Mixed emotions.

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
I've been having an inner battle for the last week or so, I think it was made worse by going to the gym last night to try Body Jam & seeing myself wobble in the mirror.

Anyway the main thing is I am disgusted with myself for allowing myself to get to almost 22 stone, really pleased with myself for loosing almost 2 stone, disgusted with myself for still being 20 stone but pleased with myself for getting into smaller clothes. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like this?

You are far from the only one! I've lost 2 stone, and i started at 22st 7, and i've found that the more weight i lose, the more self conscious i am about my size. I have lots of rolls of fat and wobbly bits....

I don't look in mirrors, it freaks me out.

Wish i could offer some advice or something, but i can't :( I'm sure things will change, and after a while,the head will give us a break and let us love ourselves and how we look ;)

You're doing amazingly well so far on your journey- well done :D

I think that's so true but whatever size you are, woman are just way to hard on themselves. Losing weight is so difficult so you should pat yourself on the back for your massive loss so far and for getting out there and exercising. Chin up xxxx

Ive only just started on sw, but every time i look in the mirror im horrified at how ive let myself get. I certainly dont think your alone at feeling the way you do. Huge well done for the 2 stone you ahve lost tho!! Thats amazing.

Can i ask how do you find body jam? I booked my induction for our new gym last night and looking through the bumpf they gave me, body jam is one of the classes they offer that i was looking at. I have to say tho my fitness is almost none exsistant lol so that was putting me off a bit :)

I do it as well. I think we all do. But just remember it is going. Slowly but surely. You are doing something about it and that is the most important thing. Better than sitting there and thinking about it and eating yourself 'happy'.

I constantly feel like this every day, BUT, unlike me, you are going to SW, you are exercising, you can get into smaller clothes, and you have lost 2 stone!!

I manage to lose a few lbs and then put it back on and more. I am currently 18 stone and I am so ashamed I have let it get this bad.

So, good on you for doing something about it and in view of this, I have kicked myself up the bum and am off to a new sw class tonight!! I can't keep making excuses!

I feel like this and I'm currently 12,12 and have lost 3 stone ;( the more weight I lose the more I start hating my body, I have this idea of perfection in my head and won't be happy until I see that image in the mirror!

The important thing is that we have taken steps in the right direction and through this exercise and SW we will one day look in the mirror and smile at the reflection :)

Keep up that great work and keep smiling x

I know what you mean. I saw a photo of myself from about a year ago the other day and just thought - i don't remember being that fat! Then saw a pic of myself at a wedding on friday, and whilst i am def not as big, i am still significantly bigger than all my mates. On one hand yay me for losing 2 1/2 st. On the other hand its made me realise how far i still have to go.

I think i needed that though. I am the lightest i have been in 10 years, & it would be easy for me to just say - right, i'm happy as a size 16, i'll stop now. I'm also getting more & more comments about my weight loss, which is great, but could easily lull me into a false sense of security.

No you're most definitely not alone - we have those moments whether at the gym, or out with a slim friend or trying to put on a pair of jeans that fit six months ago, or when your 6 year old niece says "you got fat" :) Chin up....it's a journey and you're heading we're all heading in the right direction - sending big hugs x

Definitely have those moments!

I think, for me at least, that I know I've lost over a stone and a half and when I look in the mirror it doesn't seem to reflect how my mind thinks my body should be!

Keep at it though, you are doing so well.

I also feel the same and can feel very depressed when i cant fit into clothes i like when i'm shopping as i dont feel feminine in what i wear now but on the positive side i am now noticing small changes like my wedding ring getting loose thats motivating me along x

I think no matter what size we are, we will never be 100% happy.
I hate the way this really holds us back. I am sad that when I look back thru pictures of my son and husband, I am in very little of them and that has to change.

I let myself put on weight, but I am not going to let it affect my family life anymore!!!!!

Its so easy when you do get compliments to become complecent, but this shoud make you more motivated to get there.

It took years to put on the weight so we need to realise that it will not fall off in a few weeks. We will have doubts and days where we will fall off plan, but once we realise thats ok we will get there. SW should be looked at as a lifestyle change.
We will get there in the end....
Doubts are all part of the journey.

I've been having an inner battle for the last week or so, I think it was made worse by going to the gym last night to try Body Jam & seeing myself wobble in the mirror.

Anyway the main thing is I am disgusted with myself for allowing myself to get to almost 22 stone, really pleased with myself for loosing almost 2 stone, disgusted with myself for still being 20 stone but pleased with myself for getting into smaller clothes. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like this?

You are totally not alone - I hope it has helped knowing that you aren't. However you have lost 2 stone and dropped clothes sizes - that is a great achievement.

I also felt like that but for some reason, this time I just kept at it. At times I have felt like this is a long journey but I just kept at it and every time I looked back I had come a bit further. Please try not to be disgusted with yourself, you are not alone here but you can (and you are) making a difference and hopefully it won't be long before you will look back and feel really good about yourself.

Make sure that you write down the things that you have achieved so that you can keep looking at them which will help to keep you motivated.

Well done for your success so far :)

Gail x

Back