Mix a mousse HELP!!

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
Hello ladies and gents,

Please can somebody help me with how on earth you get the mix a mousse right? I have seen a few people havent been very impressed with it but im hoping it might help me stay on CD if i can vary from shakes and soups.

Any help will be much appreciated :D

I intend to try bars next week woohoo

I used to add a heaped scoop to the shake packet, put my blender on with very cold water in, get it running then quickly remove lid and add the mix to the water and mix it up. I put it in a bowl and put it in the freezer for about 5 mins and voila - mousse !

I used to do it another way, it's a faff but I would get a plastic tub with a lid, empty the sachet into that pop the mix a mousse amount into there (I would always add a little more though as I like a big Mousse) shake that tub well then add it one tablespoon at a time to the blender with cold water. 20 mins later from the fridge - Voila !

You're going to be inundated with ways to try, LOL.

Okay, my method.

Measure out 200ml of water (I use the container that came with my hand held blender). Put the water in the freezer for 25-30 minutes (just until you can see the formation of ice crystals on the top of the water).

Put a scoop of mix a mousse into the packet of shake powder and mix well with a fork.

Get the water from the freezer, dump the contents of the packet on top of the water and start to blend immediately.

Now this bit is crucial: you need to blend it for at least a minute. Sounds a long time (it feels a long time when you're holding the mixer) but if you don't blend it for long enough, it doesn't set properly later.

Pour the gloop into your serving bowl and pop the bowl into the freezer for five minutes (while you're waiting, you can scrape out the mixing jug, LOL :D :D :D)

And voila, your mousse should be set and ready. I find that sometimes it sets more firmly than others, but it's always perfectly edible and not at all lumpy!

I shall give it a whirl, i have 2 spare choc sachets so no worries if it doesnt work :)

Thank you ladies :D

I used to do it another way, it's a faff but I would get a plastic tub with a lid, empty the sachet into that pop the mix a mousse amount into there (I would always add a little more though as I like a big Mousse) shake that tub well then add it one tablespoon at a time to the blender with cold water. 20 mins later from the fridge - Voila !

I would assume using packets, the consume within 15mins would still apply?

ok my way is different again, lol

1 level scoop of MAM in the blender with a shake pack and mix em up
then i add 250ml of very cold water and blend for a minute or 2
pour into a bowl and put it in the freezer, after 5 minutes i stir it, back in for 5 mins and it takes on a velvety texture, is very yummy!

love mam with shake, is yummy

How did it turn out Hayley?

love mam with shake, is yummy

How did it turn out Hayley?

Puppy training first at 8pm and then i'll give it a try :D

Becca- CDC told me last night that yes you should eat it within 15 mins so i'll see how i get on.....

YUMMY!
Im hooked on MAM now heehee

Mixed a scoop of MAM with my choc powder, added 250ml of cold water, used my hand blender for about three minutes and left in te fridge for 5 minutes :)

Didnt take me long to scoff that in :p

Think CD has just become more appealing hehe

Im about to go and make more woohoo

Mmmm I think I might have it tonight, I do love it!

Back