Mixing it up or sticking with one plan?

I usually do EE but today i'm having a Green day - is that wise? Or should you stick to a plan all week?

Before i started ee i did a mix of red and green - just wondered what you guys do?

I just stick to EE myself as I find it so flexible and you don't have to think too hard when planning meals.

I'm sure there's no harm in having either a Red or Green day if that's what you feel you want to do though.

Good luck on your journey to a slimmer you!!

I stick to EE but have tried mixing days. Tried this a couple of weeks ago - red, green and EE mixed week - didn't affect my weight loss at all and I actually felt much more restricted.

The good things about it was it made me go back through all the books and make myself more aware of everything, so the next week when I did go back to EE I lost 5lb - I think because I had brought it all back to the surface so to speak.

I think there are times when using the other days can be used, in a really flexible way. Like for example, having a red day when you know you're going to a barbeque :) xx

I stick to EE but have tried mixing days. Tried this a couple of weeks ago - red, green and EE mixed week - didn't affect my weight loss at all and I actually felt much more restricted.

The good things about it was it made me go back through all the books and make myself more aware of everything, so the next week when I did go back to EE I lost 5lb - I think because I had brought it all back to the surface so to speak.

I think there are times when using the other days can be used, in a really flexible way. Like for example, having a red day when you know you're going to a barbeque :) xx

I have to look back at the books now and then to remind me about things I can eat. :read:

That's a really good idea having a red day when you're going to a barbeque. :p

Oooooooh a BBQ ha ha!!!! I could really eat one of those, but it's faaaaaaar too chilly here lmao! I've been watching the weather forecasts on tv and they keep talking at 10 or 14 degrees, it's not been above 6.5 since i moved to this valley 3 weeks ago lol! Still i love it here ;)

No worries :) That's really the only time I change days now. Definite meat eater so green days don't happen for me hahaha. But then I also love carbs....damn I hate dieting :p haha.

Try mixing days? See what works for you? Another plan might work better :) my consultant is always saying we all start on EE but it might not be what our body wants, she suggests if your weight loss starts to slow to try the other plans - like one whole week green and then one whole week red and see how your weight losses differ.

xx

I think mixing it up is an excellent plan. Our bodies adjust to what it percieves to be "normal" at the time, so by constantly switching things around it keeps your metabolism on it's toes and doesnt allow it to get complacent.

I dont just mean between red/green/EE either, one week, drink more water, one week, maybe do a fish week, keep your meals varied and interesting. Keeps the plan from getting stale and really DOES promote great losses.

I have mainly red days as i love a good steak!!! :D

I throw EE/Green when i have a carb craving or want something with beans/pulses/lentils.

SW is so flexible, that I think the idea is to change plans each week - jazz it up a bit!

I do a mixture off all 3 every week now . Works well for me ;)

After reading you mixing a matching weeks id like to know more about EE and im Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but....

Used to red and green but never done EE before (got the books but doing this on my home alone) but with EE what can you snack on? Is it only super free food or can you eat say meat like a red day?

If this is the wrong place, please point me in the right direction? Ta very much xx

i do a mixture of all 3.
pretty much decide what i want to on the day....or occasionally when doing a freezer and cupboard use up i will plan in advance but it'll still be a mix of all 3 over the week(well usually green and ee,red only occasionally throw in)

After reading you mixing a matching weeks id like to know more about EE and im Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but....

Used to red and green but never done EE before (got the books but doing this on my home alone) but with EE what can you snack on? Is it only super free food or can you eat say meat like a red day?

If this is the wrong place, please point me in the right direction? Ta very much xx

Obviously the recommendation is to snack on superfree (as it is on all plans) but its the main meals that really have to be 1/3 superfree for true EE. So if you had say, a mugshot as a snack, or a free yogurt or something, it would still be an EE day.

I mix it up and use them all. Like on work days, i tend to stick to green as they work better at work, and if we are having a family meal it tends to be EE so we can have spag bol, or chicken and potatoes. And then, if im trying to boost my weight loss i do a few red days... working great so far :)

The basics of EE are:
- Unlimited meat, poultry, fish, potatoes, rich, pasta, beans, vegetables, meat replacements such as Quorn, vegetables, most fresh fruits and eggs
- 2 healthy choices (1 A - dairy, 1 B - fibre in carbs such as cereal/bread, dried fruit/ soups)
- 5 - 15 syns

My main EE snacks are:

- fruit salad
- chopped veggies like carrots/ sugar snap peas
- jelly with fruit in
- mushy pea curry

Back