Mix to Max

loopyloo68

Hi guys

I stayed the same last week at weigh in and am 150% on this diet and exercising loads! so i'm looking at ways of shaking things up a bit to get the weight shifting again. Has any one any good ideas or suggestions? My consultant keeps plugging the Mix to Max, where you have your normal breakie, then decide if you want red or green for lunch and then again in the evening, i.e. so you can have a steak for lunch and then pasta for dinner etc etc. Just wondered if anyone had tried it and whether it boosted their weight loss???

All help appreciated guys as I'm starting to get fed up and don't want to give up now - but progress is just so flippin' slow!

xxx

Sorry honey, can't help cos not been to class. Has your consultant gone into more detail as to how it works/how it works?

Hi DQ

Yep she's gone into it and thinks its fab but I just wondered if anyone else had done it on this forum and what success they had had on it. I really need to do something positive and get this weight shifting - its just soooooooo slow!!!

How you doing? Made any of the recipes yet? Foodfairy's syn free quiche is fab - made it twice over the weekend!!! I personally think its actually better completely cold!!!

xx

I actually can't stand 'quiche' - makes me feel physically ill!! :( So not tried any recipes yet - I remember trying 'ferrero roche' using scan bran and chocolate spread but I had too many of them and spent ages on the loo :eek::eek:

All I can say about Mix-to-Max is give it a go and see how you feel. You never know, it might be the kickstart you need to get your weight loss going again :hug99:

Hi DQ,

My MIL stayed the same for 5 weeks, but then had a huge weight-loss and has continued to loose weight every week since.
I am not saying that this will happen to you, but don't give up and you will get the loss that you want!

I sent my consultant a text asking about it - and she said it was really only for "last resort" problems but she would bring it along anyway. I just think that if you are putting 150% effort into a diet, you really should be getting something back - otherwise you start losing heart and stop. I sometimes think it's actually better to get weighed every two weeks instead of every week! Maybe I should suggest this!

I'll let you know what the diet sheet is all about later this evening and also whether I lost, stayed the same or gained - although I'll very very upset if I've gained!!

XX

LoopyLoo68. The weight loss booster is called Fast Forward. I have been on it before and it is a little restrictive, but you can have things like bagels and quark and cadbury chocolate fingers on it!! When I did it for a week, I lost 8lbs as I had become stuck too.

Hi Mrs V

8lbs?!! Wow, that's amazing! I'm just putting so much effort into this and not getting anything back from it. I have a christening to go to on Sunday - food wise.... will that mess it all up if I still follow it or would it be ok to just do a red or green just for that particular day and then do the Fast forward for the remainder do you think? Not sure my consultant seems keen to give it to me - but will have to see tonight.

Hmmm, not too sure about that one. You may not have a huge weight loss for that week, but it will certainly make you drop a couple of pounds. Has your consultant had a look at what you eat? If you have a varied eating plan from week to week, you will loose weight better than if you eat the same things each week. Your body gets used to what you are putting in!

Well been weighed and guess what..... I stayed the same.... again:confused: To say i'm upset and angry is an understatment. I'm going to give it one more week doing the red/green/mix to match and then, if i stay the same again next week, i'm going to do the Fast Forward plan that slimming world suggest - for when you get stuck. My consultant has given me the plan now, so i can read through it and make a decision. It really is very restrictive and most things have to be weighed - but to be honest, if it gets things moving again, then i'm more than happy to do it. Lets just hope i don't have to and that things start to shift this week and i lose some weight!!! It really has knocked me for six, especially after all the hard work that i've put in to it. Oh well, onwards and upwards!!

xx

Mrs V, did you get stuck for long? After you did the Fast Forward plan and lost the 8 pounds, did the weight losses continue after that? As you said, it's got chocolate fingers on the list and that's something I wouldn't have normally had - even as a syn!!!

Sending you big :hug99: babes - I can imagine how sad this is making you feel, and wish I had some words of wisdom for you.

Loopy Loo i know Mix &Match would not work for me, being able to eat carb laden food along side a protein laden meal would be too much like "normal" eating and my body would react accordinley. ie, gaining weight. Stick to red days, dont care what anyone says they do work quicker, watch your bread intake and avoid pasta like the plague. You can do this.

Back