two treats planned. Tonight is my cookery class, and Friday night we have tickets to see a comedian and we are going to a lovely restaurant beforehand with wine etc. which we have been looking forward to for months. I want to go and enjoy myself and switch off from thinking about calories for one night. I suppose I just need to be good all week and keep up my exercise, and start the Shred as planned. Fingers and toes crossed for a loss next week.

Attachments

• image-3081179756.jpg
    image-3081179756.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
RawrGirl said:
What cute little graph. Was that from My Fitness Pal?

STS is not bad...esp when your body fat % dropped. Lol, you do realize that means you lost fat, right...the whole point of losing weight. So you didn't really STS. Congrats on doing the Shred. RawrGirl is so glad you joined the challenge! :)

Yep, it's from MFP. Good huh?

Oh you are so wise RawrGirl! Duh, yes, I did lose fat!! I suppose years and years of dieting have me brainwashed into thinking I must see a loss on the scales for it to count! It's a psychological thing too. I love to see the numbers drop.

Yes, more Shred tomorrow night. I may have to mute Jillian though as she is grating on my nerves and makes the workout harder to get through! "That's a no, very bad for the knees" or "I could always use a good Chest Fly in my life". Grrr!!

Back