Mixed information given by pharmacists...

skinnylove_88

I started LT with my local pharmacist and was with her for my first six weeks, but due to my work office moving into town I was no longer able to get back in time to that pharmacy by 6pm when it closes - and they aren't open on Saturdays. So, I've had to move to a different pharmacy.

When I went for my 7th weigh in (my first time at the new pharmacy), I was having a chat with the pharmacist and I explained that 8 stone is my goal and asked for some advice on when I should stop TFR and move on to maintenance. He was pretty shocked, checked his weight chart and said that for my height - 5 foot 3 - if I were to reach anything below 8 stone 3lb I would be technically underweight and they therefore couldn't allow me to continue to that point. I know from having checked the height-weight chart on the NHS website that I can be as light at 7.5 stone and still be just about in the healthy weight for my height, so 8 stone is more than acceptable. He had a different chart to mine. The one I've been going off is here, and this is also the one that was pinned up at my original pharmacy:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-living/Documents/Adult_height_weight_chart_110411.pdf

As well as this, my original pharmacist had assured me that I could do TFR for as long as I wanted as long as I don't go into the underweight category, whereas my new pharmacist said no, you can't do that and we will probably stop allowing you to do TFR once you get to approx 9.5 to 9 stone and move you on to maintenance.

I just wanted to know what you guys think / what you've been told. As long as I stay within my 'healthy weight' range (according to the NHS chart!) then surely what my first pharmacist said is right, and I can do TFR until I'm happy and then move on to maintenance with the purpose of maintaining (not losing any more weight) when I want to? I plan on taking the above height-weight chart in to my next weigh-in to show them that 8 stone 3lb would NOT be underweight for my height, nowhere near! My plan was to reach my goal and then play around with the maintenance formulas and meals after my refeed to figure out the best combination to maintain. My new pharmacist is basically saying they won't allow it and I'll have to lose that last 1 to 1.5 stone on maintenance against my will. :( If this is wrong then I may have to move to a different pharmacy again but if you guys say it's right then I'll stay put.

Last edited:
Hi I am not much use really my pharmacist never discussed what weight I want to be and when to refeed,to be honest my pharmacist barely utters a word to me on visits other than how you finding it ! (23 weeks now you would think if I had a problem I wold tell him) but hopefully someone with a better pharmacist will help!

Back