MissP's Foody Favourites

RealMissP

Hi All,

I was thinking that Maybe if I told you all about what I'm eating... and visually showed you and gave you the recipes, that it might help to a) make me think before I stick a Milky Way In my mouth! And b) give you all some ideas for Yummy foods!

Hope this thread maybe gives people a little inspiration when they are short and it will get me into the state of posting at least once every 2 days with food and recipe ideas... starting tomorrow!

A Little About Me!
I'm MissP - 24 years young(!) currently on the SW EE plan and have been for a year. Have some great support from my consultant who is now one of my best friends and my mum who is now at target. I have lost 4 stone 7 lbs since starting my diet and 4 stone 4 lbs since joining SW. I weigh in every Wednesday and tend to hang around the 'half the person I used to be' 'Wednesday weighers' and 'whats for lunch thread'!

Chilli Con Carne

Ok First One:

Chilli Con Carne With Pasta...from the slimming world site with a couple of modifications!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fry Light, for spraying
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 Mushrooms sliced
1 large pepper sliced
3 tsp of lazy chillis
2 tsps ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
284ml/½ pint stock
salt and ground black pepper
454g/1lb extra lean beef mince (or Quorn mince)
1 x 198g/7oz can red kidney beans, drained
1 level tablespoon of tomato puree

1.Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and fry the onion gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden.
2. Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add minced, stirring until it begins to brown.
3. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
4. Season with salt and pepper and add drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.

5. Serve with pasta and 42g low low grated cheese (HEA)

this should serve 4 but can do 4 plus extras for lunch tomorrow if you are lucky. I freeze batches as its yummy to defrost and reheat for lunch or even snacks

Hope you guys like it :)

Last edited:
OOOOO this looks great! Can't wait to see more. I actually just clicked in here looking for some EE inspiration and you have just provided it. can't wait to see what else you've got, and then on Monday when I get paid I'll go on a shopping spree to get all the ingredients :D

OOOOO this looks great! Can't wait to see more. I actually just clicked in here looking for some EE inspiration and you have just provided it. can't wait to see what else you've got, and then on Monday when I get paid I'll go on a shopping spree to get all the ingredients :D

ahh im so glad you liked it, to be honest im just so glad someone read it!! thanks for the good feedback I really am going to try and update almost every day :)

Yum Yum. I love looking at pictures of food !!! Looking forward to seeing more :)

Gail x

So Breakfast on weigh in day was a muller yoghurt and fruit!

I had a business meeting at lunch and had to toss a coin between a full chiquitos and a costa, so a skinny latte and a Mozzarella and tomato paninni.... oh please please please don't let it affect weigh in tonight :((

So given that I'm not going to show all you lovely people a picture of that, I'll tell you my normal lunch and let you imagine it!

5 Scan Bran with 5 Deli Light Cheese's spread on top, covered in sliced cherry tomatoes with a muller light and a bananna. Can of Diet coke for afters..... wish I had had that instead to be honest!

Hello lovely readers.. I lost 3.5lbs at weigh in today.. really happy! For those that haven't tried them yet - there is a lush new hifi bar out is is so so goooooood!!

And how about this for a light dinner, HeB of toast, with deli light blue cheese and sliced beef tomatoes, grill to make the tomatoes warm and gooey.. then have some yougurt and fresh fruit for pud pud with some honey drizzled over the top!

Like the look of the lunch and great idea with the yoghurt and honey. I'm now hungry!

Yum yum. The new Hifi bars look fantastic. Do they taste as good ? Still just 1 HexB ? Thanks for the pictures :)

Gail x

:wee:Thanks all very inspiring. Looking forward to more and very well done on your weight loss. I'm just starting out with 3 stone to go so wish me luck, patients and anything else that might help

oooo those new bars look yummy!! are they 6 syns still? i started sw again on monday and im trying the extra easy plan - never tried it before ive always done green before but im determined to stick to it this time!!

Back