Mission Possible

RawrGirl said:
WOW! Ok, RawrGirl is totally jealous!!!

Don't be jealous! I'm sure your thighs are slimmer than mine. Mine have always been big. Where do you measure yours? I'll measure mine later and I bet they're bigger! I've never really measured mine, I worry that I'll forget where I last measured and that my results would be all over the place (leading to a binge of course!!) x

Busy day today! Went to ikea with my mum to pick up a few bits. Food wise I stuck to my calories:

Breakfast:
Cuppa
Low cal toast with no sugar pb and blueberry compote

Lunch:
Ikea Salad with chicken
Ikea truffle cake (yummy treat)

Dinner:
Wholemeal pasta with chicken and homemade marinara sauce

Snacks:
Ikea KEX biscuits

Exercise was walking dog and baby!

Don't be jealous! I'm sure your thighs are slimmer than mine. Mine have always been big. Where do you measure yours? I'll measure mine later and I bet they're bigger! I've never really measured mine, I worry that I'll forget where I last measured and that my results would be all over the place (leading to a binge of course!!) x

If RawrGirl stands with her feet together there is no gap in her thighs (except for a sliver mid way). A gap finally appears after her knees. Did you see RawrGirl's diary post on stupid figure skating pants? Very discouraging.

RawrGirl said:
If RawrGirl stands with her feet together there is no gap in her thighs (except for a sliver mid way). A gap finally appears after her knees. Did you see RawrGirl's diary post on stupid figure skating pants? Very discouraging.

I saw! Those sizes are ridiculous though. They really are. There is no way that at goal weight you will be overweight. In fact you're not even overweight now!

Oh dear oh dear. Had "date night" last night. Had a lovely chicken meal in Nando's, some Ben and Jerry's and a few sweets at the cinema. Felt full but ok afterwards. But this morning I am so bloated (I honestly look pregnant, no joke!) and feel ill. I keep getting hot flushes and stomach pains. Obviously my body wasn't ready for a big (but by no means huge!) meal and now I'm paying the consequences. I've just taken an alka seltzer to see if that will help, but drinking that has bloated me even more. Up since 6am with my little lady so when she goes for morning nap I'll go back to bed too. Was tossing and turning all night because my stomach felt so full and stretched. Lesson learned!

Was a lovely evening though, nice to get out as just a couple. Went to a few shops. Managed to get 2 pairs of jeans in Gap, one on sale. Waist 30, yippee! Just glad to have some jeans that fit and don't sag at the bum.

Had my interview yesterday too. Went really well I think. No uncomfortable questions and they seemed happy with my previous experience. It was advertised as shift work which I wanted as the money is better and I get days off to spend with baby. But they said during the interview that it will probably be "normal" hours. I'm a bit frustrated by that. It's the only interview I've had so if I get offered the job I really have to take it but I find it hard to imagine only seeing my daughter briefly in the evenings, and then weekends. I know that's what most parents do but that doesn't make it any easier. In a way I hope I DON'T get offered the job, which is just selfish!

Anyway, this is a very moany post, sorry. Looking forward to a weekend of very little eating before weigh in on Monday. X

Last edited:
RawrGirl does not think you are moany at all. When her son was born, she planned on being a stay-at-home mom at least until he went to school. But that was not to be. First she ended up needing a part-time job, which wasn't too bad, but then she eventually separated from his father when son was 2 and had to get a job with more hours. It is heart-breaking.

Glad you're date night went well (other than the tummy issues). Buying 2 new pairs of jeans is awesome! RawrGirl had her usual Friday night in-home date last night with Prince Charming. She made jalapeno ranch burgers (which she ate as a quesadilla in her low carb wraps), so yummy and soooo filling (which RawrGirl finds shocking that 4oz of lean ground beef stuffs her, lol).

Have a great weekend!

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl does not think you are moany at all. When her son was born, she planned on being a stay-at-home mom at least until he went to school. But that was not to be. First she ended up needing a part-time job, which wasn't too bad, but then she eventually separated from his father when son was 2 and had to get a job with more hours. It is heart-breaking.

Glad you're date night went well (other than the tummy issues). Buying 2 new pairs of jeans is awesome! RawrGirl had her usual Friday night in-home date last night with Prince Charming. She made jalapeno ranch burgers (which she ate as a quesadilla in her low carb wraps), so yummy and soooo filling (which RawrGirl finds shocking that 4oz of lean ground beef stuffs her, lol).

Have a great weekend!

Thanks RawrGirl. Should find out about the job early this week and in a strange way I hope I dot get offered it, even though I really need it!

Isn't it amazing how full we get now? I'm not complaining though, I'm delighted. Before my VLCD, I could eat all day and never feel full!

Happy Monday all :|

Sorry I've been quiet here. Busy weekend with my little family and also my stomach issues continue. Every time I eat, I bloat up and feel really full and uncomfortable, despite it being a small meal.

I haven't eaten for over 12 hours (since dinner last night) but I feel so uncomfortable and swollen. I picked up some peppermint oil tablets (Colpermin) at the pharmacy yesterday so I'm hoping they'll help. I swing between diarrhoea and then constipation, it's so frustrating. I suffered with mild IBS years ago but never this bad, so maybe the change in eating habits has caused a flare up.

Oh well, despite this I'm down 0.8lb in a week which is nowhere near a VLCD loss but I'm happy nonetheless, taking date night and stomach issues into consideration! Also lost half an inch from my ample hips!

Not stepping on the scales again until next Monday. I found it difficult but looking back, it was a good idea. I'm sure I lost more, then gained over the weekend, but ultimately what I saw on the scales this morning was a loss, so I'm happy!

