Mix & Match Healthy extras??

Mrscush

Woman on a mission!
Hiya

I know the HE's are measured out for calcuim/ fibre etc, but just wondering if anyone has tried (or if we ar allowed!) to mix & Match?

Im thinking you are allowed 4 x dark rye ryvita or 2 x alpen light as a b choice. Could i therefore have 2 x ryvita and 1 x alpen light?! does that work?

any advice appreciated.

Theres a bit of a debate about this, but I do it and i've been fine!

I'm sure lots of other people do it to!

x

I do it too! Although normally with my A choice i.e. half the milk and half the dairylea light allowance.

I asked my C this last week if I could do this with my milk and cheese and she said no :( I can't see why not though.

Per the SW FAQs, this is the answer:

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Now, as far as I can work out, the debate is over what they mean by 'multiple items in one choice'. I think they mean those HEXs where you have 28g porridge and a Scan Bran, i.e., you can't split that one.

But I don't think there's a problem with having, say, 2 Ryvita and 1 Alpen Light.

I asked my C this last week if I could do this with my milk and cheese and she said no :( I can't see why not though.

Sorry but your consultant is wrong on this. It clearly says in the FAQ section of the SW website that you can split your HE as long as it is a single food item. So you can split your alpen lights or your ryvita but not your porridge because the HE is 28g porridge + 1 scan bran.

Back