mix a mousse

Hello_kitty

hello.. Im sorry if i open a thread which already exists, but i couldn't find it. I just bought the mix a mousse, but don't know what to do with it. I want it to be a little bit like this ;
chocolademousse.jpg

and not like this;
3398998857_516a53f5211.jpg

i hope that that's possible? Since it actually IS just gelatin ..

I use 150ml of water (or just over) and keep it in the fridge for a while until it's cold. I then add a scoop of mixamousse and then the shake and blend it loads. I pour it into a dish and then put it in the freezer for about 5/10 minutes. I like mine to be really set, but if you like yours more like angel delight you should just leave it in the fridge for a bit until it's set how you want it. Yummy!:D

mix-a-mousse is very much trial and error, i did it to the word and found it too thick and like chocolate jelly lol..so added bit more water and now happy with it think i use about 180mls of water blend it for about a min then whack it in the freezer for about 10-15 mins:D

The trick is to ***blllleeeennnnd*** it! For a minute at least, and try to get as much air as you possibly can into it while you blend. I use a hand blender and angle it so it turns over the mix and forces loads of air into it.

Then into the freezer for 10 mins

never tried this, I just make my shake a bit thicker like I used to on LT, but people rave about it so I might try next week

I find the trick to get it lovely angel delight consistencey is to open the shake pack and add just under a scoop of the MAM to the pack and stir dry with a teaspoon in the shake pack and then get 150ml of cold water from the fridge...get your hand blender at the ready and then quickly add the mix to the water and hand blend for about a minute til' you have blended loads of air into the mixture...then pop it into the fridge for about 15 - 20 minutes....Delicious...specially the chocomint.
Enjoy!!!!

Sorry did I say fridge...I actually meant the freezer....the fridge just does not do the mousse justice...yum!!
I also pour my mousse into a glass sundae dish just to make it seem extra special....it's all about the psychology!!!

Back