mix and match what do you think?

shell09

Silver Member
Hi

I am back on cd now day 5.

To cut a long story short I have aprox one months worth of packs so I am not visiting my cdc antill these have finished.

Infact I am considering jumping to exante once they have finished simply because f the price difference! I only plan to do the vlcd for 2 months maybe three max!

So I was wondering what people thought of that, and secondly the bars………… I used to quite like the cd bars but have none left now. A frwind of mine has just started atkins and has these atkins bars, whixh are meant to be low carb etc too, I was wondering if they would be a sufficient substitute they apparently have around 21 carbs each I don’t have a cd bar to compare but have read cd bars have around 23 so kinda makes sense not sure about the fat and kal content thoug.

Has anybody done this before

I know its not ideal I am being monitored by my gp but financially things are tight but I am so determined to shift these last few stone quickly

Any advice and opinions greatly received

hiya, for cambridge its not really suitable as 1 pack contains a 3rd of you're vitamins and minerals intake so obviously once you've had all 3 you've had you're full daily allowance.

i wish it was do-able the atkins bars are fab, compared to normal chocolate bars never mind compared to the cambridge bars! can you not just stick to the shakes and soups you have?

if things are tight though, the atkins bars are on average about £2 a bar anyway so there not any cheaper than one of the cambridge products

hope this helps a little and sorry i cant back up what i've said any further its just off the top of my head
xx

Nah that’s fine thanks for the response

Yeah I heard they were very expensive. I just was thinking to use them in weak moments not like every day just maybe the odd one here and there over weekends.

I have only just discovered these bars even exist not even tried one lol.

i just did a stint of 2 weeks on atkins before CD and they definately helped me get through the two weeks, they are like a real indulgence but because of the protein in them they still make u feel not hungry.

i even had a 'im gonna binge moment' and tried to but couldnt ha thats a good thing obviously but they was just too rich, on the bad side of it i wasted £6 in messing about with 3 bars!

if i was to 'cheat' on cambridge and i was desperate for something, i would probably have one of these, no point in having a snickers or something as bad, when these are low in carbs and are full of fibre and protein, not that im saying have one, just if things are that bad u need something they offer a bit of damage limitation, however for some people on atkins never mind cd, they stall there weight loss cos of the extra carbs in them so thats another thing to consider

hope this has helped a bit :)

yeah defintely does

clarifies my thoughts

cheers

this is slightly diet obsessive of me…… but also has anybody seen that diet suplement product called ‘lo-carb’ im wondering if it actually works or if it is another gimmick. Not for me now while on cd ss+ but perhaps worth knowing abouth when i go up the plans

A friend of mine has lost lots of weight by buying 'protimeals' from the Avidlite website. He has 2 protimeals a day, plus a multivitamin tablet. Not all of the protimeal products are total meal replacement, but it is a very low calorie diet.

The advantage he found was that it was much cheaper than Cambridge. Roughly £29per week compared to £40ish. He said you must remember to get vitamins too though, so that adds a little to the cost.

My other half has 2 cambridge products and one protimeal total meal replacement product per day. She is still losing weight. It may not be quite as quick as cambridge (a difference of maybe 1lb per week), but it's cheaper.

Hope you find the best solution for you :)

My other half has 2 cambridge products and one protimeal total meal replacement product per day. She is still losing weight. It may not be quite as quick as cambridge (a difference of maybe 1lb per week), but it's cheaper.

Cheaper per day, but if she had a third Cambridge product instead of the protimeal, she would be more likely to lose maybe 3lb per week and therefore it would be quicker and cheaper in the long run. ;)

Back