Mixing powders - Mocha???

sjn1982

Has any one else tried mixing the powders? I've tried a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of coffee to make a kind of mocha.

Any one else tried different combinations?

Yes I did, I got a tub of vanilla when I last did SF to try it, but hated the taste. So save throwing it out I mixed a scoop of vanilla with either the chocolate or strawberry and it was really nice!

What a brilliant idea!! I hadn't thought about doing that!! I might try chocolate and banana together.. or chocolate and strawberry. They'll either be absolutely delicious or completely disgusting together lol.

I've got a tub of choocolate tesco branded slim fast that I'm not very fond of so its worth a shot.. even just to get rid of it. That Mocha sounds delightful! But Stirky - how could you not like the vanilla! lol its my favourite :)

Has anyone tried mixing normal coffee with the vanilla powder? I wanted the cafe classic but my boots didn't have any in stock so was wondering if anyone had tried doing it this way and if so what was it like. Also not sure how much it would bump up cals. If anyone has done this i would be very interested in knowing what your thoughts were.

Sass - It wouldn't affect the calories at all because coffee granules have 0 calories in them :) however, I'm not sure if the granules would readily dissolve in the cold milk. You could try dissolving them in hot water, letting the coffee cool and then pour it in with the milk to your shake. Or you could even cut back on milk and make the rest of the liquid up with the coffee. I've never tried it myself but its worth a try - never know what you could discover!! Let us know what its like!!

What a brilliant idea!! I hadn't thought about doing that!! I might try chocolate and banana together.. or chocolate and strawberry. They'll either be absolutely delicious or completely disgusting together lol.

I've got a tub of choocolate tesco branded slim fast that I'm not very fond of so its worth a shot.. even just to get rid of it. That Mocha sounds delightful! But Stirky - how could you not like the vanilla! lol its my favourite :)

Lol, yes thought I would like it but found it a bit sickly! But was lovely when mixed especially with the strawberry! In fact may get a tub again to do this with, makes a change too. Don't know about chocolate and strawberry together tho, could be interesting!!! :p

I had my vanilla shake with coffee in, i did dissolve the granules in a very small amount of boiled water and then once it had cooled i made my vanilla shake as normal. It was good but didn't taste sweet like the vanilla does on its own. Though i did have a disaster with my blender so i think i lost some of the vanilla powder.

Overall it was good :D

Thanks for that Sass! I might just give it a go tomorrow. I love coffee... and the stuff from the coffee shops always helps me when I'm a bit 'bunged up', for want of a better word! lol does anyone else find that? Or is it just me being weird?!

what about heating up the milk in the micro then adding the coffee granuals, then adding that to the chocolate slim fast? would be like a warm milky moccachino? well in theory anyway..lol. think ill try it in the morning. will prob be vile!!! LOL:D

Linda xx

I mixed strawberry and vanilla in my blender with ice today.. yummm!

Yes it is lovely, I used to do that mean I was using a tub of vanilla up. Also the choc and vanilla is yummy!

mondayclubber - Let us know what its like, I like trying new things too :)

Stirky - Mmm might give that one a go too!

Oooh I will definitely do this with the choc and vanilla, as I do find the choc one a bit too thick and sickly...

Mel x

Back