Plan this week is to stay below 1200 cals as much as possible and hopefully lose a pound. Kickboxing twice hopefully and maybe, just maybe, I'll dust off my weights and yoga mat and tackle the 30 Day Shred. How long have I been threatening to do that?!!

Have a great week everyone. X

RawrGirl said:
Hey, RawrGirl has 30-day shred. Maybe we could do our own little 30-day challenge!

Hope you start feeling better really soon!

Maybe we should! I lack motivation when I tell myself I'm going to do it on my own. I keep planning to do it Tues and Thurs evening (have kick boxing Mon and Wed) but I end up getting comfy in front of the TV once little lady has gone to bed, tut tut!

Feeling a little better thanks! Still bloat hugely after meals but the bloating doesn't seem to last as long.

Sorry, quiet again here!

As I said above, feeling a little better. Still bloating but not for as long so hopefully whatever is causing it is improving!

Calorie-wise I'm doing ok. Definitely below 1300 most days and under 1200 on days when I do more exercise, such as kick-boxing. I count everything that passes my lips and it really makes me realise how many calories are in certain foods. Quite depressing how quickly it adds up actually. I definitely feel hungrier these days and must admit to snacking in a few packs of baby's biscuits when I'm peckish between meals. All counted of course but still, not a good habit.

It's funny though. Despite being a healthy BMI, I still think of myself as the same weight as a few months ago. I have to keep reminding myself that i'm slimmer now. Not slim yet, but definitely slimMER! I have been prancing around in my new jeans and it's lovely to have something that fits properly. I bumped into a lovely lady yesterday who I went to breastfeeding group with when our babies were small and she told me out of the blue that I was "looking great". Twice! That was really nice. It always comes from unexpected sources.

On the job front there's more progress. I had an interview yesterday for a role in an old company of mine. The role is perfectly suited to me and while the money is ok, it's not great. The job I interviewed for last week would pay more but the work is quite tedious and menial. I haven't been offered either yet but if I get offered the higher paid one (I should find out today or tomorrow) I face the dilemma of either accepting it, or rejecting it to wait and see if I'm successful with the other, lower paid but more "me" job!! Job hunting is tough eh? The lower paid one is a 9 month contract but an inside source tells me that they would then hope to make it a permanent role with better pay. Anyway, I will keep you all posted. Not that this has anything to do with my weight loss, oh, except that I felt confident going for the interview because I wasn't a big fat lump (just a small one instead ;))

Anyway, I think that's enough rambling for one entry. I have just 4lb to go to hit a 2 stone loss and I would love to do that by December.

Thanks Zeke. Not sure I'm doing that well. I still feel like I'm cheating by eating anything at all! Still, it's miles better than my previous eating habits that landed me here in the first place!

Yes, I'm terrible at big decisions too. I'd much prefer someone to make them for me! Thank you though. Feels good to write things here, it's quite therapeutic.

It's funny though. Despite being a healthy BMI, I still think of myself as the same weight as a few months ago. I have to keep reminding myself that i'm slimmer now.

Couldn't agree with this more! To me I still feel exactly the same. When I can't tell any difference, I say to myself, 'what would my body look like with an extra 20lbs? (or whatever you've lost to date)' Helps me kinda put it in perspective!

Good luck with the job searching :) x

Maybe we should! I lack motivation when I tell myself I'm going to do it on my own. I keep planning to do it Tues and Thurs evening (have kick boxing Mon and Wed) but I end up getting comfy in front of the TV once little lady has gone to bed, tut tut!

Oh...RawrGirl thought you were going to aim for 30 days in a row (minus weekends). She's never done that, in fact, she thinks she only did Shred for a day or two, lol. But yea, you wouldn't want to do that on the days you kickbox. Hmmm. That's funny though how similar our schedules are as RawrGirl figure skates Mon and Wed.

O well, glad you're feeling better. And if you goal is to lose 4 pounds by December, I am sure you will make it! Much more realistic than RawrGirl's goal, lol.

RawrGirl said:
Oh...RawrGirl thought you were going to aim for 30 days in a row (minus weekends). She's never done that, in fact, she thinks she only did Shred for a day or two, lol. But yea, you wouldn't want to do that on the days you kickbox. Hmmm. That's funny though how similar our schedules are as RawrGirl figure skates Mon and Wed.

O well, glad you're feeling better. And if you goal is to lose 4 pounds by December, I am sure you will make it! Much more realistic than RawrGirl's goal, lol.

Ha, no! I'm not hardcore enough for that, not yet anyway! Actually we've been doing a lot of ab work and circuits at kickboxing, similar to the shred, so tonight I am going to go for a plain old run and see how I get on. Just a few miles when the little lady has gone to bed. It's raining here at the moment but I don't mind if that continues, I can have a nice hot shower when I get in!

Happy happy Friday everyone! 3 day weekend here too so looking forward to that. Going to switch off and forget about job search until Tuesday morning. (No news on that front :( )

Well the good news is: I went for a run last night! Felt confident enough just to wear running tights too. Obviously I wore other clothes too- what I mean is that I used to wear shorts over the tights! It was dark out which helped with the confidence ;) Anyway, I haven't gone running since at least August, I think maybe even July. Actually, yes July! I did a 4km route and found it surprisingly fine. I quite enjoyed it in fact!

Food wise I've been tracking and sticking below cals in MFP. I picked up some 99calorie chocolate bars yesterday so I can have one in the evenings with a cup of tea. I was planning to stay off chocolate until Xmas but was feeling deprived. I feel that once I track and stay within my calories, I can eat anything? Mind you, if I find myself eating 1200cals of chocolate and nothing else every day, it's time or a rethink!

Very quiet on here recently (including me) but hope everyone is getting on ok. Have a great weekend! X

Back